Reviews for Not a Very British War
rangerbagel chapter 1 . 11/15/2015
Looks like I completely missed that episode when the nurse "hugged the stuffing" out of our chaplain. Many apologies for criticizing your use of "Johnny." I take it back completely.
rangerbagel chapter 12 . 11/11/2015
I guess I take back my bit about John/Francis, it being technically his name. It just keeps striking me as weird.
rangerbagel chapter 4 . 11/11/2015
Not sure why you changed Malcahy's name to John. It's a bit confusing given the previous presence of Trapper John. I suggest you change it back to Francis. Otherwise, this is a very cute story.
cmee57 chapter 13 . 11/13/2012
Amazing story!
charley.vandra chapter 13 . 10/25/2012
What a dirty little trick you played. I really was enjoying the happy ending, then bam! Its a daydream. Darn you. . .

But overall-I was completely in love with your story. I couldn't stop reading. And thank you for sharing it.
bloodredcherry chapter 8 . 5/17/2010
What episode is that quote from if you don't mind me asking?

You know, I was a bit tentative to read this story but I must say that I am impressed. It's not all fluff without substance (although, I do enjoy those stories as well) but you write so well and it's believable. You go deeper than the surface, which is a refreshing change.
bloodredcherry chapter 4 . 5/17/2010
Either my reviews aren't going through, or I am dreaming of fanfiction as I could have sworn I already reviewed this story... ANYWAY! I am really enjoying this story Father Mulcahy was always one of my favourite characters and I am really looking forward to the next chapters!
bloodredcherry chapter 2 . 5/17/2010
This story has been very entertaining so far! I am really looking forward to the rest.
Marissa chapter 13 . 7/13/2009
That was without a doubt, the best story I've ever read on here.
Roobarb chapter 2 . 6/13/2008
Heya! Don't really get what you mean by misusing the word tannoy? I suppose because I'm British then that's what i call it. The third person narrative means it's my voice that's talking. I would assume you mean it's too British?
unsubscribe chapter 13 . 4/7/2008
Wow! That was really good. I loved the ending. I'm glad she left b/c it was the right thing to do. I'm Catholic and reading this was interesting to say the least. I was uncertain where it was going, but I enjoyed where it went. I especially loved the use of the Jesuit motto:"Ad Maiorem Dei Gloriam." That's my school's motto and I sometimes forget to take it to heart and realize that we only have so long to live on this earth and we'll be held accountable at the end of our days. Thanks for this great story. Really gives you something to think about.
Shiroiyuki3 chapter 1 . 3/24/2008
I've just begun your story and enjoy it a lot so far! Sally seems to be starting out well as a character, and I can imagine her accent by the way she speaks. That's very hard to accomplish in stories, you do it well.

I wanted to point out that you've used a few British words/phrases within the context that don't seem to fit, 'Tannoy' being the most noticeable. It tipped me straight off _. Nothing glaring, but someone who is familiar can spot such things. I thought I'd point it out to you.

It's a fun read so I wouldn't worry about it at all though. I'm so glad to see another Mulcahy-centric fiction - and a romance at that! They are so rare (which is a shame, really). I can't wait to read more!
morbidmanda13 chapter 13 . 8/3/2007
oh my god. That story was so beautiful. It's the only fanfiction that has ever made me cry.

I'm going to read the sequel now, i do hope it ends well for both of them.
ohdrey89 chapter 13 . 7/19/2007
let me just say wow! i loved this after reading all 13 chapters! i'd jsut stumbled across your fic after wishing that mulcahy would find someone while watching my favorite episode where he almost gets someone but puts his otherwordl relationship first... YOU MADE ME CRY! i hardly ever cry at fanfics but yours did it was that fantastic! I LOVE IT! and thank you! i hope to hear more about it! but pop its over *tear* o boy i'm gonna be thinking about that the rest of forever *sigh* this was really good i give you two VERY teary thumbs up!
Zeng Xiao Long Sunstar Crystal chapter 13 . 2/10/2007
This was a really great fic, especially since it was about everyone fav priest. Please write about what happens next, that would be a brilliant way to tie this together. Hope to catch your next installment soon.
52 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »