Reviews for Wounded
Thunder.Blade132 chapter 4 . 6/13/2014
Gah! That was beautiful. You did a wonderful job of writing that out, and I could just feel those moments of panic each character had. Thank you... This was a treat for me to find.
Golden-Neko-Of-Doom chapter 4 . 7/6/2010
Let me tell you, this little bugger took me absolutly AGES to find again. I read it a while back and a few months ago wanted to read it again after I rediscovered my Fy books (And my friends Dvds xD)

Needless to say, I am absolutly delighted to find that it hasn't been deleted as I first feared and that I was merely just overlooking it.

I love the way in which you have wrote this in Tamahome's point of veiw. It brings across his confusion and pain after the events in Kutou in a way that makes me sympathize with him. A feat indeed considering that by the 5th volume I had actually begun to dispise both him and Miaka.

So well done! You have now converted me into a Tamahome fan... Somewhat at any rate.

As for your portrayal of Tasuki. Your description of his feelings on the whole "Forgive and forget" situation involving Tamahome's tearful return home were perfectly how I pictured he would feel.

All in all, this is a fantastic read and a story I could see myself ever getting bored of.
Mercaque chapter 4 . 1/11/2009
OMG. THANK YOU! You have addressed everything that completely disturbed me about the "Tamahome beats the crap out of Tasuki" storyline - I thought it was a Crowning Moment of Awesome that Tasuki basically sacrificed himself for Miaka and Chichiri to get away, gets horribly beaten half to death as a result of obeying her order not to hurt Tamahome, and who thanks him? Nobody! Not even "nice, sweet" Miaka visits him! That gave me some serious moral dissonance when I was watching the show.

I absolutely, utterly love that you have portrayed Tamahome and Miaka without glossing over these negative qualities - paradoxically, by addressing them instead of ignoring them, you've made both characters much more three-dimensional, human and sympathetic. Tamahome's guilt and disbelief are powerfully felt.

I am also a massive sucker for hurt/comfort and the homoerotic potential of the rivalry between Tamahome and Tasuki, and on both fronts this story succeeded wildly.

Also, congratulations on giving Mitsukake a personality. I lol'ed so hard at "The infusion, of course."

Great fic!
Shiroi Misa chapter 4 . 7/13/2008
I was going through some of my older Anime DVDs to see what I could get rid of and somehow I started getting back into Fushigi Yuugi all over again.

I stumbled over this little gem and I must say I enjoyed it very much. It always seemed the everything had to be about Miaka, only Miaka, and no one else. Poor Tasuki was always getting hurt for the ones he cared about and no one really took notice until the Second OVA when he almost fried himself to stop himself from hurting his friends. And even then Nuriko ask Miaka if SHE was alright!

Anyway I really liked this take on the aftermath of the fight from Tama's Pov. You know, I never really thought about it but it does make sense, in a weird way, that he subconsciously tried to kill Tasuki because he was stepping in as Miaka's protector. Very interesting, and a great read.

Thanks for posting. (Shiroi Misa putting her FY DVDs back in the keep section)
Midoriyugi-chan chapter 4 . 1/16/2006
That was really sweet I loved it! It was so well written and had so many good points to it I could really understand or better yet feel Tama's guilt and that was so cool it's been so long since I've read a story this good I love how Gen-chan thought that Tama was his aniki it was so cute! Anywho Matta ne _
belle.nisce chapter 4 . 12/6/2005
Oh my god, apology accepted. That was well worth the wait. Brilliant, brilliant, brilliant is all I can say. I was screaming my lungs out at Miaka halfway through - she's so naive it makes me sick! The sad thing is she doesn't realize what she's done to all of the other seishi for Tamahome's sake.

You've portrayed this so, so, so beautifully I could just cry. I look like such an amateur compared to you. I love the details, love the emotions you invoke, love the humanity you've placed in every single character. God, I feel like I've just been placed behind Tamahome's eyes. I love Tamahome/Tasuki in any form. Thank you so much. :)
Everqueen chapter 4 . 12/6/2005
I had read the first chapter of this a long time ago, maybe the second, and was very impressed with the rest of it. I loved how Tamahome came to the realizations that the others matter and your opinions thru your writing on how Miaka ignores those that are not her beloved are also how I feel. Thanks.
MitsukiShiroi chapter 3 . 6/26/2005
A most interesting story ! I hope that you'll continue it soon!
aboh chapter 3 . 6/5/2005
This is so brilliantly done. You can't stop to amaze me, Aenisses. It feels as if this is the missing piece in the anime, the transition from the battle Kutou and the summoning. It's easy to sit down, watch the anime and accept how everyone seems to forget and forgive easily as if the betrayal of one is a breeze. Yet, it's something to see the characters act more human... with flaws. The conversation between Tasuki and Tamahome touches me and makes me laugh at the same time. Your writing again makes me have to stop and reread and ponder and worship.
ran chapter 3 . 5/7/2005
Oh please write soon. can't wait to see chapter 4!
KHutchinson chapter 3 . 5/5/2005
Excellent chapter, Aenisses. So excellent, in fact, that I want to give you the finest and most comprehensive review I'm able to give-particularly since I've been so remiss in reviewing before now. So, on we go!

I love your opening. It catches the reader's attention immediately, piquing both our interest and curiosity, and the subsequent lines deliver impeccably timed comedic punches that are genuinely funny and, of course, very-very true. My particular favorite is the line concerning backtalking Nakago when he's holding a whip, though there are many snippets of humor in there that made me laugh out loud.

And since comedy is unquestionably the most difficult genre, the fact that you use it so effortlessly and effectively is truly something to be proud of. Your humor has a light, ironic touch that doesn't feel at all forced or heavy-handed, and aside from being just plain funny, it also manages to feel "right" for the character and personality of Tamahome, which of course adds a whole new level of difficulty to the mix. Rather like juggling flaming batons while doing the macarena on a unicycle suspended over a pit of boiling lava, if you get my drift. Bottom line: you not only manage to do it, but to do it well.

Moving on... The interaction between Tamahome and Tasuki is perfect. Emotional, funny, natural...and so ridiculously and realistically complex. I love Tamahome's desperate denial of what Tasuki's telling him, as well as his ever-shifting feelings towards Tasuki-hesitation and uncertainty at the start; growing anger at Tasuki's insults and "lies"; brief, unexpected moments of understanding and friendship;

misplaced sympathy at the realization that Tasuki must just be "delusional" from his fever; confusion and fear as the fight's circumstances are slowly revealed; and finally, that soft and peaceful moment at the end of the chapter, when Tamahome finally accepts the truth of what he's about to hear and closes the distance, both emotionally and physically, between himself and Tasuki.

And speaking of Tasuki, his characterization is as strong, vulnerable, fascinating, and in-character as the previous chapter, complementing Tamahome impeccably. There's a real chemistry going on between the two of them in this scene, and that-as well as the spare-but-beautiful descriptions, natural dialogue, and smooth writing style-makes this chapter (and the entire story) a true pleasure to read.

So. Thank you, Aenisses, for putting your time and effort into this fic, and I'm sure I speak for all of your readers when I say that I hope to see more from you very, very soon.
Moonraven chapter 3 . 5/3/2005
I love Tamahome's opening lines. _. Okay, so I love the rest of his thoughts too but the beginning few paragraphs had me laughing out loud. _

Very touching moments you've written between the boys. Their friendship is quite unique in the series and I can certainly see that reflected here...at least a possible beginning of one.

Very cool.
belle.nisce chapter 3 . 5/3/2005
Whoa. That was pure brilliance. You've managed to capture Tasuki's character so well (his accent is hard to do!) and bring out his deeper side quite nicely. And Tamahome's dry humor keeps me laughing (especially the part about sucking lemons n_n). This is an awesome read - keep on writing!

if you like Tamahome and Tasuki, you should read my fic if you have time (called Soak: Seasick) thanks sweetie! _
KittyLynne chapter 3 . 5/2/2005
It always bothered me that the anime, and Watase herself never dealt with how Tamahome and Tasuki came to terms- but no longer. You've filled in that hole in an outstanding way.

Imho, this character gives remarkable insight into Tasuki and Tamahome and the complexity of their emotions in dealing with a hugely traumatic event. You've captured their voices and so perfectly, that it makes this story seem like part of the canon storyline. Your style of writing flows beautifully, and I love the tactile details you include.

I also found it an inspired idea to have Tasuki mistake Tamahome for Kouji; it's a great focus for humor, as well as a great springboard for the sharing of Tasuki's 'confidences'. (I was especially touched by Tamahome's realizations about Tasuki's feelings for Miaka, and Tasuki's revelations of why he joined up with Miaka, how he felt about Tama's family, and in subsequently watching evil Tama breaking Miaka's heart and then trying to kill her.)

Another thing I liked: each of your chapters builds on the next in a way that makes what is essentially an 'actionless' plot into one that's extremely suspenseful. You've obviously put a lot of thought into the pacing and construction of this conversation, and Tasuki's revelations.

I'm sure the next chapter is going to be a pivotal one. I will be looking forward to reading and reviewing it.

Best wishes,

KittyLynne
xXDraconisXx chapter 3 . 5/2/2005
Aww, I didn't know who Tasuki thought Tama was until this chapter (kinda slow .