Reviews for Subject to Change
Cluckster chapter 1 . 7/28
I've reread this story a thousand times. I love it.
Chp16-17:
Just wondering were you always planning on making Ms Lanai a high senshi or was she originally supposed to be Sailor Pluto? That's what I though when I first read the story, so when she introduces herself in 3rd season, I was all smug thinking I predicted it long ago - silly me! also, not sure if Zoicite and Malachite pairing is inspired by something from original manga, but later on you show that one of them was in love with Sailor Venus - I was always wondering if that's on purpose or a little oops moment in the plot :)
Ch. 10- 15
I like how slowly and gently you transform Serena and Dariens relationship from being enemies to friends. It feels very natural and not too rushed as it seemed to me in the series - in other words your goal of showing that Serena and Darien can be together for reasons other then their past reincarnations is going well!
Fav moments:
- the discourse on the length of Senshi's skirts :)
-Numa's crazy stalking plan
- Tuxedo Masks apology at end of chp 14 - sad but very truthful
TzM0525 chapter 10 . 3/28
Review for ch. 8, 9 and 10:
We are only 8 chapters into the story and the angst is begining to break out from between the lines :) And I love it - both your humor and the serious parts of the story! Because that's how it is in real life, comical and tragic moments interweaving into one strand of life, and how would we deal with all of it without some laughter! Some of my fav. tid bits:
- Assanuma being overprotective of Serena
- " ze Paris metro"
- we don't skip, we flounce with purpose :)
TzM0525 chapter 7 . 3/28
Review for ch. 6 &7 - I just can't say enough how much I like your characterization of Serena! You manage to stay true to her cheerful goofy self while also making her more mature and not insulting her intelligence. Someone told me that this is what they have done in the new Sailor Moon Crystal remake so I started watching it recently. Yes, they improved Serena slightly but I guess after reading your fanfic my bar was set too high :) And unfortunately it feels to me like they butchered characterization of all the other senshi in the process - I can't believe it, but I miss b*tchy Rei!
TzM0525 chapter 5 . 3/25
Ch.5 review:
When I first read the story, I used to think that Luna was also affected by the yuma and the reason she becomes so suspicious of Tuxido Mask and later Moon was because she was suffering from paranoia! Alas, as we later find out she is just being a B... :) I just love your Assanuma! He has been borrowed by other fanfic authors so much that I only recently found out that he is actually not from the canon (at least not the way you characterize him) .
TzM0525 chapter 4 . 3/23
Ch.3 feedback:
First interaction between Moon&Mask -yey! I like how your Sailor Moon is acting confident and capable, not like Serena. I was always surprised that in the show Darien had a crush on Moon while making fun of Serena even though they acted exactly alike - what made her attractive to him then, super powers?!

Rei and Ami are cracking me up!
TzM0525 chapter 3 . 3/23
Ch3 Review:
I always wondered if you had planned all along for Rei and Ami to be controlled by a yuma or was that just a part of the parody when you first began writing the story? It takes a turn for the serious rather unexpectedly and it looks like the plot just wanted to write itself :)
TzM0525 chapter 2 . 3/23
After writing my first post I actually went back and read some of the reviews left here and realized that this story doesn't lack long reviews, some long and rivaling in analysis :) If you still read these, you must wish that FF review forum had character limits like Twitter, so I'll keep these brief from now on!
What made me crack up about Ch.2:
-Serena's mom having a hard attack over her early awakening
-Serena gorging the wrong foot with her high heel (I would probably have done the same mistake!)
-and of coarse "MIDOL!"
TzM0525 chapter 1 . 3/23
I've read this story, all three seasons, at least 5 or six times by now, begining when I was about 15 years old. But I've never reviewed before because I was shy. Now I am on a mission to remedy that, I will reread and review ever chapter of every season. First and foremostly because your writing is awesome and you deserve to know that. And secondly because I am secretly hoping you still receive notifications when your story is reviewed and after a while it will annoy you so much that you will give in and finish the story (one can dream right :).
So here it is:
I love how your original authors note says that this story will be angst free and non depressing - how knew this "mini" series would become one of you most beloved works, right?! You could also see how your writing and humor evolves through the first season - now when I read a funny and well written fic I think "It's almost as good as STC!". I love Darien/Serena interaction - this was one of my favorite things from the original anime and why I lost interest after season 3, it seemed after they finally got together the spark was just gone. I like how you develop their friendship throughout the story and keep the teasing/arguing aspect of their personalities alive even after they stop being 'enemies'. I know this is beginning to sound sappy, so I'll end it here - till the next chapter!
Lily chapter 19 . 2/25
I liked it all, actually I didn't like it I LOVED IT YOU SHOULD BECOME AN AUTHOR IN THE FUTURE!
Lilian chapter 7 . 2/24
Okay look I love the story and all, but I don't like the CLIFFHANGERS! I'm sorry I yelled I have had the worst day ever and I have no friends I get bullied just because I act like a "daddy's girl". Your stories really brighten my day and I want to thank you for writing the stories!
midnightsnapdragon chapter 32 . 12/17/2016
- sorry. I pressed "Post Review" on #33 too soon and now have to message you from the previous chapter.
Anyway, as I was saying:
Luna became an oppressive, dictatorial, cruel character with a one-track mind. Ami spiraled into depression, her mother was abusive to her - I mean, forcing pills down her throat! Rei was so full of mislead rage. And Minako ... oh, Minako. I hated her attitude toward the reincarnated Senshi - how she was so disdainful, so high and mighty over them, how she thought of them as weak and shameful. I kept thinking at her: "They didn't even know their identities as Senshi until a few months ago! What do you expect?! Aren't you supposed to be compassionate toward them, as their leader and friend and sister?"
Don't get me wrong: I really liked your story. I just wish that you'd given us some closure at the end. I wish Luna had found out who had really killed Artemis and apologized to Serena for terrorizing her (preferably with copious amounts of shame and regret). I wish we'd seen Ami stand up to her mother and become less afraid. I wish that the misunderstanding between Rei and Asanuma was cleared up and that Rei realized that her grandfather loved her. I wish that Serena had done what she does best and healed the rifts between the three of them, and that they parted from the pages of your story as friends once again.
The thing is, I was /invested/ in Ami and Rei. Their stories made me sad for them. But what was the point of building up those stories if they weren't going to come to anything? Rei hops on a train and disappears, Ami buys a ticket for gods know where, and ... and then what? How can we just leave them like that? No closure, no character development, no happiness for either of them ... where is the justice, I ask you?!
*gross crying*
I'm sorry. This review is coming across as kind of accusatory. I mean what I say, though. Whatever qualms I have about "Subject to Change", I recognize that it must have taken a great effort to write it (over 200,000 words!) and I commend you for it. Thank you for the laughs, the feels, the suspense - and most of all, thank you for writing.
midnightsnapdragon chapter 33 . 12/17/2016
Okay. Well. I finished your story. You may have seen my reviews leading up till now (I binge-read it), or maybe you haven't, but honestly I don't think it matters. I need to put my thoughts about "Subject to Change" somewhere.
First of all: it is addicting. Like I said, I binge-read it. I just couldn't stop. The combination of humour with the darker "my friends have turned on me and falsely accuse me" situation ... I don't know, somehow it worked. I have some issues with the way you wrote Serena as over-selfless and Darien as having some fatherly traits when it comes to her, but other than that, I love their relationship in this. Their interaction in the food court with that little boy was adorable, especially when Serena was all "well if he has my wail, he has your scowl" and was completely unaware of what she was implying ... *amused sigh*
I always thought that this story would be as lighthearted as the first few chapters. But it wasn't to be ... Luna became an oppressive, dictatorial, completely discompassionate
midnightsnapdragon chapter 30 . 12/1/2016
Aw, I really liked his venture into her mind, her identity and all her thoughts ... I like that you did it without punctuation, like a babble, precisely how thoughts are. Also, remember the Coach's contract? My guess is that he will either make Serena join the gymnastics team ... or kiss you-know-who.
1,781 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »