Reviews for The Angel of Music
whitesheets chapter 9 . 3/9/2008
This probably has to be one of the best fic of this fandom I've ever read. I see that the last time you've updated was a long time ago but I must say, it'll be a terrible waste if you leave this unfinished. This is a brilliant fic! It was difficult to keep up with the emotions but in a way, it was brilliant because of that. I really, really, really do hope you'll continue this! Good luck!
AnonyMiss J chapter 9 . 4/20/2006
Such a beautiful story, such a way with words you have. I've spent the night reading it, all of it, and I hope that you will continue. Please. What wonderful writing. Thank you.
Snarky.Kitty.Dahlinz chapter 9 . 10/21/2005
wow... great story! i'm wondering where this'll lead... do update soon! tnx!
Demon-In-Me chapter 9 . 10/15/2005
Bravo, Author. This is quite enticing. I hope to read more soon.

D.I.M.
A. Morton chapter 9 . 8/20/2005
Absolutely amazing. You do a fantastic job of making the characters act like themselves. I'm adding this to my favorites, and I can't wait for the next installment.
MarieEri chapter 9 . 7/10/2005
What a moving chapter, aeipathy. You have me so caught up in this story—I am a willing victim to both Giry and Erik and their sad tale.

You have handled their exchange with such dignity—Erik’s outburst, Giry’s compassionate kiss—everything seemed so right for the moment. I am truly in awe of your ability to capture emotions and make them so tangible for the reader.

I cannot wait to find out what happens next—well done!
Tango1 chapter 9 . 7/8/2005
This is such an off-beat story! Really interesting take on the dynamic between Erik and Mme Giry. It's decidedly creepy, the way Mme Giry starts off thinking that Erik is going to be sort of her pet project, and somehow she comes to resent him for that while needing him to remain it, at the same time. Very cleverly done, especially the part where she tells him he can't go up into the light because of his face, and it's clear that she kind of wants to keep him down there, for her own sake too, not just for his. Yeouch. Now that's twisted.

I found the transformation from Erik to Phantom completely credible. His sense of bitterness and anger is very real, and understandable in part, because obviously he could not have known whether Giry would return at all. The ordeal he puts her through with the guessing game about Meg is perfectly terrifying, and at the same time, believable.

I particularly like the contrast between his mask and his face: he tries to wear this perfectly controlled mask, but the reality is very different!

I'm very interested to see the rest of the story unfold.
Marla Sharp chapter 9 . 7/5/2005
This was a literal masterpiece of writing! Intricate and frightening, this is everything that IS Erik. Toast to you!
TheGodMachine chapter 9 . 7/5/2005
This chapter is really heart-felt. Poor Erik
Bohemiancane04 chapter 9 . 7/4/2005
This is beyond amazing. Incredible. I can understand why this was difficult for you but it was well worth your effort. The emotion, the pain in this scene was just heartbraking. You should be proud of yourself
Marla Sharp chapter 8 . 7/1/2005
Made me shiver-superb! You capture characters so delightfully.
MarieEri chapter 8 . 6/20/2005
Oh my goodness.

What a cliffhanger! Erik really does seem so much colder than the last time we saw him—what a chilling last line.

I was immensely pleased to see the clever ways you weaved Giry’s returning presence in the opera house. None of the details of this character seems lost to you, and I truly enjoy the history you are giving her (and the other characters as well).

I hate to beg, but please do not keep us waiting long for an update—I am so curious as to what will happen. :)
BohemianCane04 chapter 8 . 6/20/2005
AAH! Love that cliffhanger! Hey no worries your updates are always interesting! Omg I can't wait to see what happens!
Dernhelm chapter 8 . 6/20/2005
Ou. Read it all today. I do occasionally find a typo (mostly spacing errors) or grammar error, but still! Wo...

Update... now... *twitch*
mystique chapter 8 . 6/20/2005
Hi. ))

I'm only fifteen and yet I can say I'm a BIG FAN of Phantom of the Opera! :))

Your story so far is very well-written, it captured me and made me stick onto it till the very last word. Keep writing, I want to know more soon!

Rock on.