Reviews for A Casualty of War
Sillimaure chapter 38 . 12/23/2005
Just thought I'd throw my two cents worth in. I have a tendency to prefer happy endings, so I must admit I was somewhat disappointed, however, having said that I understand why you did it the way you did. Revan does tend to lend himself to an unhappy ending by his life and actions. Hey, it's your fanfic after all!

The only plot event I had a problem with was Bastila 'finding another'. Bastila to me, lived for the Jedi and the code, and then for Revan when she fell in love. I think therefore, that it is completely out of character for her to fall in love with someone else. I could have accepted her wanting to have nothing more to do with him and returning to her strict, Jedi code inspired previous life. Like I said, it's your fic; I just thought it was somewhat out of character for her.

As far as your writing style goes, I think it's quite good. You have a way of creating dialogue that's very easy to read and evokes a real emotional response. I do think you focus on the dialogue to the exclusion sometimes of description. Looking at my writing, you might say I get a little too verbose. To each his own.

Anyway, my little quibbles aside, I thought it was well done and quite enjoyable on the whole. Now I just hope you finish Destiny's Knight II, Darkest Knight and Fall. I have really enjoyed all of them.

Keep up the good work!
Chiara Sholuk chapter 38 . 12/23/2005
Sorry bout that last review it won't let me writ e. See I have to write it like that now. UGH

Anyway's really cool story by the way, though what happened to the two Jedi apprentices that Revan as watching when Darth Whats-his-face came? Anyone that thinks this story sucks shouldn't read stories about war then should they. YAThanks for the awesome story,

Chiara
Typhoon99 chapter 38 . 12/23/2005
An amazing story, very fitting (if rather surprising) conclusion to it. I agree with your statements about not everything ending in a happy way and to be honest i believe this ending is most definatly the best way to do so, the entire overtone of the story throughout you've managed to keep with an overtone of despair and suffering which really works well and if you were to end it "happyily" or on "the lightside" like alot of people seem to be whining about i reckon that would just shatter how plausible the story sounds.

However i have to admit the loss of Bastila was something i didn't agree with, throughout the story there was the whole subject of the force bonds that where between the characters, and we all know that Revans and Bastila's was the greatest of all, and while yes in some cases 4 years might have been alot to wait, i still believe with the bond they had (in this case somewhat supernatural due to its force nature), Bastila wouldn't have nessicarily gone and sought "solace" in someone else, the pain of the losses she had suffered she may have just turned in on herself in despair. You never mentioned how bonds could be severed completely and i believe that would have been the case between revan and bastila, there would have always been something between them, i mean in the early parts of your story during Revans actual fall, bastila waited 4 years for him then didn't she? I always had the feeling that the something else she wanted to tell Revan in KotorII was more along the lines of she was pregnant or some suspicious happenings in the outer rim from the threat of nihilus or sion, or hell maybe to actually finally admit to revan she loved him rather than her finding another man otherwise i doubt they would have put her back in kotorII.

Darth Sidious's mention of Revan's final end is also somewhat obscure, this may be intentional i admit but it would be nicer if you could clarify a bit on what exactly happened.

Those are my only construtive critisims but otherwise i've got the say this is without a doubt the best FanFic i've ever read, I look forward to the developement of the others your working on (especially Darkest Knight)

And to be honest, those who complain about your dark writing and ending, why don't you challenge them to do better and write 144,0 words on their own version of it, to finally end this story must be a real achivement for you.

Cheers for an amazing story, its been a treat watching it unfold.
Dr. Masaki chapter 37 . 12/23/2005
Wow have you managed to draw out the flamers from the woodwork with this ending lol. Ahh well there's always a few idiots who just have to throw their two cents in. As for myself I think this is the only way the story could have truely ended and remained realistic in that I completely agree with you, a happy ending would have...been to corny and probably would have had ME flameing instead hah. Though I still want to know what really happened to Revan, Atris and the true sith. For those that MUST have romance. Atris and Revan together? Has possiblities its certainly more interesting than Revan and Bastila.
ANon chapter 38 . 12/23/2005
Amazing ending though I would have liked to know what happened to Revan and Atris after they left together but I suppose I can wait :) Also what happened to the ancient sith? Why did they never attack the galaxy? They had the power the means and the motive but it seems like they faded away and ran off without ever showing up, thats a rather large plot hole.
Chiara Sholuk chapter 37 . 12/22/2005
WOW! Great suprise ending. You know I perfect happy-go-lucky endings to. They're just too, not real. I can't wait to read your new series!
Brazilian Sith Lord chapter 37 . 12/22/2005
I gotta say that was completely disapointing. Revan and Bastila had a thing called 'a bond' if I wasn't mistaken, not to mention you completely overlook 4 years of writing material.

Then to end everything: sorrow. No one in the damned fic has a happy ending. Nothing. At all.

You looked like you wanted to continue this but was pissed off and kind of ended it all with tragedy. You can't expect us to like fic after fic ending the same frickin' way.

Just disappointing, man...
Nerwen Aldarion chapter 37 . 12/22/2005
I'm not surprised by this ending, I've learned that you just cannot make a happy ending. I think you are a talented writer but I am about ready to give up because I am sick of the characters either dying or going to the darkside. You never end the story the way it should, if you don't want to face people's wrath give them what they want, a happy ending.

Your interpretation of the game is very different then that was presented. In KOTOR II if you remember Bastila tells Carth that it had been four years since Revan left and that she was STILL waiting.

I am tired of the angst crap that you have been dishing out, can you EVER make an ending that I can smile over, instead of one that makes me want to slam the computer?
Jonathan Mark chapter 37 . 12/22/2005
You like bleak endings don't you?

I think I need to go watch something happy after reading this final chapter.
Gall-4185 chapter 37 . 12/22/2005
and thus it ends. I kinda liek that revan gave up so much for what needed to be done,and suffered like he 's always been one of those tragic heros in the SW universe
Darth Treya chapter 37 . 12/22/2005
This is one of the most amazing stories i have ever read. Please continue with the story told by darth sidious as soon as possible. I will say that you are one of the best authors on this website, and i hope that you continue Fall and Darkest Knight.
Neonai chapter 36 . 12/16/2005
Isn't it interesting how things tend to become more and more chaotic as the story progresses? More gloomy. Sometimes it seems this story has a life of its own, and you do a good job at keeping it in harmony. Good job so far. Update soon(er)

As for constructive criticism. One of the most powerful moments in Kotor for me was Malak's death. Up to that point Malak was nothing more that the embodiment of the antagonist in that story. Especially after he tortured Bastilla and turned her to the dark side, he was just the focus point of my hate. Nothing mor. An entitiy representing that dark side that I, Revan, Redeemed and trying hard to make amends, had to dispatch into dark oblivion. I was the good guy, he was the bad guy, simple as that. But when Malak opened my eyes that Revan had actually sent him down the dark path things took a different perspective. Both of them were evil and destined to die in Darkness. Revan had a second chance, Malak didn't. So the victory over Malak was as dry as could be. Revan had just dispatched his brother into oblivion, at the end of a dark road on which Revan had led him. Revan's redemption didn't mean anything, he had sent a soul to hell, and it was all his fault. The murder of a thousand inocents who die inocent cannot equate with sending a soul to hell.

So, when you managed to deal with that sensitive point and redeem Malak this story somehow spared Revan soul from that monstrous guilt. This was probably my favourite story twist in the SW stories so far. However, at the same time, it took out some of the...weight? of the story, some of its strength. Malak's death at the hands of Revan, though I dreaded it, was one of the most powerful points in the saga. Now it might seem that this story might fall into the clisee of: Happy ends, everybody's happy, all is redeemed, all is forgiven, Revan's fall to the dark side was without unforgivable consequences. So you might think of adding another dark sequence in the story to compensate for that. Revan's story is, if anything, a tragic one. He is destined to do great things, destined to doom and save the galaxy, but not to be happy, not in a warm peaceful way. That's why you might consider puting in something of a dark twist, like Bastilla, Malak, Exile dying, and Revan finding himself defeating the True Sith, but all things have ended. Or something among this line... something that would do justice to the phrase "End of all things".

Sorry if this was a long Review, couldn't help it. I just loved the story. Hope this helps.
xInuyashaxangelx chapter 36 . 12/11/2005
Hey, GREAT chapter, really liked how you kept everything flowing and amazed at how you were able keep things intresting at such a BORING level in the game (Peragus).

Really enjoyed reading this chapter, good job.

Update soon.
Revan The Great chapter 36 . 12/8/2005
Glad you finally started updating again. I had almost given up hope. I'm glad you're not spending 2 chapters on Peragus, keep up the good work!
Chaira Sholuk chapter 36 . 12/7/2005
This was so good. I was kinda confused about why Ian has to kill Malak and Revan
271 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »