Reviews for Angels and Ballerinas
The Mintywolf chapter 8 . 5/19/2005
(Oh gracious I just realised I never reviewed this chapter . . .)

What I have to say now is this, please update soon! We need the next chapter. There's so much left open now and it's just *unbearable*!

:(!

I can't say how I hope it will end because honestly I have no idea how I hope this will end. I just hope it's happy for someone and if it comes to sacrificing one for the other I hope that someone is Meg. I'd rather see Meg happy than E/C and Meg unhappy. I really would.

::angsts::
jade chapter 8 . 5/7/2005
this is a GREAT story. i am on the edge of my seat to see what happens to Erik and Christine! I love your characterization of Meg. She's always been one of my favorite characters and I've always wanted to see more of her. Thanks!
unrecognizablesn chapter 7 . 5/7/2005
I BET (a nickel) THAT CHRISTINE AND ERIK WILL LIVE HAPPILY EVER AFTER. MOSTLY BECAUSE THIS IS WHAT I WANT TO HAPPEN GAWRSH DANG IT!

Seeing as how I bet a nickel, however, demonstrates my lack of confidence in this sad sad bet.

This is a very well documented story. The subtle changes you added to give Meg a greater role in the story-telling have been very well done. Just because it is so well done I just might forgive you if Meg & Erik end up together, or if none of them live happily ever after (I'd prefer this over Erik loving anyone else but Christine...I honestly can't imagine him loving anyone else and I'm fiercely loyal to this mindset). ) Can't wait until the next installment! (there will be one right? please? don't end it here!)
Opera Cloak chapter 8 . 5/7/2005
I'm still really enjoying this, as you know, and this is a lovely new chapter.

"For all Erik's bravado, she had never doubted that somewhere deep in his subconscious he longed to be in the thrall of someone who cared about him enough to order him around." I loved that! So very true...

I also loved Ayesha's feelings towards Chritine and Meg. "Not that anybody ever asked the cat." Aw! Poor Ayesha!

I also like the way Antoinette attempts to take responsibility for everyone. I think she's really just the babysitter of everyone in the Opera House!

And Erik's asked Meg to marry him! I really didn't see that coming! But please don't let it happen. It just seems so wrong! Although I do love the way Erik forces himself to call her darling all the time. Poor Erik! He really is quite dumb, if you don't mind me saying so, but I still feel sorry for him. I loved the way Antoinette gave him a talking to!

And now Christine has shown up. Really, I don't know how that girl has the nerve! And people are always accusing her of being soft and wimpish!

It must take a bit of courage for her to face Erik again after everything that has happened.

I'm starting to dread how this is going to end, though. The three of them are in the same house together. Not good. Now all we need is for Raoul to show up and we have a perfect situation for a character death.

Please update soon! I'm eagerly and rather fearfully awaiting the final chapter.
The Real Christine Daae chapter 8 . 5/6/2005
Ooh... I just started reading this story yesterday and have read through what you have so far. Very well written, and I love the uniqueness of this concept. I certainly hope there is a happy ending in store for them all! Please continue to write!
HolyCheesus chapter 8 . 5/5/2005
I'm sorry but I really hate Meg. I want Christine to get with Erik and Meg with Raoul maybe you could make them swap partneres :) I always thaught Raoul and Meg would go, and get a male cat for Ayesha she is probably lonely :(
EriksAngel2 chapter 8 . 5/5/2005
Wonderful. I love this story. Your characterization of Erik is just how I've always imagined him to be. Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful!
Lavendar chapter 8 . 5/5/2005
Have I mentioned lately that you're brilliant? Because...you are. :D

Erik and Meg both emerged from below the opera, that's a good start I suppose. I actually feel really bad for Rachel because she is SO upset about Meg! (Yes, all that's happened and I'm feeling bad for Rachel...I get sidetracked really easily, lol)

And I love how Madame Giry went and got him, and that bit about how he deep down wanted someone who could control him or whatever...awesome. Yay Madame Giry, she's my favourite, yay.

Ayesha..."Not that anybody ever asked the cat." *dies* That killed me, hahaha.

No actually, Meg almost killed me. When she said to Erik "You could ask me to marry you." omg..Meg! I wanted so badly to just reach over and snatch her out of this story. That was so sad and she's just so small and sad and pathetic looking...I love her! Poor Meg :(

I LOVE MADAME GIRY. If I haven't already mentioned that...I love how she just goes to Erik and yells at him. Brilliant.

But this whole situation is so sad. Erik asks her to marry him...She accepts. And neither of them is any happier at ALL for it. I can feel Meg's longing for how it used to be for her and Erik. And Erik is trying SO hard, but its just so useless! He keeps calling her "darling"... oh my :(

And CHRISTINE IS AT THE DOOR! Oh man...WHAT is going to go down now... I really cannot guess. But I have a strong feeling Meg is going to be crying in the next chapter and I'll be crying with her :( This is all so sad, for everyone involved...

Oh Cat, this is so beautiful though, it's so real, all of the emotion is so real. You never cease to amaze me.
Marianne Brandon chapter 8 . 5/5/2005
Oh, terrible cliffhanger here!

