Reviews for Crabbe's Poetry Book
Sage and Snape chapter 5 . 8/25/2016
Well, I think I know about taking over 5 years to finish something, so I think it's awesome and amazing that you did end up putting the final capstone on this story. It was very well done.

In a way, there was a sick sort of inevitability that the final year quite a number of Slyths would have been sucked right in that way, just by having teachers who would notice them before the other houses. Unfortunate that the example they were given once they were noticed and 'cared about' was such a bad one.

I've often wondered how hard it would be for Snape to watch that happening. Even if he could try and steer them the right direction surreptitiously over 7 years, I would imagine it also painful to know that he could do more if he was free to do so and that nobody else seemed to think it important to do so while his hands were somewhat tied. To watch that all play out among a different group of teenaged friends would not be pleasant in the very least.

Running off doing foolish things is such a sensible way to fight the Dark Lord but attempting to deprive him of future followers by showing a completely captive audience of Slytherins another way was not in the agenda of unsavory tasks Dumbledore asked of people? Well, of course not when he deprived them of the House Cup and everything else. They created a self-fulfilling prophecy.

So much food for thought.
Sage and Snape chapter 4 . 8/25/2016
Even sadder still...
Sage and Snape chapter 3 . 8/25/2016
Very sad in its way!

Then again in a lot of ways the Slytherins were at a disadvantage altogether.
Sage and Snape chapter 2 . 8/25/2016
I love how you're dissecting the Slytherin trio's relationship. It's a fascinating read!
Sage and Snape chapter 1 . 8/25/2016
I think I have a tendency to like anything which looks at Slytherins through non-Gryffindor eyes. It was always one of the drawbacks of the books for me. I'm not sure I like a Gryffindor eye view!

I also like the thoughts of friends growing apart as they get older. I think that's something most teenagers struggle with and very realistic to include. It makes an appearance in my fic too.
Anguis chapter 5 . 8/11/2016
I appreciate this fic for showing the human side of those who so often appear as mere caricatures.
badgerlady chapter 5 . 6/9/2016
Brilliant and heartbreaking. One of a kind.
tearsofphoenix chapter 5 . 6/9/2016
I like very much what you have done with this, and the fact that, having you started it before Deathly Hallows and then, today, concluded it like this is very meaningful. You saw something behind this boy then, and carried your insight until the end, giving to Crabbe what every person deserves, no matter what life has given to him or what have been some of his actions.
I like the poetry, it's a cry to existence and recognition of it, and as ever your style is beautiful.
Well done, and keep on writing all your stories :))
whitehound chapter 5 . 6/8/2016
Yes, most of them just did what their parents did. Only Snape and Dumbledore, Regulus and Andromeda seem to have made complex individual choices and/or gone against their family backgrounds. And Narcissa and Lucius, maybe, but in their case I think that their choice was always family over all, and they picked sides according to what they thought would most benefit the family.
Smiling Seshat chapter 1 . 12/13/2015
Interesting story.
Lunaliceazreal chapter 3 . 9/20/2015
I have tears in my eyes!
Lunaliceazreal chapter 2 . 9/20/2015
I wish draco noticed vin
Lunaliceazreal chapter 1 . 9/20/2015
Wow this is the most realistic portrayal of vin (: and great poem btw
NalaKaa chapter 4 . 8/3/2015
Who knew Crabbe was so poetic? I really enjoyed this and that you gave more depth to a character that was portayed as incredibly dense in canon. While it shall still be a sad ending for Vin, at least now his story has been told... Sort of.
MrsRegulusBlack123 chapter 4 . 1/30/2015
Oh wow... I've got to say that this was really interesting to read. I've never given much thought to Crabbe and Goyle but this story is really believable, I think. I also loved the fact Vin liked writing poetry by the way.