Reviews for The Ties That Bind
Dominus Trinus chapter 1 . 12/17/2012
All I could say is wow. But what else to expect from someone who wrote the Witch and the Assassin ;-) Absolutely amazing job trying to connect everything instead of just rewriting and pretending it doesn't happen on the show. This is goinng to my favorites list along with a copy of all your other fics on my mobile :-D
Crystalzap chapter 1 . 10/24/2012
nice, very profound, it makes me feel but for Chris and yet proud that he could still face them right after that.

anyway great story you seem to write Chris' personality rather well :)
Aynessa chapter 1 . 4/3/2012
There are not enough words in the world to describe how amazing this story is.
Whirlwind421 chapter 1 . 6/12/2010
OMG! That was brilliant! The end part...leading up to the end. Brilliant! Especially with Piper's words ringing in the background. !
Robyn chapter 1 . 3/16/2010
Extremely well done. Loved this.

It's a realistic look at the pre-Season canon.

Though I have no idea why it's listed under 'Elise R.' instead of 'Chris H'. Must be a glitch on the system.
The Mome Raths Outgrabe chapter 1 . 1/11/2009
awesome and so sad it was really great
Azureina chapter 1 . 4/2/2007
Unbelievable. Breathtaking. Amazing. This was absolutely fantastic, and I loved every word. I thought it was great insight to a great character, and I enjoyed your take on Chris' backstory, since all we can do is speculate. I'm disappointed, though, that all you have posted is one story. I would certainly like to read more from you.
wild wolf free17 chapter 1 . 8/16/2006
Stunning beyond all measure.
Anna chapter 1 . 2/16/2006
Hey! This is amazing! I wish you had written more. : )
JustEs chapter 1 . 1/21/2006
Oh, Scifi! I just recently joined and it was *so* nice to see the fanfic that originally made me think that maybe Chris wasn't such a bad guy after all. (I never liked him on the show) You did such a fantastic job of getting into his character, explaining why he's the way he is, and what exactly happened when he was 14. I loved best his conversation with the ghosts of Grams and Piper. Seeing the way he loved his brother and trusted his brother, but the way his brother betrayed him, explains why he did the thing he did. It also goes into his relationship with Bianca beautifully, along with that of his aunts-I loved the way he remembered the differences in how they did potions! Having him come back months earlier to prepare, the way he looks at his mother, father and aunts now is just so right on! And the songs you brought in are on-the-nose perfect! For a first Charmed-fanfic, this set the tone for the rest of Scifi's fanfics! I hope enough people review this one, so that she's talked into posting some of her other fantastic Chris-centric fanfics!
namjai chapter 1 . 3/29/2005
Stunning, truly. Wow. Heartbreaking and totally absorbing from start to finish. Most of all, I'm impressed by the end - the tension and nerves that you created with those lines from "Oh My Goddess," knowing that "showtime" is coming closer and closer.

Have I effectively communicated how terrific and moving I thought this was? I hope so, because now I have to admit to my one reservation: The murder-suicide seemed rather unmotivated, and because of that, kind of over-the-top - heaping on one misery too many. But I loved that ending scene, so would it have worked without it? Probably not. Something had to go wrong at the last minute to create the power of that scene, I just wasn't sure if this was it. Maybe if we had had some hint of a potential for violence in the guy, I might have accepted that plot turn more easily.

But now that I've said that, I feel compelled to repeat: I loved this a whole lot!
Kilikapele chapter 1 . 2/6/2005
Oh, this was great! But must it end? I'd love to see you continue this. It would be great to give Chris POV in the later Season 6 episodes! I hope to see more of your work soon!

Thanks,

Kiki
vintagegirl chapter 1 . 2/5/2005
I liked it. I loved seeing the beginning of it all through his eyes. Totally awesome of you to think of the before moments for Chris's character. It gave him more meaning. I know it was a one shot story, but it would be awesome if you kept it going.