Reviews for Spellbound
Vana Jedi chapter 6 . 10/15/2012
I had a Tolkien class in my school...
1) As the teacher read the bit where Tom tells them to "run naked on the grasss" he turned and informed us, "Here's a scene we're glad didn't make it into the movie?"
2) I had more fun than was strictly necessary by clutching my chest, crying, "Aah! The spear in my heart!" and tumbling to the ground.
3) We had a class party on September 22 where we ate cake and sang Happy Birthday to Frodo and Bilbo. The poor souls who didn't take Tolkien (about five sixths of the grade did not take it, poor things) kept going, "How come THEY get cake?" and "Birthday? I didn't see anyone's birthday written on the calendar...".
Eiladwyn chapter 6 . 6/14/2010
Incredibly eerie, then suddenly warm and fuzzyfying at the end. I like, I like very much ]
Rachael-Raz chapter 1 . 12/18/2006
I just have to tell you how much this piece has inspired me in my own fiction writing. I constantly look back on my characters (Especially the villans) and see bits and pieces of this story intertwined within - haunting themes, descriptions, and downright frightening imagery. I would just like to thank you - I feel reading this story has made me a better writer, and I think you should be very proud of this work.

Wendwriter chapter 6 . 11/2/2006
Congratulations! You have written a perfect fan fic, and there's not even the teensiest gripe that can be made. I still can't believe that anyone can write Bombadil without making a buffoon of him - but you have managed it! I saw him as a powerful Maia who had no trouble taking on a Wight - in FOTR I saw an eccentric whom I could not take seriously - by introducing the concept of the silly old rhymes as spells and incantations, you disarm the contempt and earn him respect.

Your dovetailing your fic with ROTK was seamless - it fits nicely with the canon. Well done, love. I look forward to reading more of your work.

I still can't get over it - LOTR meets "The Fog." Love it.
Merewen Celebrindal chapter 6 . 3/18/2006
I LOVED it! Definately a great story. I especially loved how Frodo was so protective of Merry. Since they've known each other the longest, I suspect they would be protective of each other. Anyways, great story, absolutely loved it! _
Endaewen chapter 6 . 4/17/2005
This is an interesting take on the Barrow-Wights. I haven't seen too many stories looking at who/what they are.

Loved it (along with your other stories).
tintinnabulation chapter 6 . 4/16/2005
Oh, much better. (breathes a sigh of relief)
Yaviel chapter 5 . 4/14/2005
GREAT job with this story! It had a lot of detail and I could really see what was happening. (Ecspecially when they all were captured by the Wight...*shudder*) LOL The ending was so cute! Gotta love those sweet little hobbits _
lindahoyland chapter 6 . 4/13/2005
what a wonderful ending ! I love the way that you you link the vision of the king with its realisation. That passage always sens shivers down my spine !Nice to see Aragorn in the story as he is my favourite !
bethahnee chapter 6 . 4/13/2005
I really like your writing from the barrow-wight's point of view. It's REALLY good. It sounds like what would be in part of the actual book!

Anargil _~
Arrina chapter 6 . 4/12/2005
Yes, I'm late reading this to. It was good. It's been awhile since I've read about the barrow but I'd say this accuratly describes it. I really liked the ending too.
smalldiver chapter 6 . 4/10/2005
Oh, what an ending! If it had to end, I'm glad it ended like this. I loved how you skipped forward to the hobbits at the end and had that connection between the barrow downs and Aragorn.
Periantari chapter 6 . 4/9/2005
“Meriadoc Telcontar,” Aragorn mused.

lol i cannot imagine that name either but it's so funny~! )

great heartwarming close to a pretty dark story~ i'm glad you wrote this and i'm glad i read it for it's a classic lovely Shirebound Canonic hobbity story that i really love. )

good job!
Periantari chapter 5 . 4/9/2005
I've really enjoyed this story and i really like the heart-warming scene of the hobbits waking up and then racing each other. Also like the Merry still feeling the dream, and Frodo convincing him that it wasn't real..i like comfort with slight angst. ;)

Your take on what hapened and the Bilbo-Frodo imagined conversation was a high point of the last chapter. )

It's cool to see this written again and very novel to have the wight's perspective. )

(yay i finally reviewed ;)

::going on to next chapter::

great job, Janet~! :hugs:
Raven McBain chapter 6 . 4/8/2005
Yes another good story. AW, cute Hobbits. I love the way you add your "paint" the the beauty that is Middle Earths "canvas"