Reviews for A Letter from Screwtape to Mr. Holland Manners
Nikara chapter 1 . 11/11/2004
That was amazing. It really did feel as though it was written by Lewis, but it applied perfectly to Angel. That was a very convinving piece of work!
Shadowfax chapter 1 . 11/8/2004
Beautiful. And so very fitting. ]
Samus chapter 1 . 10/5/2004
Wow, this was really good. Screwtape Letters is one of my favorite Lewis books, and I think you captured the tone of it well. It's a very cool sort of seeing things from a different perspective. I like it a lot. I'm putting it on my favorite stories list. :-)
Sierradragon chapter 1 . 3/19/2004
I am crazy about the Screwtape books and I found your story an excellent addition to them!
Fallowdoe chapter 1 . 3/15/2004
Brilliant! What a wonderful combination of two artistic universes so dear to my heart! You captured Screwtape's voice perfectly, and he fits so well into the W&H concept, the whole thing was seamless. Thanks so much for sharing!
FreeWrite chapter 1 . 3/14/2004
Absolutely brilliant Fic. You've captured the essence of CS Lewis in The Screwtape letters (although I did prefer Screwtape proposes a toast). It's not often that you actually find a mention of a writer of CS Lewis' caliber. Keep the great writing up.
Leanne8582 chapter 1 . 2/13/2004
Absolutely brilliant. Exactly the cool and logical way W&H would view evil. And it's the perfect intro to the events of "Ephiphany." Great job.
Finn Mac Cool chapter 1 . 8/26/2002
This is great. I ahve yet to see anything of Angel seasons 1-2 outside of episode summaries, but this fits quite well with what I've heard. Of course Screwtape would be one of the advisors of Wolfram and Hart (if not a Senior Partner). If all your fics are this good, I may wear out the review button on my computer screen.
paratti chapter 1 . 7/17/2002
Great letter, love the concept and the execution. Wonderful stuff
Roses chapter 1 . 6/9/2002
Amazing. Just amazing. I love C.S. Lewis and even though I have not read "The Screwtape Letters" I loved the story.
LizBee chapter 1 . 5/30/2002
Oh, that was *magnificent*. Perfectly captures the tone of the Screwtape Letters, and nicely merges that universe with AtS. Oh, and I loved the offhand reference to the Mayor - yeah, he would have been a big man in the Infernal Realms. Really, really lovely. Room for a sequel, too: Screwtape running the W&H executive training camps, for one thing. (I am reminded of the training camps in "Good Omens" by Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman, but then, I'm a little twisted.)

Anyway, I really liked it. Thanks.
alex9 chapter 1 . 4/12/2002
Very good- iwas begining to think i was the only person on the planet to read the bloody book! Writian very much in keeping with the style of the origonal, like it very very much.

alex
Lakrids chapter 1 . 3/28/2002
Very original and intelligent written, it made want to read the The Screwtape Letters
Meltha chapter 1 . 1/31/2002
Oh, my! What a great piece of work! And the idea of having Holland ask Screwtape for advice was inspired (loved the reference to Mayor Wilkins, too). The idea of each moment as the battle also reflects Angel's eventual ephiphany that "the smallest act of kindness is the greatest thing there is" beautifully. A highly enjoyable read.
Teleri chapter 1 . 9/16/2001