Reviews for Not Going Anywhere
Werecat99 chapter 1 . 3/8/2005
I liked that. I sensed a touch of black humor in it, staring from the title. It certainly is a different take on Silm, which I always enjoy.

Good work.
Avalon Estel chapter 1 . 2/28/2005
Interesting. The comparisons are unique, and are correct in their metaphors. Well-written and thought-provoking, and the word choice was simple and hard-hitting. Wonderful, wonderful job.

P.S. - Thank you for reviewing "Forgotten". I realize that Elwing returning is WAY off course, but I saw this drawing of her hugging Elros while she had her wings, and I was inspired to write that piece. I'm glad you liked it!
RavenLady chapter 1 . 2/24/2005
*shudder* What a comparison. I like the simplicity of this . . . it's more haunting that way, somehow. And the repeated lines really hit me.
Noldo chapter 1 . 2/19/2005
And here am I.

This was strange-and-good. I think, personally, that it wouldn't have worked so well in a more complex form. You've got it just right. :) There's something almost haunting about the repetition, and the matter-of-fact way you've put it, and the final effect is amazing. Brava!
Otto's Goat chapter 1 . 2/18/2005
Ah, well, here I am.

I think this would not have worked if it were not so simply put... by simply, I mean without all the extra adjectives and adverbs and all the other things that usually fall inbetween.

And I agree with Narmir- there's something so wonderfully morbid about this; the fact that she's thinking about her past and her future, and speaking (maybe) outloud without all the wails one would expect. I love how she's fixed on "...And he loved me" as well as "...Not going anywhere"- it's like she's repeating it over and over again and not realizing it.
perelleth chapter 1 . 2/17/2005
Beautifully strange. Liked it a lot. I've been toying with Finduilas for some time, for my Last Goodbyes series, but... I gracefully bow and concede defeat. Superb!
Evenstar Elanor chapter 1 . 2/15/2005
very interesting. never thought about it that way, but now that you mention it, it's true. Good and ironic comparison of the two, though I really didn't like the language/word choice of the poem.
The Bookbinder's Daughter chapter 1 . 2/14/2005
Heh. I like how casually morbid this poem is - it reads like the sort of idle contemplation suited to someone who is 'not going anywhere'.

And I do love the image of Gwindor being a tree, "alive, growing, spreading".