Reviews for A Letter from Screwtape to Mr. Holland Manners
saintlyraven chapter 1 . 9/14/2001
"P.S. Do keep this letter under lock and key. I cannot begin to tell you the difficulties I was thrown into when that pestilential Lewis fellow went and published another correspondence of mine." LOL :)

You're incredibly good.
monkeycrackmary chapter 1 . 8/22/2001
This is one of the cleverest, creepiest, and blackly funniest fanfics I've ever read... give yourself a strawberry as a present for such good work.
Lydia chapter 1 . 7/4/2001
This fic is hysterical! You really capture the essance of what makes Wolfram and Hart so evil...I really liked how you mentioned Richard Willkens and dear old Wormwood.
Jonquil chapter 1 . 6/12/2001
Brilliant blend of the two genres. You have Screwtape's voice pegged. Brava.
Gyrus chapter 1 . 5/3/2001
I don't know what to say. That was utterly brilliant. It's been a long time since I read THE SCREWTAPE LETTERS, but this piece matches my memories of it perfectly, both in terms of its style and its message. I can't think of a more perfect crossover. Screwtape's point of view on despair, happiness, smugness, and love is presented with perfect logic and clarity, and very appropriate for application to ANGEL. My hat is off.
Mariner chapter 1 . 3/17/2001
Very nice. You captured the narrative tone of "The Screwtape Letters" convincingly, and you take on W&H's motives regarding Angel fit well both with canon and with Lewis' philosphy. This is a clever and entertaining crossover - something I don't see too often.
Ithica chapter 1 . 3/13/2001
Oh my.

*five-minute gigglefit*

Wheww...what an excellent idea you had. I have read the "Screwtape Letters," and you have managed to perfectly capture the devil's essence. The tone, the characterization, everything in it was remarkably similar to the original book. I agree with Kirayoshi, somewhere CS Lewis is reading this and smiling.
evan como chapter 1 . 3/10/2001
Loved the language in this piece that even made me laugh in a couple of spots. Clever idea and wonderful execution. I'll put The Screwtape Letters on my list of must-reads.
Kirayoshi chapter 1 . 3/10/2001
My compliments! A thoroughly entertaining and insightful look at our favorite vampire, and a great homage to one of the great lay theologians of our time. I'm sure that somewhere in Heaven, C. S. Lewis is smiling.
Yahtzee chapter 1 . 3/9/2001
Ingenious crossover, HonorH! Very good idea, very nicely executed. I wouldn't mind seeing you add some chapters to this over time.
MattyMatt chapter 1 . 3/9/2001
Wonderful! Wonderful! A good mastering of Lewis' understated style in the original Svrewtape Letters with some nice references thrown in from them (the inability of Hell to manufacture happiness, redemption, Wormwood and even the lock and key remark!) nicely mixed with our Angel's position and predicaments. I feel it can be understoood by any Angel fan... but if you know C.S. Lewis its an absolute delight.
Zekkers chapter 1 . 3/9/2001
Brilliant! I loved it. Now, I know I'm sounding like a bad movie reviewer, but really- thanks for writting this, it was great to read.
jdm chapter 1 . 3/8/2001
Excellent! I really liked this one. Thinking about making a series of them?
43 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3