Reviews for Fading
Lisa O'Brien chapter 22 . 5/14/2011
I'm with the other past reviewers. You need to finish this story. I know how hard it is when you lose your way with a big story such as this one. I've got one of my own that's been dormant on my hard drive for years. You've done such a great job with the characters and the story, though and they all deserve not to be left in limbo. Especially poor Ryan.

I also have to say that I liked your Marissa in this story. She was true to the show, but she realized the error of her ways and had matured somewhat.

Please, please, please, finish this story!
Chiclete chapter 22 . 1/4/2011
Any chance of updating? I so love this story...
slimkay chapter 22 . 12/16/2010
It's like the umpteenth time I'm reading this fic, and I always find that the ending is too abrupt... which is normal since your story is still a work in progress!

Come on, we don't care about Marissa. You can kill her off quick and easy, like they did on the real O.C. (Season 3). We just want team Caleb, Sandy, Seth, Kirsten and Summer to pull Ryan out of his misery...

or if Ryan does not make it. I'm pretty sure you could pull off both quite easily.

You're such a talented writer. I am not exaggerating by saying that this the best fic - hands down - that I've ever read.

I don't cry often, believe me, but this fic has made me shed some tears many times. The power of words is often understated. I seriously hope you will consider finishing what is probably the most epic of all fics.

Judging from the number of reviews, I don't think I am the only one.

If you don't want to finish it, well, I want to tell you that you've done an amazing job, fellow Canuck (Sleeman!), and that I wish you the best in your future endeavors.

Kelcor chapter 22 . 12/5/2010
Well, I really hope you continue this story! The character of Marissa had turned me off this show, as well - but now you (and your story) have made me decide to give The O.C. another shot... I'll just do my best to ignore Marissa! LoL The great thing about fanfic is that you can make the storyline and characters do whatever your heart desires! :o) Don't get me wrong, I know all about writer's block and how difficult it can be to get past - but I still hope you'll continue this story! I especially love the Sandy/Ryan father/son moments and the Seth/Ryan brotherly moments... I'm just sayin'! *wink* :o)

kej chapter 22 . 5/27/2010
WHATS WRONG WITH YOU marissa has been dead three four years now its about time you get over her and finish this great story
caren67 chapter 22 . 2/20/2010
Please continue! Don't be done!
caren67 chapter 18 . 2/20/2010
I absolutely love this story so far! It is amazing. Most of the cancer stories are depressing, but I love how you incorporated the family aspect. Amazing Job
tcsportsmed7 chapter 1 . 2/9/2010
FINISH THIS STORY PLEASE! I know it's been years since you touched this, but it was so good and you just kind of left it hanging with hundreds of fans longing for more. Screw Marissa if you don't like her. Please don't stop writing this because of her character. Just ship her off somewhere, but please finish this amazing story-if anything for all of us fans who still love Ryan and the Cohens!

hope47 chapter 22 . 10/14/2009
I just read everything and I gotta say, all the actors are very true to their personalities, and their dialogue is exactly what it would seem like they would say on the show. GREAT job! it's so sad though :(

and I actually cried in some parts.
Theresa chapter 22 . 10/7/2009

Well I read ALL of this story the past few days, and I just wanted to say that I thought it was AMAZING! You are an excellent writer and you stayed in character very well. Moreover, you explained the medical aspect throughout the story rather accurately, which is impressive. Do you work in the medical field?

Moreover, poor Ryan (in all of his glorious angst)... he was BY FAR my favorite OC character (followed by Sandy, Anna, Seth, Kirsten, Summer, and Julie-haha Julie Season 3 and 4 that is). Honestly, for me the Cohens 1 were the heart and soul of the show. I agree that Marissa was annoying... she was one of my least favorite characters... and she didn't treat Ryan very well imo... or ANYONE for that matter.

Anyways, I hate to sound repetitive, but I truly did enjoy this, and so I thought it was worth a shot to ask you if you could finish it. I know this review is SUPER LATE and you probably have no more inspiration left, but is there any chance that will? Marissa doesn't have to be in the rest... I mean you can write some part where she tells Ryan some harsh things (because she becomes shallow and dreads his haggard appearance and lack of ability to go out, etc. and finds someone else to have "fun" with... tells him she doesn't love him anymore and breaks his heart causing him a lot of emotional distress or something... haha then she can be gone from the rest of the story forever. Okay that was probably a bad idea, but whatever). lol.

NEVERTHELESS, it would be REALLY great to see what happens to Ryan (if he dies, or ever recovers, how his appearance continues to change/worsen with the weight and hair loss and all that, etc., and how it affects his peers). I also REALLY enjoyed reading about how the Cohens reacted to his diurnal suffering.

It would also be cool to read about what it's like for him going back to school (maybe half days) if he ever gets to the point of remission... would the other teenagers mock his gaunt and hairless appearance or bully him? Take advantage of his vulnerable state? How would he deal? Would Seth finally be the one to protect him the way he used to protect Seth? Maybe Luke would protect him?

Take care!

And THANKS so much for a great story!

Much love,

Trixy2 chapter 22 . 8/6/2009
Dude I love this story.

I read the whole thing today! But I do need an update :D

Whatever you choose to end it with will be perfect. You've set up the plot beautifully and are a great writer! :)

Thx, hope to see more soon!

Panda Luff chapter 22 . 1/18/2009
This is still one of my favourite fics - just wanted to leave a comment in the new year! Happy 2009 )
sylvaniae chapter 22 . 11/1/2008
Wow, this is really an amazing story :) This really has a lot of emotion in it, but the subject matter requires it. Great job! Some grammatical errors, so I would suggest getting a beta. I'd love to beta, even though I do work kind of slowly because of college woes.

Please, please continue the story! I know the show is over and all, but this fic was kind of AU from the beginning. I would offer ideas and kicks in the ass if you need it, and I'm damn good at editing. Seriously, though, you can't completely abandon a story this long forever.
Joshtin8876 chapter 1 . 10/7/2008
I love this story.

The show is one of my favories.

When is it going to be updated?

I cant wait to find out what happens.

I want to see if Ryan lives or dies.
chiclete chapter 4 . 6/19/2008