Reviews for The venturer returns
lindahoyland chapter 4 . 2/24/2005
Very enjoyable, I've added you to my alerts list
Grumpy chapter 3 . 2/12/2005
Poor Estel he is not doing well, but at least he is home, and can tell his family what he has been up to being a ranger.
Kathira chapter 2 . 2/10/2005
Another very good chapter. You do seem to have had a bit of a problem with a couple of your sentences, however. It's this section:

"Sorting through his herbs in his pouch, he found one that would dull his sense of balance and the pain, but would not come into full effect for while. He considered his options. He could either take this herb, which would make his slightly lucid but would hopefully allow him enough time to reach the house..."

It might be better if you said something like this instead:

"Sorting through his herbs in his pouch, he found one that would dull his pain, but which would affect his sense of balance, although that detriment would not come into full effect for while. He considered his options. He could either take this herb, which would make him slightly less than lucid but would hopefully allow him enough time to reach the house before he fell from his mount. Or he could take another less effective pain-killing herb and continue..."

See what I mean? This way it is clearer to the reader what Aragorn's choices are and what the effects of his various herbs are. I know he's not feeling very clear himself at this point, but it's better not to confuse the reader too much!

Overall, I am enjoying this very much, and am looking forward to reading more. I encourage you to continue writing and developing your skills.
Kathira chapter 3 . 2/10/2005
Another very good chapter. I think it's fine that you are taking it slow - you don't need any radical plot developments. Also, I like to see more realistic periods of convalesence. Too many stories have Aragorn and Legolas at death's door, with broken ams and legs and then up and around playing pranks and fending off orc attacks in a couple of days. Maybe while Aragorn is resting and recovering, you could have him tell about his adventures and have the twins share some of theirs.
KAT15 chapter 3 . 2/10/2005
love this i cant wait to see more.
wolflovercf7 chapter 3 . 2/9/2005
That's it? I waited for 3 days and that's it? Man oh man do you know how to put a person into suspense
HarryEstel chapter 3 . 2/9/2005
Poor Estel! He's really having a rough time of it. Thank goodness for his family! Loved the Chapter! Can't wait to see more!
falasiel chapter 2 . 2/7/2005
Well written from a stylistic standpoint - which is nothing to sneeze at, since so much fanfic is riddled with awful syntax, misspelling and just plain bad Engish that it's actually hard to read! Can you fill us in concerning why Aragorn wou
grumpy chapter 2 . 2/5/2005
Well at least Estel made it back to home and to his family. Maybe now he can have a rest and Elrond can heal him.
Drylith chapter 2 . 2/5/2005
More please! I love stories of Estel before the Fellowship was formed and am adding you to my list of favourite authors
Estel-Ara chapter 2 . 2/4/2005
I like your story and now I must say that I will wait for the new chapter... Update soon!

P.S. If you want to let also the anonymus readers to review your story go to your profil, on Settings...
HarryEstel chapter 2 . 2/4/2005
Oh! Poor Estel! Those injuries don't sound like any fun at all. Ouchie! Loved it! I can't wait for more!
Kathira chapter 1 . 2/1/2005
A very good start, well-written. I especially like the slow revealing of the extent and cause of Aragorn's injuries. Well done.I look forward to reading more of the story.
HarryEstel chapter 1 . 1/31/2005
Oh, I really like this! Please tell me that there's more? I want to see the reunion between father and son! Please update very soon!
44 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3