Reviews for Charmed
Born in 20th Century chapter 1 . 12/10/2015
Thanks for sharing this, I feel so sad for Anne and Gilbert :'(
ksuzu chapter 1 . 7/29/2013
Gorgeous turn of phrase. Some of the best I've seen. I could (will) read this again and again, so I am saving it. :)
fiesa chapter 1 . 5/6/2012
I haven't read too many Anne stories, but this one is by far my favorite.

It is perfect. From the beginning (the slate - correction: the smile) to the end, even though it is sad and melancholic.

I love the way you built it up, in all those little paragraphs and thoughts or dialogues.

I love the way it is written both from Gilbert's and from Anne's perspectives.

I love the way Anne leaves behind Lady Cordelia, and how Gilbert thinks all the compliments mean nothing if they aren't from Anne herself.

I love the way Anne describes her love for Gilbert. How much she loves him and how he made her love him. I love their dialogue in the middle part, and how it shows their love and happiness.

I love the way Anne's slate stands for her surrender, how with her slate going down Anne has surrendered, completely and utterly.

I love the part in which Anne listens to Jem and Faith from outside her body, as if it has nothing to do with her, and how her only thoughts are for Gilbert.

I love the ending. It is sad and perfect and wonderful. A Great Love. The words you found to describe both Anne and Gilbert are beautiful, and reading was a true pleasure.

Thank you for sharing this story.
s. du jour chapter 1 . 7/6/2010
This was a sweet sad fic.
she replied chapter 1 . 6/20/2009
So beautiful, so sad, and so romantic.

It's not L M Montgomery-ish, but I loved it.

I know this is 2009, but just wanted to write how much it touched my heart.
Bethers chapter 1 . 6/13/2006
I like the idea of it. However, it seems a bit choppy, and I was confused on what was going on at the very beginning. My suggestion would be to use words to transition instead of the Os and &s. For example, you can have something that she hears. And then say something like, "But she wasn't paying attention to them. She didn't want to. Not right now. She wanted to be alone with her thoughts and memories. It seemed so long ago that she had broken that slate over his head. What a fool she had been in those days. She had been so horrid to him in those days, but he had kept on loving her." I don't know, something like that. And I also would suggest using flashbacks, and not just tell anything. You have some in there (like in the conversation Anne and Gil have when he says he's going to die). I'd like to see more of that style throughout the story.

I really like what you have started, and I think that once you iron out its wrinkles you will have a beautiful fanfic. You just need to expand more. Try to make it a full blown-out novel. Maybe that's not the point of a fanfic, but I think it would do this one justice.
lotesseflower chapter 1 . 5/21/2006
Beautiful. I can see the idea you wanted to catch, understand it through the words. Words never quite do what we want, but your story shines through them. Absolutely lovely. Oh, Anne.
claudia chapter 1 . 4/25/2006
That was really beautifull. if i could write like that I know I'D be satisafied! More than satisfied, acctually!
Linnath chapter 1 . 8/8/2005
I'm crying! This is beautiful in it's simplicity. And, like Marilla, you tacked a moral on the end. A beautiful, awesome moral. I love you for that!

~Linnath
Perilous chapter 1 . 6/13/2005
That's bittersweet and wonderful. Thank you for writing this.
xanya-forever chapter 1 . 4/3/2005
This was wonderful. Sad, but still a really good fic. My only complaint was that maybe it should have been longer! Still, I think it captured their love and their lives together. Do you think you could write more? Heh, I'm always looking for more of fics that I like. not necessarily more of this fic, but of this pairing. Great work!
ellimere chapter 1 . 3/17/2005
good try. try to write something longer with more story. a good read.
Nichole Thompson chapter 1 . 2/27/2005
This is so amazingly written! So sad and yet hopeful at the same time. You have an amazing talent.
EyesofPearl chapter 1 . 2/11/2005
That was simply beautiful. In about a thousand words, you have captured their love and life and death. It was almost bittersweet when I reached the end. Good job!
Miri chapter 1 . 2/6/2005
wow. i totally didn't expect it to be about Gilbert's death.

i think you did catch onto the essence of anne and gilbert's love... anne's illusions have always been for greatness and gallantry, Gilbert's always for fighting.

i wonder if this fic could use more of the incidents that marked their relationship, though. like gilbert dying of pneumonia and anne's emotional vigil at the end of Anne of the Island. little joy's death - shared sorrows, walter's death? christine stuart's mockery? anne is so idealistic in the fic - at first i thought she was 11 years old anne from green gables, then i thought she could be no more than the school ma'am in avonlea. i do believe anne and gilbert must have kept up that jest and youthfulness throughout their relationship, that anne must have been sweet and idealistic to the end of her life, but mightn't there be a mellow light of wisdom shining through her thoughts, too?

i hope that wasn't too high-falutin and made some sense. your fics *do* make me ramble on, my dear, because i assume you know the anne books just as well as i do :b. all-in-all 'tis a lovely one-shot, marzoog-est of marzoog's! :)