Reviews for Harry Potter and the Year of the One
Cztelnik chapter 31 . 10/30/2016
I liked the plot and that Draco and Snape were helping. It was hard to keep up with the constant turmoil, only magical healing could have restored so many and it really pointed out the nonsensical oddities for plans that Dumbledore propagated that exist in JKR's canon. Hard to believe something was that long ago and still so much fun today. Good stories!
Guest chapter 31 . 9/18/2016
Despite a few bothersome issues a couple chapters back, this was a really strong ending. Very satisfying from the moment Harry was separated from his friends and faced Malfoy Senior. Loved his demise! Loved the Snape reveal and all that followed. Pulling a cauldron out seemed a tad of a stretch in credibility since it was only luck that the death eaters had been distracted away from the arena. Otherwise Snape would certainly not been able to fend off attack and produce the potion. The actual falling away of Voldys body parts was really funny and strangely believable. Hilarious that his jaw fell off denying him the ability to utter a curse. It was a great ending for him as he was so aware of what was happening to him. Always good to see him get his just desserts. After he died though, his small part soul rebelled big time inside Harry trying to hurt Harry, but it was never resolved as to what happened to it. Still there or did it die?
Guest chapter 22 . 9/17/2016
Although I am certainly enjoying the writing, I am disappointed with the continued overuse of polyjuice, port keys and poison. Once or twice, ok, but this is getting ridiculous. What happened to the signals? Since polyjuice has been used so often, why don't they use some detecting spell or something. It's overdone. New more creative attacks plz.
Guest chapter 12 . 9/16/2016
That was tilting towards unbelievability. Love potions are so common, things silly girls use and antidotes therefore easily available. It doesn't feel like a viable solution even though it may add drama to the love story, but stretches credibility too far to enjoy. It also sadly taints Harry and Ginny's first kiss and developing relationship. Plus why would Pansy blow it by showing everyone in the Great Hall? She had him and could have controlled him in secret, made him sneak out to meet her. The whole scenario seems kind of dumb with no real point.
nayin1704 chapter 31 . 8/17/2016
Okay
lkpenney chapter 15 . 7/24/2016
I love your writing in this story! You'really dialogue and writing fits the characters Rawlings created perfectly. You have made both tear up at times and laugh out loud so much that my daughter wanted to read the page. Thank you for your wonderful twist on the Harry Potter cannon.
sunil.changrani chapter 11 . 1/21/2016
Alright you got me with the "Dobby will go wherever Harry Potter goes."

Brilliant idea.
facesofglass chapter 5 . 12/30/2015
Hey! Did you realize that the list of tortures Harry described were in alphabetic order? Just a funny thought! Great story! Thanks!
Guest chapter 31 . 12/10/2015
Really Good! Just one thing about the marriage proposal... you do remember Ginny is in her fifth year, which means she is fifteen or sixteen?
sylvelle chapter 20 . 5/3/2015
Well if Goyle is dead, was Dumbles lying about him being under lock and key and 'safe'
Interesting.. So Goyle was 'Greed' and Pansy was 'Lust.' so I just need to figure out the rest.. Zambini is probably anger, hmmm
Thanks
Tricia
sylvelle chapter 12 . 5/3/2015
Good work on the love potion from Pansy but, isn't there a potion to reverse a love potion. Used for Ron by Slughorn when he ate candy meant for Harry.
Yeah not happy about killing poor Dobby, but an interesting way to keep him involved.
Tricia
GINNYK.A.B chapter 3 . 2/8/2015
Most writers are totally lame but the is awesome whoop! Whoop
Guest chapter 26 . 1/23/2015
I dont remember Malfoy doing that in the prequel to this.
Mad Elf chapter 20 . 10/30/2014
Congratulations! With one phrase you've managed to permanently change Seamus' accent from Irish to Scots in my mind.

The Irish don't pronounce "window" as "windae".

Other than that, this has been very entertaining and well-written so far. Good job!

I'm hoping that karma will catch up with Vernon eventually. He certainly shouldn't be getting a new house in payment for his betrayal.
Guest chapter 31 . 9/26/2014
A well written and satisfying end to your tale with several entertaining vignettes throughout. I especially enjoyed Snape toasting Lucius. However, Voldemort's character was underdeveloped, and the speed of the story and overuse of schemes to constantly endanger Harry damaged the