Reviews for Pennames
subchan chapter 26 . 3/1
I like this concept, different from the usual Jess coming back to Starshallow theme most people have. Tho I was hoping one of her girls would be name Loreali since her and Rory agreed somewhere that it was going to be a family tradition. I really enjoyed reading it thanks for coming up with this good idea and writing. And thank you for completing it because that seems to be a difficult thing for most writers to accomplish. I'm glad writers block did not claim another victim. lol
Ultrawoman chapter 26 . 11/5/2014
If I read a fic I believe in leaving a review, even if the story is old, even if the author probably isn't around anymore, even if I need to say things that aren't 100% complimentary. So in spite of the fact you'll probably never read this and/or may not like that I'm not playing crazy fan girl here, I'm going to write this anyway, just because.

I like the story. I would not have read the whole entire thing if I didn't like it. Your versions of Rory & Jess are cool, and most of the time they do make sense, especially when I consider that you wrote this in 2005 when you didn't even have all the info on their characters going forward. Jess as a beach bum, yeah, that took some time to wrap my head around, but I can see him following in Jimmy's footsteps if he spent enough time with him and never came back East.

The author thing makes total sense, for both Jess and Rory actually. They didn't grow up into the kind of people the show would probably have if the show had gone on and shown them at 25, but I can buy that your version is one way they could've turned out. I loved that she would go across the country for him, just to see if it worked. Pretty much all the stuff with them in California was just gorgeous. I also love your version of Sasha in this, and Lily too though to a lesser extent. Jess always needed a decent parent. He had Luke, and that worked in the Hollow, but Sasha made the perfect mom figure, especially the way you wrote her. I loved that aspect of it.

Couldn't get to grips with the swearing and cursing that happened at times. I know, realistically people like Jess talk that way, but nobody can on the TV show so it feels a little jarring to me when it happens in fic. That's just me though, I do understand why you did that. In the same way, I'm not much for the detailed sexual content, but that didn't happen much so I was cool with it really. (Excuse the honesty, I can't help myself sometimes! lol)

What else? Hmm, well, Rory leaving her mother and everyone else behind was pretty heart-breaking, but I do get why it had to happen. Not everybody can live their lives where they started out. Lorelai had to know that better than anyone given all that she ran away from as a teen, and at least her daughter still adores her and would visit.

The epilogue was great. The kids named after the Brontes? Love it! Rory & Jess still as crazy about each other as ever? Love it! Lorelai & Luke wedding? Love it! Yup, I pretty much loved how it ended and I loved most of what happened in the beginning and the middle as well ;)

I look back at some of the stuff I wrote so many years ago and sometimes I wince, but I think you should look back at this and be pretty darn proud of it. You probably are anyway, but yeah, just sayin' ;) Whilst the AU took a little bit of a mind leap for me, once I got into it, I really did enjoy the story. You had a handle on the characters, no doubt, you just took them in a direction I wasn't entirely ready for when I started reading. Like I said, once I got into the concept, it was cool.

So yeah, that's my review... which you'll probably never read, but I'm still glad I wrote it :)

Ultra

PS This fic was recommended to me by WesterbergGal, that's how I came across it. I think I'd probably trust her judgment a second time ;)
cmtaylor531 chapter 7 . 9/10/2012
This is one of the truly epic RJ stories out there. Its written so damn well. Right amount of sarcasm and sweetness.
Kayseetwin chapter 26 . 7/19/2010
1. You threw a vase. That's pretty damn epic. You have earned my respect.

2. Your flamers broke my heart. I'm so peeved that anyone would hate your story. It was brilliant, and anyone who says otherwise should be told to piss off.

3. I love the delay for the Lorelai/Luke engagement. It emphasized the role that Rory played in this fic actual plot.

4. Dean is an ass, I'm glad you portrayed him as an ass.

5. Airport scene: Cutest. Thing. Ever.

6. I love the Bronte sisters bit. I imagined many heated debates over that, which of course is fabulous.

7. Great job at keeping the characters in character. It's hard to do sometimes, but you pulled it off.

8. They so would listen to The White Stripes. Fabulous choice.

9. I'm so angry, because I wrote this review and unfortunately hit the back button before finishing, which means this isn't as detailed as it was before. You get the gist of it, either way. It's 2 am, gimme a break.

10. Amazing job. I really loved this, and loved how you made this story your own.
caipi chapter 26 . 3/31/2008
loved it

and what i really liked is that chris obviously wasn't at rorys wedding

but not only for that your story was great, just for all of it.. plot, writing, whatever.
10000 Dead Roses chapter 26 . 10/6/2007
I loved this story, it was superbly written and I think the charcters were... in charcter
cmtaylor531 chapter 1 . 8/9/2007
Aw just read this again and wanted to tell you that its amazingly sweet!
Lily1986 chapter 26 . 7/18/2007
Que lindo! Man.. after reading al these fanfictions of Jess and Rory ending up together I'm now more depressed than when the show ended! There were so many ways to end Jess and Rory together and yet the writers used none. It's really frustrating! Oh well.. great story! I loved it!
emeraldlily06 chapter 26 . 7/8/2007
This story is amazing. I love it. I love this take on their relationship and it was written very well - a few typos here and there, but still well written.
allycat1186 chapter 26 . 7/4/2007
Amazing!
lostinthemoonlight chapter 26 . 4/9/2007
ok omg, this story made me laugh so hard, espacially the whole jess/Emily jr. interaction. but omg emioly is so funny and cutey! she and miss patty sure did make me smile real widely. i love the whole story, and i never expected the plot to turn out that way, it starts out in New York and then Boom here we are in cali, i totally adored it! amazing job! and you are defiantely going on my favorites list, both of them!

chrissy
Lena Kim chapter 26 . 3/21/2007
Great!
helaluvE chapter 26 . 2/27/2007
OH MY GOD! what and incredile fantastic great genius adorable sweet realistic hot dream-like well written story! i loved it! thank you so much for that brain of yours which produces amazing and brillant stories and thank you for not being lazy enough to not write and publish them!
2from20 chapter 1 . 12/27/2006
simply put...YOU ROCK!
cmtaylor531 chapter 26 . 11/21/2006
Such an amazing story! I loved it. OMG so great!