Reviews for Just a Bit of Friendly Competition
MJLupin27 chapter 1 . 4/13/2013
I just loved this! so funny to see them restling! and the final line was perfect XD
Princess613 chapter 1 . 4/9/2010
Cut and funny. A true win.
Nelarun chapter 1 . 2/21/2010
Brilliant! I loved the light hearted play between the two. The last line had me laughing out loud! Your writing really draws the reader in and you should be commended for it! So there you are! You have my commendation - not that it means anything. :-). Thanks again!

Nela
JediLuminaraUnduli chapter 1 . 7/1/2008
lol that was funny! Dookus will be Dookus, and Qui Gons will be Qui Gons...
Jinngerbread chapter 1 . 2/22/2007
It was such fun to read this story again :D I haven't read it in a long time and you just have such a way with description. I could see the whole fight taking place in my mind. You did a very good job with this action scene and I loved reading it again :D
Athena Leigh chapter 1 . 3/27/2006
Ha, that was great to read again after all this time. I particularly love the ending. That is so great how they're so competitive. Boys are so silly like that. Why is it so easy to imagine Qui-Gon barefoot and Dooku in socks? It just seems right, lol. Wonderful and fun.
Scribe of Anadril chapter 1 . 2/5/2006
Boys will be boys...but competing with each other is fun. Hehehe...
BecJedi chapter 1 . 7/9/2005
Very amusing, cute story. Nice interplay between characters. This is my favourite bit: "Don't."

"Don't what" Dooku grinned.

"Stop following me."

"Why"

"Because."

He, he...very funny. My only problem with the piece is that you have a few spelling and punctuation errors. I also think that Qui-Gon gives up too quickly at the mention of lunch. It's like you needed to end the story but didn't know how. Apart from that, good work, dude. :) You will forever be the master of all things Dooku and Qui.
Cael Fenton chapter 1 . 4/11/2005
As always, impressive use of dialogue. Question, Jess, how do you manage to get your dialogue so dead accurate every time? So sharp, witty, incisive, yet rough and down-to-earth...I only have words, but your writing seems to be moved by a higher power.

Lighthearted yet believable characterisation of Qui-Gon; seems to work on the dry humour Liam Neeson projected subtly in TPM. Very good job, you brought it up nicely.

Dooku also extremely well-balanced. Is it just me or does this fic seems to focus on him more? No complaints from me, I love him. Benign, friendly, if slightly aloof Jedi Master, with just a barely-there hint of his coming fall. An un-Jedi like observation here, a flash of competitiveness there, but the complex psyche of Qui-Gon's former Master is all there.

It constantly amazes me, how much characterisation, emotion and thought you compress into every subtle, seemingly lighthearted sentence. Fine-tuned, delicate writing touch which I very much admire.

The last bit of dialogue is very cute, but there's an ominous undercurrent even here, and the last line is pure foreshadowing. You have that in *all* your young Qui-Gon fics, don't you?
Fawks and Naurin chapter 1 . 2/14/2005
Heheh. Silly competitive boys. You have quite the faciniation with Dooku and Qui-Gon. Well, so do I, so I shouldn't be talking. Another excelent fic, Charmisjess. I realy like you writing style and humor. Keep writing nice Dooku/Qui fics!
Foulds chapter 1 . 2/14/2005
Ha! Now this I like. It's a shame there aren't more Dooku fics about, as I love him, and I think you did a fantastic job with the characterisation and the dynamic between them. Hee, I loved the youth of Qui-Gon! 'Admit it! I won!' Dooku was wonderful too. Not openly evil at all yet, but just oh so slightly focusing on those non Jedi esque emotions. Ah, a fic well done. I loved it.

Jon Foulds