Reviews for The Incredibles: Reviving the Glory Days
PrincessRainbowSodaPop chapter 28 . 2/9/2019
Dude, I Love this story
I Love all the Violet and Helen Moments in it, I love their relationship a lot!
aHoGegIrL chapter 20 . 11/3/2018
This was published 5 days after I was born.
O.o
Guest chapter 28 . 1/7/2015
Hey, so, are you ever going to continue this? A sequel?
Dinode chapter 28 . 11/24/2012
I've been going through all the complete Incredibles Fan Fictions, and so far this is my favorite one. Nice work.
lemonout chapter 28 . 12/28/2010
Good story!
Anonymous chapter 1 . 10/4/2009
It's a shame you seem to have stopped writing. This story has a certain charm to it that can't be denied. To be honest, it's the only Incredibles story that has managed to catch my interest. You have a real understanding for the characters that makes me wish I could see where you were going to take this. Regardless, a great story. I hope you pick it up again someday.
Cribellate chapter 28 . 5/18/2009
This is awesome :D

I actually love it xD
Enchanting Elf chapter 27 . 12/22/2008
LOVED IT! XD The kid on the tric was a nice touch ! (:
PutMoneyInThyPurse chapter 18 . 6/16/2008
“Yes, yes, yes of course it did,” Edna interrupted, “zou are Invision."

Your Edna.

You just have her turn of phrase down perfectly. She is my absolute favourite and it is such a joy to see more of her, written by one who writes her so well it's like watching her ont he big screen again.
PutMoneyInThyPurse chapter 16 . 6/16/2008
“Is this going to become a habit, because it’s kind of nice.” This was the third time this week he’d waken before her and the first time in recorded history that she’d been the last one to wake up in the house.

Are you a mom? Because this is so genuine! You're really good at getting into Helen's head! Actually, and Bob's, and Dash's, and Vi's... 'recorded history' - so cute ... and I know how it feels to be the alst one to wake up in the house, so you really touched a chord there!
PutMoneyInThyPurse chapter 8 . 6/16/2008
Helen stared up at him. She knew what he was trying not to say. “And what?” she asked in a dreadful tone.

nitpick: I think you mean 'a tone filled with dread'.

“And-” he stuttered, “-and how supers make awful parents for allowing their kids to participate.”

Oh, baby.

She buried her face in her hands. When she looked up she realized Bob had turned the page where she saw the headlines to two more related stories. ‘Where’s The Dash’ read one. She thought about that for a minute and even smiled as she thought back to the first time he had called himself that. The smile quickly faded though. The other read ‘Elastigirl Should Be Ashamed.’ As she read the words guilt streamed down her body and she broke down.

Perfect. Really, could he ever be called anything but the Dash? ...oh, I think you mean 'the guilt coursed through her body'. And you just have us totally on their side, even while acknowledging the reporters have a point. This is such a great dramatic conflict to set up. Public disapprobation, the popular picture of being a 'good' parent, even while knowing that Bob and Helen coudln't keep the kids away from crimefigting if they tried. And a part of us wants to yell: 'Well, if you guys hadn't driven the Supers into hiding, they'd still HAVE their hospital!" And how dare the reporter presume to say what she should or shouldn't be ashamed of? Plus - and this is very subtle - in a way, the only reason Dash got hurt was as a kind of divine retribution for his showing off (remember how you said that he knew the cameras didn't capture his top speeds well?) I love how it all knits together, morally.

Bob quickly put down his paper and drew his wife to him trying to comfort her; but his thoughts were elsewhere. The paper had turned back over to the grizzly [you mean 'grisly' here]picture of Dash lying in the pile of rubble. This wasn’t going to help the plight of the supers any; and it certainly wasn’t going to help his son either.

Great last line. You just have us on the edges of our seats.
PutMoneyInThyPurse chapter 7 . 6/16/2008
"In the Glory Days the city had a whole hospital disguised as a florist where injured supers could receive top medical care without having to fear divulgence of their identities. Now the hospital was no more and only the florist remained."

Wow. As I said, I love the world you recreate with your words and with their thoughts.

