Reviews for Angels and Ballerinas
ViXeNsFiRe chapter 9 . 8/20/2005
That was so..(sniff)..sad. I mean I actually have tears in my eyes! Dont get me wrong it was beautifully written...I guess I am too use to happy endings for meg and erik. Oh well. Im glad meg wasnt completly alone in the end.
Riene chapter 9 . 7/24/2005
I ought to have reviewed each chapter as I read, but the allure of the succeeding pages was simply too much and so, here I find myself at the end of your story sans comments!

This was truly enjoyable, a retelling from another POV with enough of a unique twist to avoid repetition-I generally do not care for Meg-Erik pairings. I loved the characterization you gave Meg in this story. Mme Giry's exasperation at the start was something I've wondered about-however did they tolerate Christine's distracted behavior? For once I admit to annoyance that Erik and Christine ended up together, and wonder how that relationship played out in the end.

Those last few lines were a poignant, but realistic, ending. Poor Raoul, poor Meg...I hope they did have some happiness together.

Kudos to you, Midasgirl...this is why you are my favorite FFN author!

~Riene
MouetteHeartsErik chapter 9 . 7/22/2005
So very touching and absolutely heartbreaking-bravo!
runtus maximus chapter 9 . 6/3/2005
I read it all in one sitting (that should speak volumes about how much I love this). I love the way you managed to make Meg happy on the exterior but heartbroken on the inside throughout the entire fanfiction. Wonderful job.
Opera Cloak chapter 9 . 5/27/2005
Oh, wow! This was so, so sad! Poor Meg, and poor Raoul! I feel so sorry for them! I feel almost guilty for wanting Christine and Erik to get together now! Almost, but not quite ;).

This was just so incredibly sad compared to the last chapter of Only Love. And, of course, it's beautifully written. The last line is just heartbreaking!

This was a wonderful story. I don't know what else to say, really.
Lavendar chapter 9 . 5/26/2005
Oh Cat...

Firstly..overdose of cat analogies! That was awesome.

Oh my god though...Christine comes and Erik... I can't believe how strong Erik was, sent her away because he couldn't leave Meg. I loved when he got angry, even though we know he was really just breaking. And Christine is just..oh she doesn't know what to do and just runs away!

And then Meg...send him after her! Shakes him and sends him after her! I almost died...And then Madame Giry comes and Meg just cries :( I cried :(

Meg watches Raoul through the whole wedding...and then I seriously jumped when I saw that he asked her to marry him. Oh dear lord... Rachel...*sniff*

It's so right that it would be painful and awkward to ever see Christine and Erik... It's the way it had to be after all that happened.

And Raoul coming across her dancing...remembering shards of an old life that was torn apart with so little notice...

That was so depressing, but it was the way the story had to end. It never would have worked out for Meg and Erik. I think deep down we all knew that from the beginning. Her love for him was not enough to keep them together. So at least she found someone to care for her... :(

It was lovely, Cat. Brilliantly written and an unfortunate, but fitting ending.
chicketieboo chapter 9 . 5/25/2005
Brilliant. I am totally inlove with your portrayal of Meg and Raoul. It's hard for me to see Raoul giving Christine away at her wedding, but perhaps because I lean towards gaston's Raoul more then anything. It set it up for Meg and Raoul to get together after all. And what a relationship! It makes so much bittersweet sense. I felt my heart being torn at the thought of them forever in apathetic devotion to eachother, martyrs for their true loves.

"And if, like another man she had once cared for, he occasionally spoke another woman’s name in his sleep, she did not mind.

Dreams are for the blissful oblivion of sleep."

One of the most poinant endings I have ever read for any story.

Simply amazing, this was the chapter I've been waiting for, and it was worth the wait. Definately a classic.
SunnyKorin chapter 9 . 5/25/2005
Wow. Not that I wouldn't have loved for Erik and Meg to end up together... but wow. that was wonderfully written. I have goosebumps. Sad goosebumps but goosebumps none the less.
aeipathy chapter 9 . 5/25/2005
I have to say that I am not at all disappointed by this ending, as other readers may be; for as much as I would have loved to see Erik and Meg together in a story that called for such a pairing, this one clearly had other intentions, and I am glad to see them honored. My only objection is that everything was wrapped up so quickly, but nonetheless, you managed to do it with appropriate emotion - the very last lines were so tragically sad to me. Wonderful work, and I hope to see more from you.
Grace Willoughby chapter 9 . 5/25/2005
wow. just wow. now that it's ended, i can completely understand why it ended that way. there's no way either erik or meg could have been happy together.

this is the first fiction where i've truly loathed christine for being so selfish, and erik for being so stupid! however, i love raoul. and i've never seen meg quite like the one you've created.

brava.
unrecognizablesn chapter 9 . 5/24/2005
Poor Meg... (
Mereidia chapter 9 . 5/24/2005
I just discovered this phic and realized what wonderful story I've been missing these last months. I'm sorry to see it ended but I just wanted to let you know that I thought your ending was absolutely brilliant and perfectly fitting to this story. Heaven knows that there are several Raoul-Meg tales out there, but I believe that this is by far the most realistic response to this pairing that I've ever had the privilege to read.

I especially loved how you described their relationship at the end and how they interacted with Christine and Erik; it was exceptionally realistic and while I thought it rather sad that Meg and Raoul lost their hearts in the end, I was very pleased to see how they responded to such a loss. While tragic, it is good to see that they at least were able to have each other in their misery. I confess that I was rather worried for Meg; Raoul could find a suitable wife anywhere thanks to his social position but a ballerina in the 1880's had much more dire prospects, especially if she already had a broken heart.

In a world where almost every author forgets about Erik's faults, it was extremely refreshing to find that he and Christine were forced to forever feel guilty about their treatment of their former partners. I was quite happy to see it and they definitely deserved it in my opinion. Yes, I'm harsh on them (especially Christine) :-D

One more thing before I cease my ramblings...I absolutely adored how you portrayed Meg's personality after Erik left her. I experienced something rather similar years ago and while there is no Raoul in my life to counteract the broken heart, my career took his place. I acted and still act in the same way that Meg did in this (cold, polite, and unmovable) when I was forced to see him again and thought that it was wonderful (and especially rare) that I was able to identify with a phanphic character other than Erik.

Sorry for the rambling, thanks for a great read and I look forward to reading more of your work!
Ally612 chapter 9 . 5/24/2005
Somehow, I knew she would never be happy.

Thank you for writing the most realistic fic on this site.

I'm amazed. Just...

Thank you.

Meg and Raoul are perfect and I hope that Erik and Christine burn in hell. Well, not really, but still. I hope they do.
Olethros chapter 9 . 5/24/2005
Great, just great...you *have* to nearly make me bawl when I'm supposed to be studying for my exams. That was so...gah! Sad, yet sweet, happy, yet not. It is very rare that we get an E/C story from the viewpoint of an outside character, so I think that we forget just how heartbreaking it is to the people outside of the bubble of love. This story told that tale and told it beautifully. I'm gonna go...not cry now so that I don't fail this exam. Gah! I love you by the way. :-P
Marianne Brandon chapter 9 . 5/24/2005
Well, now, first of all I have to say I'm still in a little shock. I'm not quite sure how I feel about the ending, but you did write it rather well. I hope you start some other Phantoms stories, too!
138 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »