Reviews for Run
sha0 chapter 16 . 12/15/2019
YES! He finally said it! 3 3 3
sha0 chapter 12 . 12/15/2019
Miles must of felt guilty about Helga.
sha0 chapter 10 . 12/15/2019
I'm starting to not like this Miles. I'm not okay with him seeing Helga as some sort of villain or something.
Ssgamer chapter 13 . 1/7/2018
Sombra Shadow
La The
La Sombra The Shadow
Ssgamer chapter 8 . 1/5/2018
Your wife is right man, I mean, if it was 'teen angst' or some shit like that, then the farthest she would run away is too the next state, tops. But if she had to go into a different continent, there MUST be something wrong with her home life.
Ssgamer chapter 7 . 1/5/2018
OK even if that was a little funny, SUICIDE is not a joke!
Ssgamer chapter 2 . 1/5/2018
Bob is a hoe
MeliSalcidoYT chapter 20 . 5/22/2016
This was a really beautifull story. It was really nice to see these characters evolve after all these years. I really love the link to real life, the strong character building, and imagery. The new movie in 2017 should tie some loose ends, and I really love the ending.
heyarnoldfangirl chapter 20 . 9/29/2015
I like that you focused the story on San Lorenzo and still included a bit of Helga and Arnold on the side a lotnof it was pretty realistic and I applaud that. Overall this is really good
Scruff the Rat chapter 20 . 4/7/2014
Amazing what sort of feats we can accomplish out of boredom and insomnia, isn't it?

This wasn't just a journey for Helga and even Arnold, but us readers too! All these subplots, details, and realism really give this story a unique flavor. As much as I enjoy well-written Arnold x Helga romances (and trust me, they're out there), I also applaud writers who branch out and give characterization to lesser developed characters or even, in this case, places.

To be honest, Marcelo reminds of an Hey Arnold OC I have myself, only difference is that Marcelo's actually seen a piece of the world for what it truly is, flaws and all. In fact, I found his presence very inspiring since he's been through so much yet still keeps his childish enthusiasm. He's kind of like Arnold in a way.

And Mona, as well; I really enjoyed the scenes she shared with Helga, especially when she comforted her after that one unfortunate patient's death. Her grandmotherly role to our favorite blonde really demonstrates that Helga can defined as a character without Arnold having to be a part of the equation every time.

Elsewhere, there's so much else I could say about this story that I don't know where I could start without sounding like a rambling idiot. Your explanation of San Lorenzo, for example, was both believable and understandable, albeit somewhat convoluted, in terms of what other third-world countries tend to face.

Overall, this story is epic in its uniqueness. Your efforts show, even through your grammatical mistakes, so I congratulate on a story well done.

P.S: Thanks for putting Spanish statements in this story. I had a lot of fun translating them. :)
Alleluia00 chapter 20 . 7/20/2013
You suck! You suck! You SUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!
TheWonderfulShoe chapter 20 . 10/2/2012
This was written some time ago, do I feel that critiques may no longer be as helpful. Nonetheless: sometimes things were a little fast-paced to the point of seeming rushed and sudden. There were some spelling and grammar errors, but none that were do bad as to impede understanding. Also, be careful when writing accents. It was mostly okay-but I thought it bordered appearing offensive a couple of times. Just use caution with these things, yes? And Bob's transformation...I thought it was cute, but I wasn't convinced. That whole turn-around was pretty quick, at first. And abusive homes...a very complex problem for such a sudden epiphany!

And now...I really enjoyed this fic. It was a good story, and a very creative plot! The continuity was good even if things seemed a little quick at times. A lot of times, they acted...realistically for teens. Which is a food thing. It may seem obvious, but it's something that isn't often given the care it deserves. I thought it was admirable that you were careful to portray war and destitution in their true light...it's often romanticized, but there's nothing pretty about them. And it IS hard for the people who are trying to help!

It was a good and captivating story, and I enjoyed it. 3 Thanks for the read!
MegzEve007 chapter 20 . 9/5/2012
I loved it - Beautiful, realistic story with a heartfelt ending. _ Also, if you choose to go into animation, please try and convince Craig Bartlett to continue with "Hey Arnold" - Perhaps you could be of his assistance? ;)
seashel chapter 20 . 1/26/2011
GAH! i Loooooved this story SO much! I can't help but thinking about it throughout the day :) I don't know why but I love the idea of Arnold living with his parents in San Lorenzo and him having a jeep? haha weird i know, but that's ok! Gosh...thank you so much krossfire!
BunniGirl chapter 20 . 1/2/2010
Really, really good story. Thanks for focusing on San Lorenzo. The one beef I've had with this story is the major red herring by the name of "Mona". There were certain parts of the story where I was sure she was a spy working for the rebels when Stella said that story about her and her father (which is almost identical to Mona's, unless all American girls leave home because of their fathers to go to a war-torn country...), then warning Helga that spies hide under the guise of caregivers (which made me again think of Mona caring for Helga, and also when she mentioned that was a nurse, despite being "Helga's age" when she left for San Lorenzo). I kept expecting her to pop up with a machine gun and a cackle, "hahaha, you trusted me, sucker! pay up!" Even after the capture of Sombra, I still thought, "wait for it... wait for it..." But it never came! I'm not sure if you did this on purpose or if it was some elaborate subconscious plan of yours to mislead people who think similarly to me. T_T if it was the former, shame for not even addressing it in the commentary!

If it was the latter: oh okay, sorry.

This story is great and I'm sorry to hear it's your last HA! fic. But at least you've got one under your belt, eh?

:D Thanks for posting.