Reviews for Crabbe's Poetry Book
MrsRegulusBlack123 chapter 4 . 1/30
Oh wow... I've got to say that this was really interesting to read. I've never given much thought to Crabbe and Goyle but this story is really believable, I think. I also loved the fact Vin liked writing poetry by the way.
excessivelyperky chapter 4 . 10/11/2014
Oh, yes. And let's not forget, they had Montague's near-death to avenge.

But only Gryffindors ever win.
queenforbes chapter 1 . 9/30/2012
Aww, the little games Draco and the others play are so cute!
Seren Flaidd chapter 1 . 9/18/2012
This is great. I am very much looking forward to reading the next chapters, and more of your writing.
Canon doesn't mention hospital stays, poetry writing or deep seated angst, but it doesn't NOT mention them either. In my opinion you are writing in cannon and doing so very well.
I can't wait to read more.
Swallow B chapter 1 . 8/21/2012
I agree a hundred percent with your interpretation of Crabbe, his motives and the way he sees Draco. And the poem expresses his feelings perfectly. My only reserve is that I can't really imagine him writing it. It's too good, if you see what I mean.
bennybear chapter 4 . 6/4/2012
I think that's a convincing theory about Vincent Crabbe. Repeated humiliation can produce such results.
kittyperry chapter 4 . 6/4/2012
Wow. You're right. No one ever thinks that Crabbe and Goyle have any kind of depth. But this is brilliant - they really come across as being something more than Draco's henchmen.
Hebi R chapter 4 . 5/30/2012
I never really wondered tis before, but other than Remus in third year, we've never seen any evidence of adult supervision on the Express except for the lady who sells the snacks. Something is very wrong with that.
whitehound chapter 4 . 5/30/2012
Yes - he tended to get treated as negligible because he wasn't all that bright, so he would follow anybody who praised him, and he wasn't bright enough to see that the Carrows weren't bright enough to teach him how to use curses safely and how to turn them off if they got out of hand.
tearsofphoenix chapter 4 . 5/30/2012
That's really tragic, and pure angst; of course it couldn't be different, with his story and with what DH told of him.

"How? Like it was hard?"

Yes, it isn't hard, it's easy, as the real world shows everyday; and such feelings are probably those that make the difference in one's choices when someone lives the experiences that Crabbe lived.
enomix chapter 3 . 10/13/2010
Wow. I don't know if you're going to continue this, but it is very good. I loves the song, I swear that before Reading the AN in the next chapter; while I eadthe lyrics I could hear music in my head! (no I am afraid I am NOT out of my mind- thank you very much). ;)

This was very touching and I hope you continue it- even if it's just poems, and 4 years later. I loved your poetry.

Audrey
PersonifyThis chapter 3 . 8/2/2010
This is a great story. It truly throws a light onto how the students were affected by the war even if they weren't fighting in it. I like Vin's confusion. It's real. The poetry is also incredible. It makes me wish that I could tell Vin that he could become a writer. That no the world isn't only divided into 4 sections.

Really amazing story!
Swallow B chapter 3 . 4/29/2010
Wow, what an interesting portrait of Crabbe ! It is not at all what I expected. It's much better. You managed to make him into a real poet and sensitive guy without making him OC. Yes, of course, that is how he would feel. Also I did feel sorry for the Slytherins who found themselves stuck with Slughorn at the end of HPB. And good for you for mentioning how traumatised they were after they were hexed at the end of the fifth year. JK Rowling treats it as one big joke and promptly forgets about it because Harry does. You do a great job at writing the Slytherin side- something that definitely needs to be done.
asdfhjsf chapter 3 . 4/4/2010
This is Wonderful!

It really gives hidden depths to the charecters...so I'm adding it to my community!

Well Done!

Keep Writing,

Nikki
PropertyoftheHBP chapter 3 . 12/1/2009
That was stunning. I really appreciate how you were able to take a minor, generally disliked character, and allow the reader to empathisize and feel compassion for them - something that we weren't able to do in canon because, like you mentioned, it was from Gryffindor perspective. The Slytherins had their own pasts, passions and miseries. Thank you for allowing us to see that.

SLW