Reviews for Was a Heroine, Is a Damsel
Gray Nameless chapter 15 . 5/17/2006
You're very welcome, it's really all my pleasure. Not many authors are this open to their readers. That's great for you, especially as an author. Aww, I've found a friend in you too. Thank you for that! _

Haha, yes indeed, James can be a big butthole, but somehow you've shown him more human in this chapter than ever. Yes, superheroes are people just like us, and it's great that you can write them in that way, in a way that lets the reader relate and connect to what the characters are going through. This chapter was probably the most emotional chapter with Vesper and Garfield (aka BB and Rae), the arguement, the passion, and the "beast" moment had me on the edge of my seat, and the confessions of "I love you's" were truly touching.

I love the reference to the "beast" in Gar's conversation with James in the previous chapter, and the way you wrote them making love. It was not overdone in detail, yet you knew what they were doing and it was just as romantic as any other one chapter lemon. Hehe, don't worry *is very proud of you,* _ And at least you've touched many with this intimate chapter.

Every detail, every paragraph, the beggining, and the ending line were done very well and beautifully.

I have to thank you just as much. You're very inspiring, and yes it's so much fun, to both read your story and chat with the writer.

I'm sad that Gar will be going back to CA :( but I know that it will be alright somehow in the end, and I can't wait for an update! _ You ice my cream!

On the side, "Urg…I dislike the way some people portray Starfire. She’s not stupid! Granted, she may not be on the top of my list, but I give her props for being so true to herself."

I agree! I hate it when Starfire is portrayed as incredibly dumb in stories. "Robin, what is this XXYY?" She may be new to Earth, but she knows enough about it to get around. And people tend to forget that she has a warrior side to her too, though I love how that contradicts her sweetness and optimism. Starfire has tons of potential as a character, and she didn't even get her own season. _ I just hope fanfics do her more justice.
fernnu chapter 15 . 5/15/2006
Hello once again,

First, before my lengthy, expected review, i must comment on your response. Too kind? Perhaps. I have had the closest people in my life constantly repeat such a statment [or simmilar variations] to which i simply reply "Someone's got to be, just to throw everyone else off and be the one constant thing in someone's life." I dont know if that accurately describes it, but it is the only answer i could ever give. It is who i am and a part of my fundemental identity. And i must agree that life does indeed seem to "throw the curveball" when you least expect it, and always at the worst possible time. Writing seems to be ever-repressed and demoted to the bottom of the lengthy "List of Things Needed to be Done" in our lives. I very much appreciate the offer to talk, and must admit that i have a confession. At some point, somehow...i stumbled across your xanga profile. Before the obvious [STALKER] words spread through your mind, allow me to continue. I do not recall how i came there, but most likely it was durring a night of insomnia, where i was up late, idly internet-surfing. Is it strange to say you intrigue me? If the promise to talk is still viable, i would very much love to have a conversation with you, at your conveiniance and with your total willing acceptance, of course. Hopefully such a revelation does not deter you from enjoying my honest and truthful responses. If it has at all, or has "creeped you out" for lack of a better term, just do not comment on this review in your next chapter and i will allow you to continue without ever hearing any mention from these idle, typing hands. Also i must express my absolute love for Eddie Izzard, and have yet to find anyone able to quote him accurately...until now, it seems.

I am glad to report that every angle you portray is readily picked up by the reader and the story constantly gets better with each chapter. The belief in layers was once a belief that i too shared, but i must confess to having become bitter in my experiances with the vast majority of people. Though life is never black and white, many actions have reprecussions that can not be justified with "layers". Please escuse the cynasism, it cant be helped...

Women do love gentlemen, but many times never act on them [or at least not in my experiances] i am glad that Gar finally lucked out; which brings us to the actual review...

As usual, such eloquence has yet to be matched. The words, the symbols, the story; they all weave together in an intricate web of amazing storytelling. I am so glad you added the impromptu beast segment into the chapter, which took away the clicheed love scene that has been all too overdone on And yet, you stayed true to the hopless romantics reading your story by giving them an accurate taste of just how powerful love can be and what it can accomplish. Only the words "Bravo" and "Excellent" come to mind.

I do believe this ends my review. Please forgive my ramblings, i hope they find you well. Thank you for your kind words and for yet another great chapter and response. I apologize for the long novella i seem to have written.

good writing,

Fern_nu

barry
DarkElf6 chapter 15 . 5/14/2006
ACK! I'm so sorry, I meant to review earlier. ; 24 hours is not enough time in the day...

I loved this chapter. YAY, Raven and BB are finally together. Aww, sweet stuff! _

It seems that James is in way over his head. I can't wait to see what happens next!

LOVEYOU!
ckelliott chapter 15 . 5/13/2006
Yes, the ring of TT.

i love this ring.

and i love this story.

and i loved when they...

"Made love"

that was sexy.

PLEASE update.

-Kamura
jimmyhere chapter 15 . 5/13/2006
Pure brilliance. Genius. Now I feel like my writing sucks. Damn. Thanks a lot for my insecurities.

