Reviews for Strings
Izzyaro chapter 1 . 7/8/2013
This is brilliant! I agree; Kankuro is definitely one of the most underappreciated characters, but you certainly did him justice here. I like your analysis of the contrast between Kankuro and his siblings' styles, and your characterisation was excellent. Great job.
onlytoask chapter 1 . 6/27/2013
It obviously doesn't matter know seeing as this was published eight years ago and it's probably been years since you've even been on this site, but japanese words don't have plural forms. At least not the ones we use, I don't know about the language in general. So genin, kage, ninja etc. don't take on an "s" when made plural, they stay the same.
random-k chapter 1 . 4/2/2013
its a good point. i guess Kankuro was better at stealth and generally being a ninja. Those seem to be rare in the Narouto world. Better for them not to be noticed
Noradin chapter 1 . 6/11/2011
I like Kankurou and I think he makes a good ninja - better than his siblings and more usefull in a team, too, but I don't think he would make a good kazekage as he is now. As weird as it sounds a good Kage is somewhat of the opposite of a good shinobi. He needs to be noticed and Kankurou is too stealthy for that job.
AmaranteReikaChan chapter 1 . 4/13/2010
Haha. It's funny how things turn out, isn't it? Well, I think Gaara makes an awesome Kazekage and that Kankuro's happy being his assistant/advisor person. But no one ever said he couldn't go after Gaara did they?

I also think you depicted very well the difference between his and his siblings fighting techniques. Temari and Gaara's styles are very much in your face, for example, your not going to be able to blow someone away without them noticing.

I think you are a great author and you should definitely keep it up.
ncfan chapter 1 . 12/15/2009
To be honest, I've never thought that Kankuro would even want the job. He strikes me as being one who could work better behind the scenes, the proverbial "power behind the throne."
Futakuchi Onna chapter 1 . 3/26/2009
He should totally succeed Gaara. That would be awesome.

That said, very nice story, and you did a good job depicting the darker side of being a shinobi, which tends to get left out amongst all the blood 'n guts 'n stuff blowing up. I like this piece quite a lot.
Yami Vizzini chapter 1 . 7/16/2008
"Unloved" may be a bit strong, but Kankuro certainly doesn't get much attention, making this look into his thoughts that much more intriguing. Also, it highlights the difference between the mindset of Suna and that of Konoha; I very much doubt Leaf ninja are going to assassinate their own superiors' families as "warnings"! Only one thing; if this is before Gaara became Kazekage, wouldn't Kankuro be thinking about being the Godaime, not Rokudaime (unless he thinks his potential isn't quite developed yet)? Come to think of it, who's Kankuro's puppeteer here? It's hard to imagine a council or something being as paranoid as Kankuro's father. Eh, good job, at any rate!
Hyuchiha Ruki chapter 1 . 4/15/2008
I don't see fan fics that gives Kankuro the spotlight everyday. Usually, he's just some background character and I'm glad you made this fic!

-Grabs Kankuro Plushie then puts on 'I Love Kankuro' shirt on-

Go Kankuro! You know, he's hot. xD. He's in my top 5! Wooh!

I love Kankuro and I also love this story! Great Job!

BTW, Kazekage Kankuro doesn't sound bad... But Gaara looks better as Kazekage. Kankuro looks good without a headdress or make-up... or a shirt... Joking! xD
LouisaMB chapter 1 . 2/16/2008
I really liked that. I htought you portrayed Kankuro perfectly.
come-by-chance chapter 1 . 4/28/2007
i agree. he sacrificed his chuunin fight against shino in the chuunin fights too. hes more ignored than everyone put together. no-one aknowledges his talents, and they always complain that hes playing with dolls. they never say puppet...they never belive him. geez, does he have to DIE for someone to realise he exists? nice story, btw!
WHOCARES chapter 1 . 4/6/2007
ha, while im sure your a little put out that the current kazekage IS gaara. this didnt make me see kankuro as kazekage. This fic makes me seem him as more of a kakashi like ninja. The kind of ninja who will get any mission done efficiently and professionaly.
T0M Serv0 chapter 1 . 3/5/2007
Yeah, you're right. Kankuro should be Kazekage. Ah well...you can't always get what you want :P

Wonderful one-shot, however. You did very well.

~Snuffie
Relala chapter 1 . 11/6/2006
I love Kankuro.

This was an awesome fic!
Infinite Inficio chapter 1 . 7/22/2006
Yes! A Kankurou fanfic!

Kankurou is certainly different from his siblings, isn't he? ;)