Reviews for London Town
kaitlynchosenisme chapter 1 . 7/6/2011
what a great story. i wish i couldve seen when the Queen met Kim and Ron and how would Kim react when she met Prince William? hmmmm... oh well. great writing, the imagery was wonderful (of course now i want pancakes.) i loved ernie and Mabel i wonder if they were married? so many questions that spurn off of this story, that's good writing v

-Kaitlyn
Muzzlehatch chapter 1 . 11/28/2008
I read about half of this story a few months ago, was interrupted, and then lost it. Rediscovered "London Town" today and finished it. Really lovely. Good show!
LTAOZFAN chapter 1 . 8/23/2008
I wasn't on this website when you put this up, Captain, and I only just read it, so, sorry if these remarks are "chronologically challenged." Anyway. A good story, nicely written and showing Kim & Ron in a relaxing, post-mission time of rest. I have been to London five times myself, and I agree with Dr. Samuel Johnson, that when you are tired of London, you are tired of life, because everything you need or could want is in that city. No wonder Kim & Ron had a marvelous time there.

But, to your story. You did this just right, with Kim & Ron getting a very proper reward for some (for them) ordinary heroics. However, there should have been a professional photographer present at the hotel to take pictures of Kim & Ron in their finery, seperately and together. Monique would never forgive Kim for not getting a picture of her in her dress for M., and certainly Anne and James would want a copy. (So would Ron!) And what about a picture of Ron in his tux for the Stoppable's to admire. (And Kim, of course!)

Perhaps it comes from reading Robert Heinlein's "Double Star" recently, but I have the definite feeling that Her Majesty asked for Kim's & Ron's autographs before their audience was over.

I know that the Parliament clock tower is now generally called "Big Ben," and many people think that the clock is named "Big Ben," but, as Sportin' Life says, "It ain't necessarily so!" Big Ben is not the clock tower, and it is not the clock. Big Ben is the 14-ton bell that the clock strikes the hours with. There are also four smaller bells that chime on the quarter hours. Commander R. T. Gould explained it all in one of his radio talks back in the 1930s, and it was published in his book, "The Stargazer Talks" some years later.

Thus, Kim & Ron could not be "under the lights of Big Ben." But they could hear the sound of the big bell striking the hour. I have, and it really is impressive!

In any case, I enjoyed reading this story, and consider it one of your better works. When another idea for such a gem comes along, sir, please write & post it!

LTAOZFAN

"Them's my views, amen, so be it."

"Treasure Island," by R. L. Stevenson
Shannon chapter 1 . 8/1/2005
That is my favorite picture that he made. I love Rainy London Night. This is by far the best work you have ever done (To me). I loved it loved it loved it. Great job!

Always,

Shannon
alicialipsky chapter 1 . 4/25/2005
so cute.
JuPMod chapter 1 . 4/15/2005
How romantic! I love this P/R fic! I happen to also love your artwork that goes along with this fic! Great job! :)
Gundum M chapter 1 . 4/12/2005
i already like this. but could they realy get away for even that long?
Doug4422 chapter 1 . 2/16/2005
I have seen the picture that you used as a reference for this story, and YOU NAILED IT!

It was a well written story all around, and matched up with the picture so well, it seemed as if the two were conceived by the same person, although I know otherwise, you did a good job, this one's going on my favorites list.
Lonestarr chapter 1 . 2/14/2005
Terrific story. Very lovely and wonderfully descriptive.
Intrepidwarriors chapter 1 . 2/13/2005
Great story idea. i reckon they deserved a vacation...and what a vacation. i'm thinking of saving the world myself if i can get that kind of treatment. great one off!
SHAWN PROVONCHA chapter 1 . 2/12/2005
THIS WAS A REALY GREAT STORY .
goofmore chapter 1 . 2/12/2005
Me can see this... Me really likes this one!
GargoyleSama chapter 1 . 2/12/2005
Trust me, I know all about stories turning out longer than you first think they will. Wonderful wonderful diversion for the two of them.
ToxicGalaxy chapter 1 . 2/12/2005
This is so cool! I was going thorugh DeviantART KP pics, and I saw that one, I thought it was wonderful. Then when I saw the summary for this...I knew it sounded familiar! This was so great! I love it.
continental-line chapter 1 . 2/12/2005
It was nice to see Team Possible to take a break. (Other than an arm or leg!) This is a pleasent story. (I was expecting the escaped MF and his monkey ninjas to attack from out of the woodwork.) I was pleasently surprized in the way the story went. An attack would have been obvious and expected, the reward was not.

One question: Do they get to keep the suit and dress? If so they will be the envy of the other students at the Prom. Monique would love it and Bonnie would hate it. 8)

-Bill Ponder