Reviews for Say You Will
nonombre chapter 1 . 10/1/2008
Again, I must say, I loved the way you wrote this story. I was so happy when I checked to see what else you had written and came across this, an epilogue to The Sweet Hereafter! I would definitely LOVE to see more stories like this come from you. I'm hoping I'll get to see the Christmas story you mentioned in your author's notes. Keep up the fantastic work :)!
Pyrex Shards chapter 2 . 6/20/2008
The whole Rhonda and Curly exchange made me laugh. The entire part with the answering machine tape was also very well done. I was wondering if that tape would ever see the light of day again.
Houkanno Yuuhou chapter 2 . 8/28/2006
You know, I could've sworn that I reviewed this and The Sweet Hereafter when those stories were first published, but I must have tried during the Great FFN Meltdown of '05 and given up in disgust for another day, only I forgot. Situation remedied. This weekend, I spent my days re-reading these two stories in preparation for Instant Gratification, now that I have a moment of spare time to read it.

All I can say is that you captured Helga (and in a lot of ways, me) perfectly. Without coming out and just giving her the whole Borderline Personality Disorder diagnosis, of course, by her actions and thoughts. That's all your stories need.

I still laugh when I hear I Go To Extremes because as a wise musician once said, that song is the rallying cry for bipolar people, and it fits Helga in so many ways.

Feel free to drop me a line whenever, should you need inspiration or even help. I usually don't extend these services, but I must thank you for giving me some inspiration of my own. Enough to pull out of my funk and finish my HA stories (too busy being my own worst critic to finish them). Thanks. :)

As for that song...(bless you, from an old Billy Joel fan):

Slow down you crazy child

You're so ambitious for a juvenile

But then if you're so smart tell me why

Are you still so afraid?

Where's the fire, what's the hurry about?

You better cool it off before you burn it out

You got so much to do and only

So many hours in a day... ;)
weartheseshorts chapter 1 . 6/27/2005
Oh great, you got the song stuck in my head. ;P

Well, well. You never cease to amaze me. What a wonderful epilogue, and you couldn't have ended it in a more perfect spot! Great job!

You know, all day I couldn't stop thinking about your fics. Now I feel pathetic... Great... I hope you realize how much I worship your talent, I really do, because I wouldn't want you feeling all...lonely... Heh, come to think of it, do you need any *more* praising reviews? Great job, again.

thats me

ahhelga

aka Pauline
choirchick05 chapter 1 . 6/26/2005
I have a theory... I think Helga's valentine came from Lila. After all, since Arnold and Lila had somewhat of a thing, and Lila knows Helga's secret. I think Lila is congratulating Helga for achieving "something" with Arnold. Just my opinion.
EmperorKrieg chapter 2 . 6/12/2005
As per usual, fantastic. My only complaint is not of your writing, but of my own sin, greed. I want more...!
The J.A.M. a.k.a. Numbuh i chapter 2 . 6/11/2005
[...unWARP!]

Good evening.

Well, that was a very sweet addition at the ice cream store, but Miriam figuring it out? It's a bit hard to believe considering that in the show she spent 90% of her time with her head on the table.

Still, it was an interesting curve against Helga. I doubt she's going to spill anything to either Miriam or Bob at this point in time. I hope you can do a follow up to this story!

¡Zacatepóngolas!

Until next time, remember:

I

AM

THE

J.A.M.

[WARP!]
Jen chapter 1 . 4/28/2005
wow, ur relay good, and let me just say I LOVE THE GARDEN STATE and i had a hunch that thats where ur inspiration came from... I love it! any ways i seriously think that you are one of the most belivable story writers here, The only thing is its seriously hard to belive there only 9 ... but hey thats ok minor detail. I LOVE YOUR WRITING and i seriously thing you ned to write another story folowing this one b/c I NEED TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENS! haha... oh i also like your story b.c its not corny or predictable, and it dosent have a shity plot either. Its a good plot! so keep writing! I WANT MORE ! PLEASE! PLEASE!
Pointy Objects chapter 1 . 3/4/2005
I can't believe I didn't reply to this! I could have sworn I replied to this ANyway, awesome beautifullness. I absolutely heart it!

-Pointy_Objects
Lady Athena Lionfire chapter 1 . 2/21/2005
Heya,

Nice epilogue, it certainly cleared up a few confusing things, as you've mentioned I do tend to get confused a lot..lol.

