Reviews for Tangled Web
Superfiend chapter 1 . 10/26/2009
WHY DOES IT NEVER END HAPPILY FOR MANTEN? What the fuck is wrong with this ending?

"Hiten accepts them as a couple, and tells him that he never really wanted Yura, that he was just making sure she was good enough for his little brother"

WHYY KAMI-SAMA WHY? *depressed*
Kah'T.ASTROPHUCK chapter 1 . 5/4/2006
Weird. Deranged, to me anyway, but very abstract and artistic.
teejplease chapter 1 . 8/9/2005
stab me in the heart, why dontcha?
Nokomarie the Snake chapter 1 . 6/11/2005
What an interesting little plot bunny you have there. Here, give it this carrot.
iDOitALL chapter 1 . 4/16/2005
Yomiori-Wolfdemon chapter 1 . 3/18/2005
That was the best. I absolutely love reading fics with minor characters in the actual series being the main characters, it's brilliant! I adore the language you use and the way you give such meaning to Yura's ribbon. Great job.
Josefina chapter 1 . 2/17/2005
That was really good. I like how you make the ribbon a symbol. I never thought about that coupling but you made it work.
TeaRoses chapter 1 . 2/14/2005
This is great. I felt so sorry for Manten here, and a little for Yura also, even though they have such evil aspects from a human viewpoint. The use of language was really outstanding.
Raihu chapter 1 . 2/13/2005
I was so happy when I read the summary. Wary, too. XP The combination title-pairing-summary for this fic was kind of ominous, but also intriguing. I've wondered why there aren't more (good) Hiten/Yura/Manten fics out there; it's a weird thing to consider, but - as far as IY triangles go - there's a bit of logic in it, with the whole hair fixation and all.

As usual, your writing is dark and terse and vivid; so much fun to read, no matter what you're describing, no matter who's being analyzed. I'm extremely glad that you focused on Yura and Manten - they don't often get the spotlight, so they're fresh meat when it comes to angsty romance. And it's nice to see them as more than interesting stereotypes used for a couple of paragraphs and then tossed away into the land of I-don't-feel-like-writing-about-them-anymore.

Your interpretation of Yura's sixth sense in regards to the 'sound' of hair was particularly neat, and it actually provided a good explanation as to why she might fall in love (?) with Manten. I mean, weird pairings are entertaining, but a weird pairing that can be backed up is the real spice of life.

I suppose this would be one of the happier endings you've written. _ No one died (not in the fic, anywho) and Yura keeps the ribbon, sort of like a symbol for her fond memories. It's strange - I kept expecting some horrible display of violence, but it never came.

Still, I enjoyed. Of course I enjoyed. XP Despite the lukewarm conclusion, I love the sense of foreboding in the last couple of lines. "Yura entertains no death wish" . . . but we all no she's going to die soon anyway, and then Manten, and then Hiten. It makes me wonder if her time with them was the last taste of real contentment she ever had.

A wonderful story, though I'd expect no less at this point. _~ I hope you-who-write had as much fun with this as we-who-read.
ingra-of-mordor chapter 1 . 2/6/2005
I love this fic. It works with opposite characters in such a way it fits perfectly. I love your descriptions. It made it powerful beyond compare. Your writing is always fascinating.
Elementsofmine chapter 1 . 2/6/2005
Shizznix, you're just trying to make me cry, aren't you? T_T So good...
Guest chapter 1 . 2/6/2005
... O

GREAT! n_n

This is one of the most incredibly well-written fics I've ever read, o' great and unparalleled Aiffe-hime-sama!

Please, oh please, keep this exemplary work up!