Reviews for Leap into the Shadows
Late October chapter 8 . 8/4/2011
Wow, what a great story! Well-written, well-crafted, and very interesting. I have always loved Quantum Leap and I have just recently discovered Dark Shadows. You write the characters from both shows very well; everyone is in-character. Plot-wise, I love how everything ties together seamlessly at the end. I also enjoyed reading about Barnabas' perspective in the Waiting Room - I always wished that QL had shown more of the reactions/experiences of the other temporally displaced person.

Anyway, great job, and thanks for this gem of a crossover. It's going in my favorites right now!
filly chapter 8 . 7/7/2011
I never read crossover fic, but this was great! Y
Princess Pat chapter 2 . 11/24/2009
This is a SERIOUSLY cool fanfic! I normally don't like crossovers, but this one really works. Can't wait to read more!
occhi bella chapter 8 . 2/22/2008
Awesome story. Quantum Leap was one of my favorite shows, and I did like Shadows, though I haven't seen many of the episodes. You got the characters of Sam and Al down perfectly and the two fandoms were threaded together nicely. And I loved the ending. One of my other favorite shows. :)

I've read all of your Beauty and the Beast stories, which are great. I just found this one tonight. Quantum Leap was one of my favorite shows so I started reading this. I'm so glad I did. :)
clevergirl43 chapter 8 . 8/6/2007
Oh MY! what a delight to find this, after seeing it recommended on a DS yahoo group. Excellent capture of the characters from both series and tweaking of a favorite DS plotline. Well done! Thank you for the grins and a very very fun read.
JMackenzie chapter 8 . 11/2/2006
What a great story! I love how you blended two shows so neatly together, and the ending was wonderful. I thought it was quite humorous how you called Jason "Mr. Shamrock" Well done.
Cancel my subscription chapter 8 . 10/12/2006
I would love to wax scholarly and imply that there are some constructive suggestions I could give but, simply, this story ROCKS! It was the most fun I have had reading fanfic! I wish this could have been made into an episode!
kyer chapter 1 . 10/12/2006
Oh, lord-you made me spit on my keyboard wrist pad! That last bit about Sam's leaping into Nick Knight-LOL! Bet Lacroix thought his son was being possessed by that demon again.

Never got to watch much of Dark Shadows, but luckily caught the beginning saga with Barnabas from Loomis freeing him to his becoming human again under the Doctor's care. Very campy, but enjoyable series.
Victoria Splinters chapter 8 . 8/6/2006
Oh, that was a great story! But way too short...

The ending was perfect, no sooner does he think he's out of that mess, he's back in a similar situation!
Victoria Splinters chapter 5 . 8/6/2006
This is so sweet I am actually going to cry. And I am not being sarcastic. Very good work.
Victoria Splinters chapter 2 . 8/5/2006
Excellent chapter. My favorite part had to be about the real Barnabas in 1990: "Angelique show yourself. I won't be a pawn in one of your fiendish games!" That was great.

One quibble though: I seem to remember Barnabas drinking alcohol on the show in 1967 when he was a vampire, so I don't think he would have gotten sick from even a cola. But, it does match up with the folklore that Vampires can only ingest blood, and this is your story after all, so no biggie. Anyways, awesome! I can't wait to finish this!
Victoria Splinters chapter 1 . 8/5/2006
Oh, my, this is quite good! I used to watch Quantum Leap all the time when I was in Junior High (it was brand new back then), and this is EXACTLY like one of the episodes of Quantum Leap. I like how you've kept track of everything that was going on with Dark Shadows during these 1967 storylines, although, I can not believe only 2 weeks transpired between Carolyn dating Buzz and Willie getting shot by the police at Maggie's cottage. Although, I suppose if I sat through all the episodes and added the time together, it would add up to 2 weeks. Anyways, good job!
dsbarnabasfan chapter 8 . 7/31/2006
LOL "Nick Knight", that's wonderful! At least he has experience being a vampire. ;)

Great story, well written and thought out. It's going on my favorite list. Two of my favorite shows. [thumbs UP]
dsbarnabasfan chapter 7 . 7/31/2006
Just when you think all is well, BANG ... disaster stikes! What amazing calm before the storm. Great writing! Love this story.
dsbarnabasfan chapter 6 . 7/31/2006
I love how you weaved the real dialogue of those DS episodes into your story with the QL characters. Marvelous job. I did the same with my story and it "wakes up" the scenes. :)
66 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »