Reviews for A Hard Place
FlyingFyreFlye chapter 14 . 10/18/2011
This is a really good story, definitely one of the best Thunderbirds fanfics that I’ve read in a while. The story line was original and kept me guessing which was good, I hate losing interest in a story that started out with a lot of potential and luckily I didn’t have that problem with your story. It’s also really well written, there are virtually no spelling or grammar mistakes and if there were any they weren’t big enough to take my attention.

There is only one suggestion that I would like to make (and you don’t have to listen to it if you don’t want to) and that’s just that I think you should change the summary. It really only fits in with the last chapter and I have to admit that I had bypassed reading it several times in the past because from what I read of the summary I just (wrongly) assumed that it would be fourteen chapters of John remembering time that he’d spent with his brothers in the past (which would only really be interesting if it was a one or two shot...) and I only ended up reading it because I really wanted to read a new John/Thunderbirds story and I couldn’t find any good ones.

Luckily I was wrong in my assumption though and I did thoroughly enjoy reading this once I started. You had me hooked from the first chapter _
DanceOfTheEnt-Wives chapter 14 . 6/24/2008
i love this story! john's the best! _ it inspired me to continue the story i'm writing (even though i haven't put it on yet) this story rocked
ThreeBlackRoses chapter 14 . 2/25/2008
Love it. I'll be back tomorrow to leave a full review...when I'm fully functional.

Eve
Chemical Girl chapter 14 . 6/20/2005
Wow. This is great. I was on the edge of my seat. I am glad that everyone is safe and sound though the sequel sounds like that is not going to last long.
nebula2 chapter 14 . 5/28/2005
Great epilougue! I loved the format that you used with jumping back and forth. It was a nice way to get into the future without going through the whole time. I thinking the jumping around was much more interesting and you did it in a way that wasn't confusing. Great ending.
zeilfanaat chapter 14 . 5/15/2005
A great epilogue! Love the little chats with all the brothers.

A cliff hanger while the story doesn't even have its first chapter up! That doesn't happen very often... but it's effective! Please upload that story soon! :)

And again, well done! Keep up the good work!
white rose01 chapter 14 . 5/14/2005
I thought that was a great ending to it, showing John with each of his brothers was fantastic. I also like how you've portrayed John as having a special bond with Gordon as thats how i see it as well. I really enjoyed this fic and I cant wait for the sequel!
Marblez chapter 14 . 5/14/2005
sequel sequel everbody loves a sequel sequel sequel everbody loves a sequel sequel sequel everbody loves a sequel sequel sequel everbody loves a sequel sequel sequel everbody loves a sequel sequel sequel everbody loves a sequel sequel sequel everbody loves a sequel sequel sequel everbody loves a sequel sequel sequel everbody loves a sequel sequel sequel everbody loves a sequel sequel sequel everbody loves a sequel sequel sequel everbody loves a sequel sequel sequel everbody loves a sequel sequel sequel everbody loves a sequel sequel sequel everbody loves a sequel sequel sequel everbody loves a sequel
Vorserkeien chapter 14 . 5/13/2005
*shriek* an epilogue AND a sequel? :D what've we been doing to earn a sequel? *grins happily* hmm ok, for the last time in this fic:

:D (times infinity to the power of infinity) heh I think that's about as high as I can go with those, gonna have to start again at the beginning for the next fic!

Vorserkeien :)
Kate K chapter 14 . 5/13/2005
Outstanding story! Wonderful characterization, and you utilized all the brothers and Jeff, which really makes the story so much more fulfilling. My only nitpick was the large blocks of paragraphs where dialogue and character actions/reactions were all thrown together, instead of going into separate smaller paragraphs-it's very confusing to jump from Scott's head into John's head and back to Scott's, etc.

Question-you had Scott go into his bedroom and "open draws"...are "draws" the same thing as "drawers", or does that refer to some specific type of furniture?

Now...loved the snippet for the next stoy and am eagerly awaiting it!
TheNotSoMutantTurtles chapter 14 . 5/13/2005
that was cool. loved it. hurry with the sequel-i'll go check for it now. sand thanks for reveiwing my story, i really appreciate it.
Antilles chapter 13 . 5/8/2005
mmph, like I'm that anxious to get to the stoory's end... and here I was, hoping for a spin-off from this one...anyways, I am normally not reviewing until I've read the lasst chapter, but, well, some stories are too good to pass by. Like this one - you really did it too realistic. keep the good job up

Antilles
IloveSam chapter 12 . 4/27/2005
E! I'm so sorry I didn't review yet! I've just been SO busy...but I'm here now, so no worries lol! And you are going to get a LONG review lol! :p

Ok so you posted 2 chapters and I didn't review them yet, so I'll start at chapter 12 and then review chapter 13 ;)

And OMG do I LOVE chapter 12! It's so sweet! Lots of Jeff angst! Thank you so much for that! Poor thing...I love the way you (finally) tell us about how scared he's been and how worried he is, esp. cuz it's John, and that he found it terrible to hear his son being beaten over the radio (well any parent would find something like that horrible, but it adds to the story that you tell us about it, I always luv details cuz it adds something to the characters. So great thing there!)

Then he is all proud of his boys, that's SO sweet when he looks at the portrays! A flashback like that (can I call it a flashback? Or just some musing? Well you know what I mean lol!) is so good to a story! It adds to the story a lot, the characters get more attention, we get to know a bit about their place in the family and how the family actually is, if you know what I mean...well I sound a bit vague but I mean to say that details like this are needed in every story, so that the reader can symphatize with the characters more...at least more than if there's just little or no building of the character. So I luved it! Also it's a good part cuz it brings some rest in the story, before continuing with the present. We had the hunt first and then the rescue, so some rest now is perfect before you go on! Very well done! ;)

I also love how you made Alan realise that he is taking advantage of John now and then, and that he decides that John deserves more time with his family as well...that also adds to Alan's character, he's definately doing some (much needed) growing up here!

The part in the hospital is just really sweet. I love how the brothers are trying to be there for each other and how they draw strength from each other, that clearly shows the strong bond that is between them! I have to admit you made me a bit worried about John's arm, I feared you were going to give him a lot of more trouble with that, but luckily you didn't do that in chapter 13, thanks! I think he's been through enough for one fic lol! ;)

I really love the extra strong bond between John and Scott that you mentioned throughout the fic. That 'heaven and earth' idea works so well! And I just go 'aw' all the time when they hug, and when John needs his big brother, that's just so sweet! So great chapter, I LOVE it! :D

Hahaha, only halfway now! ;)

I love Jeff's impatience you show in the beginning of the chapter. I bet he can't wait to finally see his son! Again, it's just a detail, but it adds so much to the story! Esp. all the worrying he does, because he doesn't know how badly John will look and all...very sweet, and natural too! He is his father, afterall ;)

But then, I already said that I luv angst fics, so I also luv it when they are worried! You showed that well in letting Scott watch John, almost as if he's afraid he'll disappear again, and also in the next part where Jeff hugs John but is really careful about his injuries! Great detail, so sweet! He hugs him and yet he makes sure that he doesn't hurt him in the process...I love that, shows so much that you're good in the details! In many other fics the author would have Jeff hug John really tight cuz he missed him so much, but they would forget that John was hurt and that no parent would want to hurt their child even more! So great detail again there as well! (gah...hear me ranting about these details all the time...but I just luv them! _)

The welcome is just really sweet in general! I love how they're all so happy to see him, and Scott too of course cuz he also got hurt, but they're careful nonetheless! Great little part! :D

The ending is also SO sweet! You made me go all 'aw' there! Poor Johnny! Good detail (STOP RANTING ABOUT DETAILS, ILOVESAM!) that he has nightmares, that is only to be expected after such a traumatizing experience! And then of course Scott is the one he needs, because of the strong bond you showed between them. It's such a sweet part, I totally loved it! That end is perfect, also because it is the bond between John and Scott that is central in this fic, so it's only appropriate that it ends with that bond as well.

It ends! I can't believe the fic is over now! *cries* But on the other hand, it's perfect like this...afterall, the story is over now! And Johnny is save! *cheers for you for not killing him!* A spin off or sequel would be nice though, I'd love that! But it's not necessary for the story, I mean, it's perfect like this! But I'd luv a sequel, yes! ;)

So...thank you so much for writing this! It was great, and I loved reading it!

*gasps* you know, I read more of your stories before this one and I don't think I reviewed those! So maybe I might do that later...in any case I'll be watching for your new stories cuz I love them!

*hugglez* IluvSam
barb from utah chapter 13 . 4/19/2005
I really enjoyed this story. It was always moving in a different direction but not disorganised. I do hope you do a sequel.
nebula2 chapter 13 . 4/16/2005
Great story. Loved the way you ended it. Kind of wrapping it up while also leaving room for a sequel if you want to do one. I also think you handled the reunion very well and loved the part at the end with John and Scott. Very touching.