Reviews for Loss
BookQ36 chapter 9 . 5/19/2013
Excellent story. Well done!
Peridot5 chapter 1 . 1/23/2013
Good story. You clearly researched the topic very well. We all know loss of hearing or sight is a common theme in fanfic, but your research, as well as your skill as a writer, really set this story apart. I knew that ASL was a separate language from English with its own grammar, but I didn't know how that grammar went. I love language, so that was very interesting to me. Thanks for including that bit. I loved the Trip and Hoshi friendship too. Can't go wrong with that.
LoyaulteMeLie chapter 9 . 3/17/2012
Very good story, and all the characters were very believable. Well done.
Audrey C chapter 9 . 1/14/2011
Really enjoyed this story. Very realistic and touching!
Ireth Kalt chapter 9 . 5/7/2008
That was a cool story. Ended rather abruptly though. I think this would be a very interesting story to use with original characters, and have more happen, you know, expand upon it. But it's good as it is too. :)
KatGrl2003 chapter 9 . 3/22/2006
Is Hoshi trying to make him regret getting his hearing back? I'm a musician, and "The Acadian Euphonium and Tuba Quintet Do Christmas" made me shudder.

-Kat
Triptacular chapter 9 . 9/1/2005
Incredible! What a great story! I'll bet Dominic, Linda and Connor would have enjoyed acting this story. It would have made a great two-parter.

The bar scenes were great - the deaf woman showing him he's not alone and can enjoy himself and the fight in the lav. showed that his defense instincts were still there once the attacker was distracted.

I really enjoyed this one. Thanks!
jagqueen2 chapter 9 . 7/18/2005
I'm studying to become a teacher of the deaf. I really enjoyed this story and especially liked how you incorporated I. King Jordan's words into it. It was written in a sensitive, interesting way. I especially liked Trip's fluency in profanity.
lostintranslationagain chapter 9 . 4/26/2005
Perfect. I'm so glad I found this fic. I'm getting so sick of reading fics about "hearing impaired" characters (I hope you get what I mean by that), having Deafness represented right for a change... its perfect.
Bamboo Pug chapter 9 . 3/12/2005
Brilliant.

you have these characters round your middle finger i felt this fic was brilliant and raises the awareness of the problems "deaf" people go through. Well Done RM.

i love this but from your last chapter.

“Anything you say sounds wonderful, commander. Despite the accent.”

it's something i felt that Malcolm would definately say.
Romanse chapter 9 . 2/22/2005
Wonderful, angst filled story! I also found it very informative. Congratulations on having written a fine story!

Romanse
blurg chapter 9 . 2/21/2005
This is fantastic! I can't wait for the next chapter. I really liked how you conveyed the attitudes of people. And hey I learned a whole lot about sign language.
moondancercat chapter 9 . 2/20/2005
Very good- deep and well-written, and so into the characters. My loves of angst and Malcolm add to it. ;D Is that the end? Or do we get an epilogue? More chapters? Anything? _;
Rusty Armour chapter 9 . 2/19/2005
I was looking for a good Malcolm story after watching "Affliction" last night and this worked quite nicely! :-) You really gave a realistic sense of what it must be like to be deaf, and I think that Reed would have reacted *exactly* the way he reacted in this story. This was a great exploration of his character and a wonderful read...Pardon the pun! *g*
Fred God of chapter 9 . 2/15/2005
Much apalause to you. a bloody wonderful story that could actually work as part of an episode (and would be made slightly better by seeing the signs for things) you are now on my favrites lists