Reviews for Surviving the Seasons
jarm chapter 7 . 9/24/2005
One of my favorite stories, had to read it again.
Zelgadis55 chapter 7 . 3/20/2005
*sigh* I don't know how but my previous review sent while I was still writing it... My sister's comp is such a pain and I can hardly wait to get back to my own...

Anyway, I now have you on author alert and look forward to reading any more Saiyuki fics you post or any fics in the fandoms that I read.

Keep up the great writing and thanks for sharing.

Zell
Zelgadis55 chapter 7 . 3/20/2005
First time in a while that I have done this, sat there and read an entire multi-chaptered fic in one sitting that is.

I really did enjoy this fic of yours. It had a good story/plot, really good descrption (your description seems to be a very strong point in your writing), the characters you worked with, original or cannon, all very much in character however, there is one thing you might want to watch out for. How to put this... You often talk about one character and have them speak in the next paragraph. That part, no problem but then, continuing on in the same sentence, you have the next character's reaction. If the reader isn't paying careful attention, that could get a little confusing. For eg:

'Goku nodded eagerly.

“I want to get back to the inn where it’s not a freezer!” he declared, Hakkai swaying slightly, his vision blurring.'

Maybe instead of that havuing something like as between the he declared and Hakkai or start a new sentence. *shrugs* It's not a biggie and while english is my only language, I wouldn't say I'm an expert or anything.
Zelgadis55 chapter 1 . 3/20/2005
I decided to read this story based on the fact that I liked your other Saiyuki fic so much. Still, your description is so good that I can actually see the characters before my eyes *whimpers* and that, for once isn't a good thing as it means I can see my most loathed and hated character in any anime/book/show/whatever. *shudder* I cannot stand Ni Jenyi and I could see him and hear him... Glad he wasn't the only one :-)

Good job, will have to go read more

Zell
LuckyLadybug chapter 7 . 2/19/2005
LOL. So many funny parts here. XD I love the "playing in the snow" comment. And when Goku and Gojyo started arguing in the Jeep. And Dr. Ni returns at the end! He is amusing. Great fic! 3 I'm anxious to see more Saiyuki stuff from you!
LuckyLadybug chapter 6 . 2/19/2005
Wow. That was great! I love the story you came up with for the ice demons. And I love the others' response to it! 3 And Icila's speech. This is probably my fave chapter yet!
Morgan Smith chapter 5 . 2/16/2005
Mew! SK~ I've kidnapped Gojyo and bound and gagged him~ He's in my closet now. XD Hee. Anyways. Besides my little fantasies, great chapter~ Update soon or I shall bite! _
LuckyLadybug chapter 5 . 2/16/2005
Ouch! Poor Hakkai. How does he even manage to stand up straight and walk after being wounded in the stomach? XD;

Goku's reaction to the ice slide was great. XD And I really like Icila. She's one of those interesting characters who can't figure out what to do with her life now.
Morgan C. OKAMI chapter 4 . 2/10/2005
Woo! Very nice! Continue! DD Really love the set up~~ I hope Wintro and Soria DIE! 'cause they attacked my favorite characters! XD Anyways. Continue! Or I'll skin you alive next time I see you! 33
TheOneBlueGecko chapter 4 . 2/10/2005
Thank you for writing and I can't wait for more. I really love this story, it is very well written.

So keep writing.
LuckyLadybug chapter 4 . 2/10/2005
XD Gojyo is wandering around in the snow with bare arms, eh? He should have worn something warmer, unless he just didn't have anything else. ;)

I love the scene where Goku comes to get Sanzo. XD And now we have Hakkai hurt/comfort stuffs! You should definitely write more Saiyuki fics. :)
LuckyLadybug chapter 3 . 2/10/2005
LOL. The opening scene with Gojyo and the waitress was amusing. XD And I love where Hakkai decided to join them. For some reason, Goku has chosen to remind me of Valon.

Another excellent chapter!
yamtt chapter 1 . 2/5/2005
THis was very entertaining. XD I could definitely see the characters saying what they did. And Dr. Nii never ceases to weird me out. LOL But good, I'll get to the other chapter sometime this weekend. XD
LuckyLadybug chapter 2 . 2/5/2005
XD Hakkai's comment on Goku after they ate dinner was great. And LOL. Sanzo sure seems to constantly be in a bad mood. I think Hakkai would probably be my favorite.

I wonder what's up with the waitress Gojyo found. . . .
LuckyLadybug chapter 1 . 2/5/2005
Yayness! This is a kewl fic so far. :) And I'm glad you've decided to tone down the language. XD; That's probably the only real barrier keeping me from looking for the DVD's and mangas of this series.

I like the Doctor Ni scene the best. XD He's amusing! And I wonder what he's planning.