Reviews for The Petals Unfurl

Scarlet Kratos chapter 1 . 8/18/2005
Is there anything more to say? You're a brilliant author. Period. _~

And Kraine rocks. XD
GIRL IN STORY chapter 1 . 7/31/2005
Brilliant, I think you got the characters down pat, and there was just enough fluff. Perfect.
Chiisarin chapter 1 . 3/24/2005
OMG...I never knew Raine could sound like a teenager! It's so funny yet adorable at the same time! You know...if you continued this, it would become a good Kraine fic...
Hamayu chapter 1 . 3/5/2005
I didn't review this yet? O_O *ish shocked* Well then, here it is!

I love stories like this, cute hintings are so fun to do, Ne? This was such a good One-shot! A lot of people like doing KratosRaine stories with the Sword Dancer in it, odd.

I don't think you've read the sequel to 'Angel', it has three chapters already, I would like to have your opinion on it if you'd please read it! Thanks!

Kya! Loved this One-Shot! XD
rice8369 chapter 1 . 2/12/2005
wow... !

that's actually very beautiful! i love ur story. although it is only one shot, it is still capture my heart. i even print it out so i can reread it. please write another kratos and raine fiction.. i just love their story.
Golden Emblem chapter 1 . 2/10/2005
That was pretty well done. I could imagine Lloyd missing that death blow, Raine casting Photon and falling face first to the ground...

Since you said you didn't deserve a 99% or 100%, I'll give you... 98%. Excellent.
Nameless chapter 1 . 2/10/2005
Why aren't you proud of it? It seems perfectly fine to me.

It's certainly better than my writing, anyway.

Raine may have been a bit OOC - she doesn't, to me, seem like the sort to be to proud to ask for help. And I don't really see her thinking of Kratos like this. She just seems to old to think of him quite like this.

But overall, I like the fic. It was not a waste of time! It was a good read.
LaraLuna11 chapter 1 . 2/10/2005
I enjoyed this fic. You show us Raine's point of view as a fighter, something rarely explored. I always read in forums and comments how "weak" and "boring" are the healer characters in games, even if their role is vital. The way she analyzes the situation and calculates how much energy she had left for spells and everything, the way she follows a strategy it's in character.

I also liked how she always wants to act tough and not let people discover her weaknesses. That's how she acts in the game, hiding everything, from her fear to water to the fact that she's a half-elf, abandoned when she was too young. I guess that after a life as hard as hers, it's understandable.

I don't like to grade fics with numbers, really. As for grammar and spelling, I don't see any mistakes (but I'm not exactly the ideal person to judge that). The characterization is good, even if I find a bit weird to see Raine blush at Kratos' actions (but that's because I don't see Raine as a character who would be interested in love as much as she's interested in ancient buildings). I loved the part with the clouds and how in the end she was taken to Izoold asleep. I'd be embarrased too!

Great job! Thanks for showing to us!
Story Weaver1 chapter 1 . 2/10/2005
I liked it a lot. The way you described how Riane felt when casting soeels and when she felted drained of mana was very good. I also liked how you displayed Raine's determinationnotto be weak and related it to her passion for archelogigy. The part with Colette,Lloyd and Genis looking at the clouds was cute.
CWolf2 chapter 1 . 2/10/2005
I thought you really captured the essences of the game in that first scene. I could actually see the battle taking place. As for your characters: In my opinion the characterizations were perfect. This was great Loved every second of it.
angel white chapter 1 . 2/10/2005
I think you should change it to say 'onesided K/R'. Because that's what it is.. it's not as if it's an actual fic about them. What some people fail to realize is that onesidedness does not a romance make. :P

I will not give you a grade on it unless I talk to you on IM about it. There seemed to be some strange lack of punctuation during the conversational bits, but that was the only thing that really struck me at being out of place.

It is amusing, though. What with the skeleton landing on top of her and all. I don't really see the corrolation between this fic and your other one.. mostly because you posted them up separately, and I read that one first, not knowing it was a companion piece to this one.

Hmm.. I can't think of anything else at present. I had something typed up last night, but my internet broke before I could submit it -_-
Ilvinaeda chapter 1 . 2/9/2005 wasn't half as bad as you thought. I guess if you really don't want that 99 or 100, I can give you a 98, because it was really that good. Anyhow, a few pointers...

1) I think that Raine was portrayed very much like I'd imagine her. She's really headstrong, and doesn't like to admit any sort of I can sort of understand her plight when she isn't able to do the simplest of things...and yeah, being a healer must be pretty tough. They need a particular sense of timing, and especially when you think on a realistic level, fighters are either healthy or down. Not much for an in-between...making a battlefield healer's job that much harder.

2) I like the idea of Kratos being a bit sympathetic. He probably was the most accurately portrayed in this particular fic out of the many stories I have read these past few nights. I feel that you grasped *his* persona perfectly; he is a father, after all, and although he doesn't like to be openly soft, he has his ways of showing he cares...many praises to you for that one!

3) If anything, I thought Lloyd kinda acted the most OOC. Especially after being able to deal with Colette, I don't think he'd actually be that impatient...especially about falling down. He seems like the kind of guy who would try to help everyone he could...not get impatient about it...I do agree that he'd want to get to these places as fast as he could, but I don't believe he'd ever say anything like that to his comrades. Sorry, but that one had to be said. Maybe that was the reason you felt disappointed...because Lloyd had to be the scapegoat for the meanness in this fic.

4) I think that you should also try a few fics from other characters' POV if you want to really improve. Try Presea or Regal, for instance...they're pretty hard to write about, and perhaps you can write something just as awesome as this! _ Maybe even Genis, if you get brave...he's the toughest in my mind. No one knows how he thinks, only what he thinks...

5) My last comment, as always! Keep writing!