This all seems to be happening at breakneck speed, but it's very interesting! I can't wait to read more.
Grace Willoughby chapter 8 . 5/5/2005
not christine! christine doesn't DESERVE him!

please, make meg happy!
Opera Cloak chapter 7 . 4/26/2005
Another wonderful chapter! And so incredibly sad! Poor Erik. I love the way you describe his facial expressions, especially when he smiles when Christine returns (Peter Karrie moment! Yay! *Hugs Erik*).

I also love Raoul's frustrated banging on the portcullis...and Erik's reaction to it. It is quite futile, isn't it?

And your descriptions of Erik being like a wounded animal in his grief and vulnerability are just heartbreaking! Could this possibly be the influence of Earl Carpenter?

I also adored the part when Erik and Christine just look at each other for a moment. What was it? A bridge of light between them? That was just an absolutely beautiful moment. It reminded me of the moment in the film (please don't throw things at me!) when Erik goes up to Christine at the masquerade and they just *look* at each other, as Learn to be Lonely plays. It's my favourite moment in the film, and it also makes the violence that follows (him tearing the wedding ring from her neck) so much more tragic. I got a similar impression from the way you described this moment in your fic. Erik and Christine can communicate so much to each other with just a simple look, showing just how deep their bond actually is despite the violence and tragedy *sniff.*

As for who will end up happy...I daren't place a bet! I'd love it to end happily for all of them (even though I know that's not possible), but especially Erik, because I feel so sorry for him.

But I think it would be almost a waste if it ended completely fluffy and happy. That sort of ending worked really well for 'Only Love,' if you don't mind me saying so, but I think this story is heading towards tragedy, and wouldn't be any less beautiful with a sad ending.

On the other hand, maybe it can end happily...I wouldn't like to guess!

Anyway, I love it! Please update soon!
Opera Cloak chapter 6 . 4/26/2005
Oh my God. Wow.

Cat, I can honestly say that this is the most dramatic scene I have read so far in any of your stories! It had me on the edge of my seat, and I'm not exaggerating!

You just described the whole thing so perfectly. I could just picture it happening before me onstage! And your re-interpretation of PONR really makes sense...If they ever wanted to rewrite that scene of the musical so it was like this, it would totally work(And make much more sense!).

Although I must admit that I do like the idea that Christine knows it's Erik all along. It just seems more erotic and moving that way. I think it could make sense if she was so totally mesmerised by his voice (as she is in MOTN) that, although she knows it's him, she can't do anything about it.

I do think your version makes more sense, though.

Other things I loved about this chapter included the ballet girls trying to explain Don Juan and concluding that plots don't matter in opera, your comparison between Aminta and Christine (such beautiful descriptions!) and, for some reason, Mme. Giry holding Raoul back (I always knew she was one tough cookie!).

I also liked the reference to Trilby. Does this mean that you've read it? If so, what did you think of it? I read it about two years ago.

I LOVE this chapter! I'm off to read the next one now.
Cestruma chapter 7 . 4/21/2005
I just wanted let you know how evil you are for letting this story hang like this for so long! Especially since I didn't done any work done to finish it :)
Pleading Eyes chapter 7 . 4/7/2005
Erik damn you! Why won't you accept Meg's comfort!

But, sad as it may be, this actually sounds like a realistic Erik reaction. Brava! I am much impressed!

And I want to bet that Erik will end with Meg? I hope so! Christine left with Raoul! SHe hurt Erik, she made her choice, but Meg... Oh please let Meg end up with Erik! *crosses fingers*

They should have a happy ending.
Lavendar chapter 7 . 4/7/2005
AH! Cat, I am so sorry...I've never left a review for this. I know full well that if I don't leave one right away, I'll never remember...so this is ridiculously late and I haven't read the new Only Love chapter, but HERE! :)

I'm already impressed at the very beginning, I love Meg trying so hard not to think about Erik killing so easily...eek! Not the Erik she knows :( I love Erik and Raoul's exchange from behind the portcullis (that Meg's teased him about! Oh, the tragedy of it all...). And then Erik! How could he say suc ha thing to Meg? Oh, how evil...I feel so bad for her, she never expected any of this from him! At least Raoul was prepared for an encounter with a madman :(

And then Meg! Her poor head...that is so scary, and he just leaves her on the floor, doesnt even care... :( I like the "monstrous tableau" bit. And Raoul is so brave, so willing to die so Christine can be free!

And you kept the bitch slap! Whe, that is so amazing. And then he cant even react and she just kisses him. It's brilliant, haha.

This line is totally fantastic: "The shocked disbelief dissolving into overwhelming love on Erik’s face..." that whole paragraph, love it.

And then he tells them to leave...and its so sad...I got all teary at this point, lol. Although...I think by the end it was like in a movie, there was just like one tear that came down when i was finished, :P

Anyway...and Christine goes back, and Erik thinks shes coming back to him! Oh you did it so well...so tragic... This whole scene was done well. When I read this the first time I felt Meg was rather in the way, but now in its finished form I'd say you blended her into it very well.

And Christine makes him say I love you! Aw, and its so sad...and adorable...and sad... And they hug for forever and then, "“Go on,” he whispered. “He’s waiting.” and Erik sends her off...oh so brilliant, I can see it so perfectly.

And it ends...Meg and Erik and fear and violence...so sad. I can't wait to see exactly how you will work out a marvellous ending that I know will come. You know you can't disappoint ME, so go for it :)
138 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »