Reviews for Desperate Measures
Super Chocolate Bear chapter 12 . 6/25/2008
Awesome story. Any story that includes Barney and gives him a serious, responsible edge is fine by me, but you also introduced OCs that actually held my attention and (more importantly) sympathy. So often I've read fics where OCs are introduced and the writer immediately expects the reader to love the character. I truly enjoyed reading Kat's journey and understanding her motives and emotions. I'm also glad you didn't force her and Barney into a romance; the friendship they've struck up here seems so much more natural, and seems as though it could blossom into something more quite naturally.

Anyway, great stuff!
rob chapter 2 . 7/15/2006
great first two chaps, awesome job
jesse chapter 6 . 2/13/2006
Wow! A like-minded HL2 gamer. It's great to see the changes you've made to the typical protagonist...I've always wished Gordon was a spunky girl instead! XD

Your Barney cool.

Kat even cooler.
gamefan chapter 5 . 12/23/2005
sweet i've read all so far plz make a sequal :)
CloudReader chapter 12 . 11/30/2005
Awesome! I just finished the whole story and loved it. I especially enjoyed how you put Kat in a role as a scientist (the queen disection scene and the sketching stuff was great!), and you know I did enjoy chapter XI! You should 'get into someone else's head' more often! :P I'm hoping you write more. :D
Talyn chapter 1 . 11/30/2005
Outstanding story! I loved it, especially the way you talked about how the Combine subverted the humans in the CP - lots of people seem determined to make CPs into aliens, and I'm glad you stayed true to the game and really painted a realistic picture of the tragedy behind Half Life.

I hope to read more of your work. Kudos to you!
Metroid13 chapter 12 . 10/17/2005
A most excellent ending to this even more excellent fic. I truly do apologize for the flak I had originally given it, even if it was on account of my relative ignorance to the contrasts between CP's and augmented Combine soldiers.

On another note, you and Edcrab seem pretty close. I noticed that he had used your characters in his story.

At any rate, do you plan on expanding on this further?
AndyW chapter 11 . 7/5/2005
A great fiction. Well portrayed characters, a convincing world and plot, and the ending felt... right. At least, I assume that it has ended :-)

Thanks. If you write another fiction, I'm sure I'll read it with great enjoyment - even if I do feel like crying at the end.
sulkdodds chapter 11 . 7/1/2005
Nice ending. :D
Raylen chapter 1 . 6/30/2005
Very, very good. Great descriptiveness, grammar, spelling, etc.

I just played the first few levels of Half-Life 2, and when I saw the three CPs charge into the room in the first area, after knocking on the door, it reminded me exactly of this story. It's a tie-in, right?

Well, great story, love to see more 'fics from you.
olafur chapter 11 . 6/21/2005
PLEASE dont tell me its over!
Edcrab chapter 11 . 5/28/2005
I've been privileged enough to see some of this brilliant fanfic in advance, and I have to say the finale is- surprisingly for something of this calibre- worthy of the story as a whole and incredibly emotive.

Great characters (and even better interaction), flawless action scenes, a frantic pace... it's just fantastic!
metroid13 chapter 11 . 5/27/2005
Wow, is that the end? Seem's pretty final to me.
sulkdodds chapter 10 . 4/28/2005
:O

The tension!
metroid13out of login chapter 7 . 4/27/2005
Oh, don't worry, it didn't ruin a thing. In fact, I was the one at fault, I didn't realize that the CP was actually Barney, haha. After reading further, I must say; great job, you're an excellent writter.