Reviews for Hostile Takeover
Smiling Killer chapter 7 . 12/6/2009
This has to be the most suspense-filled fic I've ever, I mean ever, read. Wow. You're pretty good I have to say. Beautifully written and well-thought.
ME chapter 5 . 6/29/2007
What's A Lorry?
GuesssWho chapter 21 . 2/4/2007
Yes, the Joker has forever . . .

Cool idea, really.
GuesssWho chapter 14 . 2/4/2007
Of course! A madman in the Matrix would be even more powerful than Neo! He could do ANYTHING!
ArmoredSoul chapter 2 . 4/5/2006
Mixed with the Matrix, huh? You know, that damn movie gave me nightmares for weeks. But then, I was also maybe, oh... 8 or 9 years old at the time.
Joe Jim Joe Bob Jim chapter 21 . 7/25/2005
The story was good, but the ending was horrible.
cmar chapter 21 . 5/21/2005
I like this ending - and I'm glad you took this to the natural conclusion of seeing Bruce's life outside the Matrix. Of course there's the possibility of his going back in on a mission at some time, perhaps when Neo arrives...

Liked the sections of dialog very much - the one with Alfred brought up the aspect of Bruce the millionaire now living in poor surroundings very well. And the exchange with the Joker was amusing. (Mandatory purple pants!)

All in all, great job!
Connie chapter 1 . 5/11/2005
Ok, I'm not a very good reviewer.

I loved your mix of action and humor and characterization. Joker was most certainly Joker in all his comments.

I love your style and there were no glaring faults except one. The Matrix. Using the same dialog as from the movie made Morpheus sound hollow and boring. If you ever do a rewrite, that'd be all needing changed. Although I did love the replies to it ("I don't do drugs" LOL).

One of my favorite images is Bruce standing at the window, everyone else ducking down, and it's bullet proof. Hehe.

Anyways, liked the story overall so far and I plan on stalking you for some time :)
rath malone chapter 20 . 4/28/2005
Senting the story before Neo's arrival, good call. Allowing Batman and Tim beating Morpcheus and Trinty nice touch. Even Batman falls on his first time.
cmar chapter 20 . 4/27/2005
Very nice action in most of this chapter, and again Tim came across very well in his loyalty to Batman. Also the part at the end, showing Batman's refusal to let anyone be killed, was very in character. Great work!
cmar chapter 19 . 4/25/2005
Every scene here was good - I liked the contrast of the horror of the 'ghost' Batman and the Joker's violence, with the very humorous 'IT' scene. Great suspense towards the end of the chapter, too, and I got a strong sense of Tim's and Alfred's loyalty to Bruce/Batman as they struggle to save him.
cmar chapter 18 . 4/21/2005
Very nice writing of the Joker, and a good twist to the story. Also I again liked your brief but vivid portrayal of a minor character.
NTwebguy chapter 17 . 4/20/2005
Nice twist in the story! Looking forward for more.
cmar chapter 17 . 4/19/2005
I was very impressed by the description of Robin's emotional reaction here - very touching and detailed without going overboard.

Also the twist at the end was fun and chilling and a cliffhanger... very nicely done!
cmar chapter 16 . 4/19/2005
Some great action, and a nice cliffhanger (again). I especially like the image of the Batmobile being thrown around, and the description of the damage to it, very visual.