Reviews for Handmaiden
cbprice25 chapter 1 . 3/23/2005
"Metal maiden" I always liked Cally. Good job!
Quinndolynn chapter 1 . 2/26/2005
Yay! Cheers for Cally! And for you! For giving her the story she deserves!
Melpomene blue chapter 1 . 2/18/2005
Very good. It's a nice change to see others from the perspective of a less headlining character, although I do like Cally quite a bit. Good characterization.
sangga chapter 1 . 2/17/2005
hey sis! you know i gotta write and tell you how much i love this: my favourite parts are 'tiny hairline crazing across the brittle ice' (lovely) and the part about cally being part of the furniture (the handmaiden at the temple - unobserved, always observing) and the part where she decides that 'the rising volume from the lieutenant decides her - she switches it out' (good call!) you have a really deft touch, a great eye/ear for the characters (a gift born of a thousand repeated viewings, i'm sure!) and a quick and clever phrasing which i love. more of same - and soon! love e
theriversoul chapter 1 . 2/16/2005

That was lovely.

I have no words for how jealous and envious your story has made me. You’ve captured Cally just as I’ve always pictured her in my head. You’ve given depth and warmth and it’s beautiful.
Innogen chapter 1 . 2/14/2005
Wonderful POV piece on Cally! Cally is an awesome character.

Madj chapter 1 . 2/13/2005
This is a nice little piece. Cally is just sort of an interesting character, and after the whole ear-biting thing, I think she's awesome. It's fun to see the BSG world through characters besides the show's main characters, and Cally is a great choice. Thanks for sharing this.
ChristalSteele chapter 1 . 2/13/2005
This is an excellent story. A very beautiful story about Cally. I can't say enought. I like this very much an very good job.
Darlian chapter 1 . 2/13/2005
"She took an oath to serve…

She’s a metal maiden."

Neat! Refreshing, original, I liked it.
Battlestar Fan chapter 1 . 2/13/2005
Nice story about Cally. She's a nice character on the show and hope to see more about her. It would have been intersting to see some thoughts from Bastile Day when Cally was shot. Great little short.