Reviews for To Be Frank
LightsPast chapter 1 . 6/26/2013
awww! This exactly how I would imagine Neville's life to be like! Perfect, I love it!
grace chapter 1 . 12/22/2009
your'e aware that if you wait to January to do another you will be edging on five years again. think about it. but all in all good story.
Caz chapter 1 . 9/17/2006
Wow, this is just great. Lol this is the first Neville-fic I have ever read. Oh & I came across this fic by way of someones favorite stories list.
RSegovia chapter 1 . 5/24/2005
sweet. I love Neville, and I like how you've portrayed him in this. Please write more Neville stories! ;)
unlikely2 chapter 1 . 2/10/2005
Excellent missing moment with Neville very much in character. A really well written story.
tweeny-weeny chapter 1 . 2/5/2005
this is really good. I like the fact that it is from Neville'd POV and the fact that he is so IC! woohoo someone who doesn't portray Neville as a giant wimp, a sudden sex god, or secretely declaring his love for seamus/dean/ron/harry every night. (not that i have anything against slash) it's just that your story portrays him so refreshingly normally! I like how it seems that Neville is growing up a bit though. and talking to his grandmother - it must be hard to be constantly compared to his dad, especially as he hardly knew him, and it's hard to live up to someones expectations when that person is no longer around to show you their human side as well! Are you going to continue this? I hope so, we need Neville to have his birthday - it is in July after all.
Cadenza Cavatina chapter 1 . 2/5/2005
yay! a neville fic! i liked it A LOT. it was really sweet. good job!
HermyGWeasley chapter 1 . 2/5/2005
Wow!

That was definitely awesome. I love Neville, but I don't get many chances to read great fics about him because he's such a background character. I really love good stories about OCs(Other Characters), and this one definitely qualifies! Well done! Please send me an email at pepsipanda_02 at yahoo . com when you've finished another chapter! I'd love to read it(but would hate to miss it). Amazing job, well done!

HermyGWeasley

a.k.a. Aimee
LittleMissTake chapter 1 . 2/5/2005
OK, great story, I like the way Neville gets so annoyed with his gran for always comparing him to his dad, and how it was more developed than most stories like this. The OWL results were quite good, though why would Neville get an O in Charms when he only got an A in Herbology? It'd surely be the other way round, though I can't actually remember how good he actually is at Herbology and how much fanon has to do with it, but I'm sure if he got an O in anything, it'd be Herbology. Also, I'm sure that F doesnm't stand for anything. There's O, E, A, D and I can't actually remember what the other mark is. I've looked all over the internet everywhere I could think of includin Mugglenet and the Lexicon and couldn't find what that elusive last grade was but I'm pretty sure it's not F. Apologies of it is, but I don't think it is. When you have time jumps, as in moving forward a couple of hours/days, whatever, if it's not continuing on and you're not going to say 'Later on', or 'the next day', or even if you are, you need to indidcate somehow that it's later. You could leave an extra line or put stars

*(centred)

in, but you need to do that somehow. Also, did you mean to leave this like this?

wand – KIND OF WAND (MUST CHECK JKROWLING WEBSITE) – sparks

or did oyu mean to go back to it? becuase if you couldn't find a type of wand, you should have just left it without the type of wand, rather than saying that, and if you didn't mean to leave it like that, there you go, you did.
AchillesMonkey chapter 1 . 2/5/2005
Oh! Poor Neville! Great fic.
Aicho chapter 1 . 2/5/2005
Oh I loved the title so much that I just had to read it! It just jumped out at me, with it's double meaning and I think you did a great job of this piece.

It's always been my impression (as well) that Neville isn't being taken seriously by his grandmother and that all he ever has to do is try and live up to his parents. And this piece just brings a bit of resolve for that issue.

Very nice!
Ron Granger Weasley chapter 1 . 2/4/2005
veri gd story...nt OOC...waiting for the next chapter!
Khajiit chapter 1 . 2/4/2005
I never really thought about Neville's perspective before. He's always portrayed as the clumsy underachiever. I liked this a lot. It showed me a new side of the story. Great job.
Sydella Shields chapter 1 . 2/4/2005
I really enjoyed reading this. I think you did a good job of writing Neville and his thoughts. When I read OotP this was a situation that I wondered about, and hopefully Neville's O.W.L's will turn out as well in the canon!