Reviews for Soaring
YingLovatic025 chapter 11 . 5/13
Talim's my fave! This fanfic is so very intense and very interesting!
Sacharja chapter 11 . 8/19/2005
Again very short. What do I have to add here?

I still hope you have a little plan for plot hidden in your bag :P.

I would like to see a little more progress in the story and well... I think I just have to wait until your next chapter to bring something like constructive criticism without repeating myself.
HALCALI chapter 10 . 7/16/2005
LOL another update? Wow, you're fast! XD I can't believe Kilik *whacks him* he entered her in the tournament without her permission!

LOL more more more O~ rofl ;; will seung mina be making an appearance too?
Sacharja chapter 10 . 7/16/2005
Okay, minor content, minor review. I really think, you could have done more with this chapter. There happens nearly nothing apart from Talim going to the tourney. And the story of the goddess kinda... changed? It seems not as serious and mysterious as before, must say, dont like this change.

So, to dont shatter your confidence fully, I like your story although the content of this site (not quantity) is merely enough for a half chapter.

Well, lets see what comes next.
Sacharja chapter 9 . 7/15/2005
Dum-dee-dum, oh next chapter.

Hm.. atmosphere was a bit better in the last chapters, but I think that depends on the scenes. And if you didnt get it, you have now the chance to build the plot. Use Kilik to give Talim an idea of what she is really going to fight, create fears, conflicts, etc. And then you could give her a partner on her journey (nah... optional, your turn). Or maybe leave her alone, that would underline the dramatic atmosphere. Kilik and she could meet again later. At least at the showdown in europe (where else). The important point is to show Talim (and the reader) the universe around soul edge. Therefore create a net of events and persons to give Talim the final conclusion, WHAT soul edge is, WHAT soul edge wants and WHY she has to fight it. Perfectly for this is the past story told by Kilik and other chars (again your ideas).

I hope this would give you an idea how to work on the plot. If not, so what? Your story is entertaining nevertheless.

For the upcoming chars and the researches. Be careful with your sources. Use either the original stories of the chars or ask people who really really know about soul calibur - me for example, no sigi-fangirls etc.

Thats it. For this chapter. More character interaction, good. Style, could be improved, but also good. Plot, lets see what you are doing next chapters.

All-in-all:Good

Keep up the good and maybe improve it. Cya next chap.
Sacharja chapter 8 . 7/14/2005
Woah, fast update!

For writing over 10stories at the same time your update comes as fast as hell.

Well, to the story. Again, discription very well and full of atmosphere. And sorry if you misunderstood my last review. I didnt ment action in the literal meaning of the term, but content. It is good as it is either, just an idea.

And for the raphael thing. He is not insane in comparison to.. lets say a psychopathic. His is the sort of insanity that is like a possession. Becoming totally focused on one goal, being sure to achieve it and loosing reality on the way - seeing no stone on the way to it. See, thats Raphs insanity and its only one half of his personality. The other one.. well if you played the game you know how he is...

Although there were already 3 "meetings" with other characters, they seem rather casual. Well, lets see whats going to come up in the next chapters. At least, this is your story. And its a good one. Just work on the plot, it seems a bit, well, episodic.

Thats it for this chapter. Cya next time.
HALCALI chapter 8 . 7/13/2005
this is a really good fic! please continue it's very realisic. I love the way you portrayed Talim.
fireteamtorch chapter 8 . 7/13/2005
Y'know, I think yours was the first fic I've read that doesn't have Talim in the peaceful, innocent ingenue position. It gives your fic a certain flair that makes it stand out from the rest. Keep it up!
Sacharja chapter 7 . 7/13/2005
Ah well done. I like this story, though there could be far more action in one chapter, you know. Grammar mistakes are not disturbing me that much and I think you describe the situations kinda good.

So this is none of those trashy Talim/Link-Romantics, I must state you make me liking Talim much more. Very very very well characterized. The thoughts, emotions and the conflict with her past believe in the wind goddess. This makes up a very interesting aspect of your story. Keep it up. For re-reviews of your earlier chapters: You are right in not describing Raphael as evil, because he is not, but he is insane, keep that in mind - and arrogant and selfish just like Yunsung.

And one more thing. It would be just more effective if you are writing max. 2 fics at the same time, because a author must focus and live in the world of his story to keep the atmosphere.

Okay, first review, next will come with next chapter. Improve your style a bit and be a more confident with yourself and you will be just a good author.
fireteamtorch chapter 7 . 7/12/2005
Very interesting (in a good way) interaction between Talim & Yunsung; quite a change from all the romance fics out there. Keep it up!
irgendwoirgendwer chapter 6 . 6/5/2005
*finally has an account with which to review*

"foudn herself cocking an eyebrw at him in slight disbelieve"

Do you ever reread this stuff before posting? *grin*

I only finished reading this one last week - I've got a hard copy in my room now, lol. I need to go reread the other two, haven't read them for a while...

After reading this, I begin to understand why you couldn't stand having her in pink. :D

Wonderful writing, as usual.

Ellie
keigojin chapter 5 . 3/30/2005
Wow, I actually started reading this story awhile back and I just found it again and it's taken an interesting turn. First of all Talim kicking butt is totally awesome, Talim with a backbone is absolutely brilliant and Talim and Yun Sung is a definite positive, my fave pairing and even if you don't have them getting together I'll continue reading anyway because it's interesting to see how they interact. Keep up the good work, this has been added to my favourites. Update soon please
Veronica The Mischievous chapter 5 . 3/28/2005
VTM: Yet another awesome chapter! Excellent job! (Yay! No evil Raphael!) If you're having problems with the plot, maybe you could send me an E-mail and I could help out a little if you'd like...Anyway, enough of my babble, keep up the great work, can't wait to read more! See ya!
Veronica The Mischievous chapter 4 . 3/21/2005
Exellent update, this fic is just getting better and better. I can't wait to see what happens next, keep up the great work! Hope you update soon!
animefan113 chapter 2 . 3/13/2005
I love your story! your such a good writer i tried to write a fanfic but it sucked ' but any ways i really like your story!

-kim aka saiko