Goddamn I hate you. But I love you because you updated. Update again. I'm gonna go off and curse some more.
msdarling chapter 15 . 5/13/2006
hehehehe

i was right dances

so is her curse broken and she can feel now?

it was really good
Nightmrae chapter 15 . 5/13/2006
HAHA IT LIVES! AH THE MENTAL SCARRING! oh well nto as bad as a K rated fic I read once... AH SO MUCH MEBTAL SCARRING! BUT REALLY GOOD BUT THE SCARRING! BUT GOOD! and i appreciate you calling me sir. I am sorry but I wear boys cloths and well, i am not girly at all, please don't take anything i said personaly, oh and please read S's story. thanx

Nightmare
darkbird101 chapter 3 . 5/13/2006
rick or richard is cool im used to richard though and vesper is cool too,and this chapter also rocked!sorry im late on reading your really awesome story!
darkbird101 chapter 2 . 5/13/2006
good job!i really liked it!though i like it when bb and rae are already married when everyone else is but its your story not mine!
darkbird101 chapter 1 . 5/13/2006
very good im a little confused though is james beastboy or robin?i hope not but you never know and raven's real name is rachel for your 411 but vesper is cool
Gray Nameless chapter 14 . 5/5/2006
Aww thanks, and don't worry about it! I applaud you for being so committed, and hope you're doing okay in life. This chapter was great for your "comeback." It's amazing how you can be so busy and yet your story is not rushed nor dragging. Your writing style is really very promising.

Really exciting! I wonder what James did. I love the insights, and how you portrayed the characters, as always. We get to see how Raven is much more fragile than she lets on and how much Gar has grown. I also love how things are going with Gar and Rae's relationship, the progress is very sweet and realistic. Plus, we sill get a good mix of Kori, Dick, Bee, Cy, and in this chapter, Roy. I can't wait for the next chapter, the last line left me hanging there. It's great to have you back, and updating.

Take care always! :) You milk my mango shake!
Shadow and Nightmare chapter 14 . 5/1/2006
HIUi i lked the new chapie... plez search for y pen name, im gonna be posting sumthin soon... but i am changing m\name to SHADOW IN THE RAIN, so look under that.

ciao!

sorry it has been taking so long to review. Oh but I have something to say... HOW DARE YOU CALL ME "GIRLY!" AND "BABE"! I AM SO MAD AT YOU FOR DOING THAT! I AM THE FARTHEST THING FROM ACTING LIKE A GIRL! I AM SCARRED OF PINK HATE DRESSES AND SKIRTS! MAKEUP IS ONE OF MY WORST ENIMIES! BEING 13 IS LIKE A DEATH DATE FOR ME! GOT IT! But i really liked your story chapter. It was awsome! I can't wait for the next update! i is so excited!
Kawaii Kabu chapter 14 . 5/1/2006
wow u can write great stories and fly! Kewl!

ive bin 2 nyc too, isnt it kewl?

suggestion: never go in the winter, its freezing, ure face like, turns into icecles or sumfin!

-tomboy girlie
fernnu chapter 14 . 4/30/2006
Well hello there once again,

Ah well, greetings are in order, welcome back. I am sorry to hear that you have been having a rough time inbetween chapters. I too, understand the hectic stress that comes between creativity and the writing process. Its one thing to keep your deadline, it's a complete other matter to keep the updates well-written, thought out, and passionate, as you have done so far. If you were to check on my story's progress, then you would find that i am ashamed by my lack of writing. The reasoning for my lack of inspiration is largely due to an absense of good...just about anything. Life seems to have sent me a few curve balls, and as such, i have struck out-losing my passion in writing [as of late]. Being a writer means being subject to one's personal emotions and the sorrow/uninspiration is so great that it dampens my efforts to complete an update. If your issues were anyway close to my own, then i can fully understand the lack of updates and would never hold it against you. As such, i doubt very much that any loyal, true reader, would do so as well.

Excuse my ramblings, for it seems we have, once again, fallen into gentle routine. On to the actual review.

Honestly, this chapter through me off. The hiatus of recent updates caused me to [shamefully] forget this story in the tumult of everyday life. When the update email arrived, i was surprised and reminded. After reading the first paragraph unsuccesfully, i back tracked a few chapters to immerse myself back into your wonderfully written world. Once i had the appropriate background situated, i began again. This latest installment is a short and sweet add-on to your masterpiece. Your ability with increasing any reader's complete distaste for some characters and absolute addoration in others, is amazing. The bar scene, Jame's falsity, Gar's suspicion and Jame's deciet are all painted perfectly. All characterizations were accentuated with realistic and consistent, true-to-form descriptions, and the incorporation of Jame's dark humor and introduction of Roy to Oregon all bring an airy feel that counter balances the disdain felt for James.

Speaking of which, though you used his last remark "you beast" as an obvious reference to Gar's teen days as Beast boy; you furthered my dislike for James, by using that terminology. The reasoning behind this is that a particular person who is the most chauvonistic, degrading, abusive and particularly nasty person i have ever had the displeasure to know, frequently uses the phrase "you beast" when speaking with ladies he tries [and sometimes succeeds in] getting together with. I find that he and James have many simmilarities and though this is purely cooincidental, i still must applaud how fate works to connect me with your piece of writing, once more. Job well done!

All else in your story, as usual, is up to, and above par.

Now, i shall release you from the bondage of reading through this particularly long, and winded review. Hopefully it finds you in good health, good humor, good graces, and good inspiration. May you update soon and find the passion needed for more amazing chapters. Though you made a commitment, being a writer means being human, and as such, you are at the mercy of everyday life and delays. Perhaps your chapter will help spark my recent inabilities.

As alaways, Good woork, Good Writing,

Fern_nu

barry

P.s. i do believe i recieved your PM but perhaps my response failed to be succesfully delivered. As you remarked, Computers these days...
BooYah'sTheWord chapter 14 . 4/30/2006
!

I LOVE your story so far! You have all the right couples...*sigh* excelent. Do you like Speedy? If you do, that's so great! Fanfics with him that don't have him gay or a total arse are hard to find. I luvses Speedy! Great work! Pleze update soon! Peace out!
172 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »