Reviews for Tormented
A Reviewing Reader chapter 1 . 2/25/2012
Though I've had the unfortunate luck to not have seen Sweeney Todd...yet...I did really enjoy this fic.(:

I love reading dark fics, even if I can't write them, because it's so real and harsh and really...true...y'know?

I can't really think of any problems with your story...there weren't any I saw... I mean, as far as I could tell, Jafar was very in-character, especially his actions and dark thoughts. :D

Bottom line, I really loved this. It was just..great.

~Ary
dervishandbanges chapter 1 . 1/1/2012
Wow! Congratulations, that was really really good. Personally I'm a fan of Sweeney Todd so it's quite a climate you've created xd the story itself is a fantastic and deep study of Jafar's character who IMO was a little bit one-side in the movie. Every personality is complex and has a lot of, let's call it, "faces" that show themselves in different situations and you showed us a yet unknown face of Jafar. Not making him any more handsome anyway. xdxd

I absolutely adore your story, the POV is interesting and those parts in italics were super cool, you do get the feeling really.

Love, dab :**
azab chapter 1 . 6/12/2011
great job
Magenta Snape chapter 1 . 4/3/2011
Loved how it was inspired by Judge rickman was the greatest in that film.(next to HP)
A Talentless Hack chapter 1 . 3/16/2008
Brilliant. I'm a huge fan of Sweeney Todd, and when I read the summary for this, I immediately thought of "Mea Culpa". this was wonderful.
EntrancableFairy chapter 1 . 2/8/2007
i really like thisstory its very interesting
Mizamour chapter 1 . 8/30/2005
Oh, this is amazing! Great, great, great, great Jafar characterization! This story reminds me so much of Frollo/Esmeralda from Hugo's Hunchback of Notre-Dame. This is great!
Lisa chapter 1 . 8/12/2005
It's really really good. I have always loved the fact that Jafar wanted Jasmine. Love the plot lines where the bag guy wants good girl and is insanely possive. haha. I think the style you wrote it is very unique and shows how Jafar really is pitiful and evil at the same time. I really like how you added things in there about how Jafar was a good man. It's very interesting. keep up the good work!
Dearest's Historic Cadre chapter 1 . 6/6/2005
I cannot describe how amazing I thought this was. The injerjection in italics I felt was especially powerful. And I really like the image of Jafar getting the image of Princess Jasmine picking up a handkerchief with her teeth.
Airelle Vilka not signed in chapter 1 . 5/3/2005
Whoa. Suitably angsty, and in character. Jafar with his poor conflicted morals...
JubileeFan chapter 1 . 3/11/2005
Nicely done, esecially for a first. And I think you acheived everything it said it would be, dark and lusty. And ya I always wondered why the Sultan let Jasmine prance around wearing near nothing all the time, I mean I know it's hot outside but that's not even a shirt! Tee Hee...ok now i'm just ranting to myself.

It seemed very real,and I liked how you didn't just say that Jasmine was beautiful, you used a lot of good adjectives and what-not.

Great Job!

4.3 outta 5 stars!
maxbyfive chapter 1 . 2/21/2005
wow. very well done. it explores a different side of jafar.
TrudiRose chapter 1 . 2/11/2005
Hm. This sounds more like Frollo in "Hunchback of Notre Dame" than Jafar to me. I can certainly see Jafar lusting after Jasmine, but I can't see him feeling guilty or conflicted about it. And I definitely don't see self-flagellation - again, that's more of a Frollo thing. Jafar always seemed quite comfortable in his evil; that's one of the things I like about him. :) Totally JMO, of course. It's a very well-written piece, though - you have a good, dramatic writing style.
jafarjasmineforever2005 chapter 1 . 2/9/2005
Nice job. BTW thanks for looking at mine.
nix chapter 1 . 2/6/2005
O.O Good job! Very cool fic.