Reviews for Second Chances
xRae Asakurax chapter 21 . 9/9/2014
I found your picture on Deviantart of Junker Ratchet, with Jaraxis on his shoulder, like 3 or 4 years ago. It has always been a favorite of mine, but for such a long time I thought it was a kind of nod to Jak and Daxter (because I'm a moron like that). There wasn't a mention of this fic, so it was just an assumption for me.

But now I know where it's from, and I'm so happy you have no idea. I love love LOVE this fic! It's a rollercoaster ride from start to finish, and I adored every second. Thank you for writing this!

Now to read the sequel, though I don't see 'completed' and that makes me a sad bunny. At least there is one!

x
Sailor Pandabear chapter 21 . 1/12/2012
nice
LucasVN chapter 1 . 10/28/2011
Closure is something the G1 movie casualties deserved so badly. This provides it in a atypical, but amazing manner.

I will admit I was initially turned off of this fic twice, first by the description of mythos mixing, and then by the confusion in the first chapter. Eventually, I decided to continue reading. Needless to say, it didn't disappoint.

The way you handled the idea of reincarnation here is amazing. Victims of grave-robbery, returning to their re-purposed shells on a different world, revived by a god who had a mission for them, but who made them unwitting pawns at the same time.

Simply put, a story that was worth reading. There's nothing more to say, but one.

Thank you.
Zea T chapter 21 . 12/28/2010
Wow! What a story. I love the vivid world you've conjured up, and the way you interwove drama with the melancholy of the Autobots' situation. You managed to portray Ratchet, Prowl and the others sympathetically and compassionately, while keeping them in character throughout, and wove an interesting group of original characters together without detracting from the focus on the Autobots. It was interesting to see yet another world brought to its knees through inadvertent, prehistoric Cybertronian meddling - it's difficult to blame the 'bots for landing on worlds which are yet to develop sentient life, but given their long life spans it just seems to be a recipe for disaster. In any case, it made for an interesting parallel to what happened on Earth.

I enjoyed reading this, although I do wonder what awaits the six 'bots if and when they ever make it 'home'. That would be an interesting reunion - and an awful lot of explanation required!

Thanks for sharing a fascinating, well-written and gripping story.
pacificuser chapter 4 . 4/11/2010
Nice!
Juzu chapter 21 . 2/12/2010
This story was great! It was really well written. I really like the idea of this story. Great job!
Patronus Prime chapter 21 . 1/27/2009
Damn, I love this. It does have some general story cliches in the plot, and for some reason they didn't bother me this time. After reading this thing over a span of two days and your sequel (and getting in trouble with my parents) all I can say is, thank you so much for writing this and having my four favorites live again! (Prowl, Ratchet, Ironhide and 'Jack) And you also helped me with my "Ratchet being slightly OCC" syndrome in my fanfics that I had not yet posted. Again, I love this story!
giveGodtheglory chapter 21 . 5/9/2008
random_xtras here. I just wanted to say I'd enjoyed this very much.
Kittona chapter 21 . 3/31/2008
I really enjoyed this. I was glad you didn't kill Jaraxis 'cause I really liked him. awesome job.
Kittona chapter 6 . 3/17/2008
I'm very intrigued. I shall have to read more very soon.
Ghost of the Dawn chapter 21 . 1/23/2008
It took me two days to finish this here at work, but I had fun. It felt a bit rushed at times, but was a good read and a great adventure. And it's great to see some of our bots we thought we'd never see again after the movie. I'm sure there's many of us trying to come up with ways to bring them back or make sure they didn't die at all. I very much enjoyed it and definitely going to look into finding time to read the sequal.
Bluebird Soaring chapter 21 . 1/13/2008
This is an excellent read! So unique in the fandom, and Ratchet centric (love that!) you did an amazing job keeping everyone in character and adding so much more! Very well done )
ArmoredSoul chapter 21 . 1/7/2008
*crying and laughing too hard to comment properly*

I'm s-so HAPPY!

WAH!
ArmoredSoul chapter 20 . 1/7/2008
...

Ratchet...

I miss him.

*hugs medic, crying*
ArmoredSoul chapter 19 . 1/7/2008
Giant shape changing metal beings just going at it with little to no regard to the safety of those around them.

FRAGGING HELL!