Reviews for Memories of a Youth
PhantomFemme du Pantages chapter 1 . 5/25/2010
Awesome! Love it! I love how you always manage to make the Ringwraiths real characters who might even have regrets. It makes them so much more deliciously complicated than the two-dimensional villains they get to be in the books and movies. Rock on!
EpitomyofShyness chapter 1 . 4/14/2005
Wow... HOE DO YOU DO THIS? Will you please either make me hate them or pity them! This indecision is killing me! But I really mean it when I say you are the best.
Amashelle chapter 1 . 3/16/2005
Brilliant - that's all I have to say. Well written. You captured a side of the Nazgul few manage to capture (though I've tried, I don't think I measure up).
Elemmire2 chapter 1 . 2/27/2005
Generally an excellant poem; applause for an largely untouched subject; I've added it to my C2, Best Poems of Middle-earth.

A few phrases I think could be better done:

He spared no moment, spurred the beast, and oh how his blade sang!

This is unclear to me-did he unsheathe his sword, or fight?

And into the shadows he did fly, to flee it seemed, from light,

I would cut out "the" - the rhythm would move better

A battle they fight deep inside them, that no man has fought er before,

"er" should probably be ere or e'er

I answer you truthfully, and simple, and plain …I had but to look in his eyes.

I think the rhythm would be better here as either "truthful, and simple..." or "truthfully, simple..."

:),

Elemmíre
Gandalf -Dumbledore -Obi-Wan chapter 1 . 2/9/2005
WOW! that was REALLY good! only one correction:

you said "er," but it is actually spelled "ere."

VERY good poem, it is really hard to write ones that ryhme, and you did very well, AND made it long. that is REALLY hard... eep. think of poor henry wadsworth longfellow! his Paul Revere poem was like 5 pages long, and it ALL ryhmed. -shudders-