Reviews for Even Fat Ladies Have Feelings
MuggleCreator chapter 1 . 12/21/2012
Awww. Sweet.
CSebastiene chapter 1 . 7/12/2007
Cecelle,

I must say I've been rather enchanted by your stories thus far. I love your writing style. I've read about four stories of yours just now and have been impressed with each and every one. I've always wondered about "The Fat Lady," and I think it's lovely that you wrote her as a real person, a woman who attended Hogwarts as a child and was later painted as a portrait to guard Gryffindor Tower. The end was very sweet. Thank you for sharing this with us readers.

C. Sebastiene (Seba)
Ssergit chapter 1 . 6/2/2007
This was very charming, thank you for writing it!
InkandPaper chapter 1 . 11/3/2006
(I meant to read some of your fics yesterday after the PM about the pic but I got distracted!)

Well, firstly I thought this was extremely original. I suppose there are probably quite a lot of Fat Lady fics out there, considering the sheer number of HP fics but it is certainly unusual, which is always a plus.

I have always felt sorry for the Fat Lady. She gets such a harsh deal! Students are rude to her, wake her up in the middle of the night (Though, mind, that's usually only when Harry's in school) don't consider her feelings..! Aww... and with this short fic you really gave her a good personality. You know I could HEAR her speaking as I read this. Never have before, but you managed to give her a real 'voice'. I heard it as a very posh, old-fashioned, slightly matronly voice.

And I liked the idea that she was once a student, too. I'm not so sure about the Snape thing - Snape giving her cause to think he fancied her? Mhm...I dunno. I think the whole leaning forward conspiratorally and whispering her secret was cute, and worked - but not with Snape, somehow. Just my opinion.

And the ending was just sweet, I really liked it. That little girl - she only speaks two sentences but somehow that really works well.

The whole piece was very well written and easy to read, which I always love. I noticed one grammatical error:

"You just sit down on the floor and wait, and hopefully someone will come along presently" - you can't use 'hopefully' like that. Hopefully means, 'in a hopeful manner'. You could write it like "...wait, and let's hope someone..." or just, "...wait, and perhaps someone..."

Anyway that's just me being stupidly picky, sure you were very happy to see me point that out, ha. Good work! I certainly plan to read more of your work soon.
Rabasta chapter 1 . 7/28/2006
Herzallerliebst, diese Geschichte. Sie gefällt mir sehr gut, sie hat etwas besonderes. Ich denke, kaum einer setzt sich wirklich mit der Geschichte der Fetten Dame auseinander, deswegen ist es mal was anderes etwas über sie zu lesen.

Ihre Art hast du wirklich sehr schön getroffen, dieses teilweise etwas mütterliche und trotzdem launische. Es war sehr amüsant, wie sie sich über ihren Job aufgeregt hat und über diese Schüler, die dauernd herummosern. Auch der "liebestolle Severus" war äußerst originell.

Insgesamt bin ich begeistert, mir gefällt der Schreibstil sehr gut, die Idee ist toll und die Fette Dame ist genial beschrieben.

Liebe Grüße,

Andra
Bagge chapter 1 . 6/2/2006
Ah! Nice to get a reminder that Gertruda isn't just a talking door - she is a person (or at lest; the memory of a person). Fun little piece that puts attention to yet one of the details that make the wizarding world so different to the muggle one.
ScM15 chapter 1 . 3/8/2006
I can just picture someone like Sirius or James calling her 'Gertie'. Perhaps Tonks or Mundungus, too, though we don't know if either were Gryffindor.
WeAreBob chapter 1 . 3/2/2006
Love it! That *is* the fat lady! V. Good.
Possum132 chapter 1 . 2/3/2006
Very nice! Some more fics about the portraits would be great - I'm sure they get about a great deal and nothing happens at Hogwarts without them knowing about it.
Rae Roberts chapter 1 . 10/16/2005
Adorable story! I've always thought it so unkind that they call her "The Fat Lady".

(I've been re-reading your short stories that I've reviewed before... I always enjoy them.)
tall oaks chapter 1 . 10/8/2005
Poor Severus. Always misunderstood by the world.

This was a very interesting idea of whom the Fat Lady was once. The young girl was very sweet and wise to remember her name.
Pickledishkiller chapter 1 . 9/23/2005
Aw... now I'll think of her whenever I read the books ) YAY!
TeenTypist chapter 1 . 8/11/2005
Aw!

Sweet and well done. I loved it. :D
Dogedoos chapter 1 . 6/20/2005
aw, I loved your portrail of the fat lady, sorry, Gertruda. It was very original, and all I can say, is that is was a GREAT story.
Diminished Seventh chapter 1 . 5/21/2005
Such a cute story :-) I liked the Snape reference and that she replaced a not-very-subtle griffin!