I wonder if Brainy sent Helga the second valentine...he does stalk her a lot, so he would know her deepest darkest secrets, but likewise, patty and lila also know helgas not so secret secret.

Yeah, I think you should write another story, I can tell you want to...why else would you put so many teasers and hints into it? It screams second story...well it does to me.

I really admire you, I start so many fics but just can't keep up with them...not for lack of time either, I have plenty of time...I just have a habit of losing the plot a lot and writing myself into a corner, which is a bugger really.

Maybe one day I'll finish a story I've started...that should be my aim for this year...to start and finish a fic...meh..a girl can hope anyway.

Can't wait to see what you write next.

Lady Athena Lionfire (I changed my name again lol)
Number6 chapter 1 . 2/15/2005
Hi Lord Malachite

First of all, I want to apologize that I have no reviewed the last chapters of "The sweet hereafter". I was kind of busy when you put the last chapter, and I tought you were going to put a new project soon. But I want to thank you for a good (and angsty) fanfiction of Helga point of view.

And now, we have this new project. I would like to say something about this:

Well, it has been a while since you write your first chapter of "The Sweet Hereafter" in november, and now it seems that you have mastered all of the lore of HA!

I think you have seen all the series by now: Mr. Smith's tapes are a touch of genius. I'm sure Mr. Smith is now in an undercover secret mission or something to let the key of room XVI to Arnold. I think that when he saw Helga in his tapes, he decided to keep her secret too, because he, of all people, would respect the intimacy of a girl.

And all the references of the people who already know Helga's secret: It's fairly obvious Helga's secret is not a secret for some people, and you only left three significant people out: Trish Wittenberg, who asked Helga to be his maid in his second wedding with the coach, Mr. Bailey, who must have a clue about the "world of a boy with a good heart and no sense of reality" and, of course, the usual suspect: Brainy.

And now I want to adventure a theory about the suspect of who left Helga a Valentine with the words: "Congratulations". I think is no other than Brainy, the weird, whezzing kid that always happens to be there when Helga is going to praise Arnold.

I love Brainy's character. He's my favorite of all HA! lore. He's like Helga, someone who loves in silence, but unlike Helga, he's not afraid of love. Time and time again, he tries to tell Helga of his love. Time and time again, he gets socked. But he never give up on her.

And I think Brainy is cool enough to let Helga and Arnold be happy. Craig Bartlett, in one of his chats, said "He sees Helga for whom she really is, and know every secret of her".

And about Phoebe misterious valentine... I confess I don't have any idea.

So, I ask you to continue this interesting fanfiction, and I expect to check the rest of your work. I'm eagerly expecting "Instant gratification".

PD. I was checking your profile, and I love "Big O" too! is so cool, I'm going to check it right now!
SpriteSux-MountainDewReignsSupreme chapter 1 . 2/15/2005
very well writted fic. I enjoyed the sweet hereafter very much, and was very surprised to find this. Wo, you always write long fics, but it makes them better to read. lol

and im looking forward to instant gratification (june is too long). and i also wouldnt mind a sequal to sweet hereafter.

anyway, happy valentines day
Yama-Neko chapter 1 . 2/15/2005
Aww! That was so well written and thought out...and definately so cute! _
The J.A.M. a.k.a. Numbuh i chapter 1 . 2/14/2005
[...unWARP!]

Good evening.

Well, this certainly was a different take from what we talked about, but still keeping true to the characters' emotions. Sorry I haven't talked to you; our schedules don't seem to coincide!

This is a VERY thorough epilogue; I kinda wish it could develop into a completely new story, and it can, I suppose. Helga and Arnold are FINALLY seeing face-to-face, and Arnold FINALLY knows what Helga feels about him, and now the ball is in his court. It might take a while for him to return her affections, or who knows? A single HUGE experience just might pull it out of him. And maybe both can go to Dr. Bliss for a joint counceling session to help them along.

It's sad that both kids have been forced to mature emotionally due to their home circumstances; though I'm rather surprised that Helga didn't stay longer even though her parents wouldn't notice she was gone :D

Keep up the GREAT work!

THE

J.A.M.

[WARP!]
Blonde Cecile chapter 1 . 2/14/2005
Whoa, that was LONG! It was, however, worth reading. Good fics have been in very short supply lately, so this was a pleasant surprise. Laughed out loud at the Rhonda/Curly bit.

Even though I still find your writing somewhat exhausting, I endlessly appreciate your great grammar, authentic characters, and practical tone. Your stories are always ones of amazing quality.

-BC