Reviews for Miracles and Sacrifices
Noname84 chapter 1 . 7/3/2006
Wonderful story - well written!

I like that you picked up on what they cut from Star Trek: The Voyage Home...

... yet you have to tell us what Saavik did with the child! ;-)
Terry L. Gardner chapter 1 . 1/18/2006
I like your story a lot! I think its so cool that Savik is going to have Spock's baby and is great friends with Amanda.
Ster J chapter 1 . 1/17/2006
What a beautiful story! Favorite line: "For all sacrifices are repaid with a miracle." Bravo!
Clever Lass chapter 1 . 10/4/2005
Ohh, nice twist. I always wondered what would happen if... well, you know.

Nice characterizations of both Saavik and Amanda. I always liked Amanda, and you've painted her just as I've always pictured her.
Khiori chapter 1 . 8/23/2005
Love this story! Your characterizations are perfect, and the Saavik/Spock relationship is just great!

I would love to see his reaction if, at the end of the story, she suddenly asks, "Which would you pick? Eden or Sha Ka Ree?"
Marla Sharp chapter 1 . 2/7/2005
Superb! Graceful and warm, smooth lined and precise.

A perfect glimpse into their relationships and an 'ending' that beautiful.

Damn-write more!
Heather chapter 1 . 2/7/2005
I really enjoyed this piece. What I liked most was the difference in Saavik's voice between this and your other piece. Both sounded like her, but you captured how she sounded at each age. She does sound much younger here - still that same logical, precise Saavik. But her relationship doesn't contain the same layers as it would if she and Spock were married for some time.

Nice job.
mzsnaz chapter 1 . 2/7/2005
Another wonderful piece! Believable and warm. The relationship between Saavik and Amanda was in-character, as far as I'm concerned. I've always pictured them as growing closer after the events of Genesis. And the ending of the story? Wow...I don't think I was surprised as much as curious. Will Saavik remain on Vulcan with her child? Perhaps a sequel? :D
Kerjen chapter 1 . 2/7/2005
Another wonderful story! Good, solid characterization of Saavik and her relationships again in your great style of using powerful words and phrasing without cliches and overdramatics. Like "Queue", I enjoyed how you touched on so much such as Saavik thinking of why she can't stop Spock from going into the engine room and radiation, including how she can't do it because "I regretted the circumstances of my birth that left me with the genetic traits of the Vulcan people, but lacking the life-long exposure to the planet’s heavy gravity and thin atmosphere." Great way to show how Saavik is unique and different, even from Spock. Another good example of this is how you worded: "I am a half-breed, and so is [Spock], though we are of different non-Vulcan parentage." I also thought it was very clever how you pointed out Spock is reborn through the same tool as his destruction.

Then to see Saavik living at Seleya, and how she has developed a friendship with Amanda. You explain this relationship so poignantly with lines like "It is not logical to wish for a mother that I never knew, but if I did, I would wish it could be her." and their unique tie to their world and culture with "...for we are both Vulcan, by practice if not by blood."

And then, of course, your twist at the end. ;)

Wonderful, wonderful story!

Could I archive this and "Queue" on with your permission?
sandsofvulcan chapter 1 . 2/6/2005
I love Amanda. I like the way you've made the two characters complementary here. And Hm... What did Saavik do with that baby? Any ideas :)