Reviews for The Sun Also Rises
LinBao chapter 1 . 12/11/2012
I know its old, but I adored it. great ol fanfic. :)
scryoko chapter 1 . 4/25/2012
Oh, I love this, especially that Raven and Robin were very in character here. And the dialogue was superb. Thank you for sharing.
softballtitan009 chapter 1 . 3/7/2005
Oh, wow... That was so beautiful...*wipes a tear* Wow...
Xrara chapter 1 . 2/22/2005
Good starting-chapter;definitely expand on and continue the bond and LOVE between Robin and Raven. Robin/Raven forevermore! I don't know who goes with Starfire...maybe Aqualad?...though I don't like or approve of the titans east (they're not worth capitalization). Anyways, continue, and update ASAP! Thanks and best regaurds,

Xrara

(_EnterIfYouDARE_)
Rose Eclipse chapter 1 . 2/17/2005
"The Sun Also Rises". A fitting quote from Ecclesiastes, I believe, for a fitting piece about consolation after Raven fears doom. Wonderful.
Killer Moth chapter 1 . 2/14/2005
Birthmark *was* good. Had some flaws as it would with Slack at the helm but quite, quite good (I think X is his best work but I'm digressing).

I have to admit, from what I saw, your narrative of Raven sounded a little too forced. Raven thinking, it's not as hard but I think you pushed the "I'm doomed forever!" panic shtick just a bit too much. Raven would resist but at the same time, she knows her role and the realism that *can* happen, just like in the past. Her comic past anyway.

She'd just be more quiet and mute about it and simply suppress as best she could. But if it got out, it got out. Just here, a little too *loud* and obvious. Rather distracts the message on the whole.

Narratives, they're a tricky bunch since we don't know what's inside their heads. You look at the evidence and make your best guess. Just keep practicing and watching the reruns. It takes quite a while to perfect, believe me (written more than my fair share). But given your past work, you can certainly do it.

But...where as the narration failed, the banter shined. It was wonderfully written as the birds came closer and Dick used his past with Batman to further illustrates his point of resistance (which was well written and props to you for pointing this out so well). A wonderful mixture between subtle and obvious (thanks to the mindmeld).

And the urge for her to pull off his mask was quite delicious.

The ending was better written than the opening so it balanced a bit.

Overall, a mixed friendship piece with weak (for the most part) narrative but well done banter.

Just keep working on those narratives. You'll make it. Take care.
MightySSJWarrior chapter 1 . 2/14/2005
"The Birthmark is awesome! I can't wait for the next one.
missBENNETT chapter 1 . 2/14/2005
o...good fic!'Birthmark is my fave episode.I have it on me,I've watched it enough to say your fic would be a perfect alternate ending .I wish you would write more!
Daseer chapter 1 . 2/14/2005