"Once again she felt so useless. She wanted to do more than just go to bed and go to school. Violet wanted to help. She was so worried about her brother; they had become so much closer in the last months. She couldn’t lose him now. All these thoughts raced through her mind as she drifted back off to sleep."

Oh, yes.
PutMoneyInThyPurse chapter 5 . 6/16/2008
“I know,” Violet said. “I guess it’s just that, nothing’s wrong and I’m, OK with Incredigirl. I mean, I am an Incredible and I am a girl.”

Take it from one who knows: that's as good a portrayal of "I-am-nothing-in-my-own-right-you-guys-are-the-real-talent" as I've EVER seen! Psychologically PERFECT! Can't tell you how good a catch that is!
PutMoneyInThyPurse chapter 4 . 6/16/2008
“I mean you get your tags like every other super in the world, you both go out there, take out an easy bad guy in a very public area with lots of media around, and there you go.”

OH! Wow. The way he says it - so casual, like he knows the drill. The voice of experience. Like it's established procedure "like every other super in the world" Such a lovel, 'world-creating' method. Kudos.

“Right,” Helen said. “But we need to do it before these names stick. Dash, are you up for a little crime fighting tonight?”

That was nice, and I like Helen after she got rid of the repressed persona. She sounds fun, like she was when she was Elastigirl.

And hey, good catch, Vi being ignored. can't wait to read on.
PutMoneyInThyPurse chapter 3 . 6/16/2008
Oh, hey, Dash! I saw you so many times on Pixar Planet, but I never thought of checking out your fics and now I'm so glad i did. This is wonderful! The first chapters I thought were a bit rushed, but now this is really the nitty-gritty, getting into character. The scene of them reading the paper is perfect, I can just see them doing that - very well set up. Their voices are perfect, very 'them':

“Well yes actually,” he paused. “We’ve been tagged.”

“What do you mean we’ve been tagged?”

“I mean we’ve been in the paper so much recently that they finally decided to give us names.”

I like all of this - him using the jargon, obviously from a past we don't know about - her, asking, and then him telling us, the exposition coming in the form of explaining to Helen so it doesn't look like he's explaining to us.

“Bob,” she replied irritated, “what do you mean they gave us names, your Mr. Incredible, I’m Elastigirl, Dash is the Dash and Vi-.”

Dash is the Dash. *grin* Perfect. And I love the way she cuts off after "Vi-"

It hit her. They had named the children. She moved toward him, arm extended. “Let me see, I hope they’re original.”

He held the paper back, “Helen, no I mean-”

Oh, these are perfect. The two short sentences, "It hit her" and "They had named the children", really creating the shock and tension there, and then her moving into action. And Bob's slightly scared reaction! Love it!

“Let me see it,” she insisted as she stretched her arm around in back of him[,] snatching it away. (and this is so wonderful, a great touch and so true to the movie! You didn't have to use it, but now you did, I can just see it!) She read. “Yesterday’s attempt by the Underminer to destroy peace and happiness was foiled by The Incredibles. The team of family members led by the famed super Mr. Incredible includes a set of all new heroes including his wife Mrs. Incredible. What!” Helen exclaimed astonished. “All new supers, but I’ve been-”

Bob knew where this was going. “Honey it’s been fifteen years, your hair is shorter your-” he gazed at her back side, “-your, uh figure is changed.”

*snorfle* Perfect. And Helen's “All new supers, but I’ve been-” and then "Bob knew where this was going" Great Bob PoV, btw.

“But I-” She composed herself and collected h[e]r thoughts. “I don’t mind being Mrs. Incredible because I am and I’m proud of it, but I’m still Elastigirl.”

I love this. It's the single most genuine sentence I can truly hear coming from Helen Parr. And so wonderful to see her finally, finally reconciling her old nad new personas. Thank you for writing this sentence!

“Helen they recognized my logo and if you haven’t noticed[,] your suit bares [bears!] the same mark.”

I love this - great explanation - and note the Freudian slip above! Bet you'd like to see Helen Parr 'bare' something! :D

“But still-”

“Read on; there’s more.”

Helen read aloud, “Also included in the group are the family’s three children, Incredigirl, Incrediboy, and making his first appearance, Incedibaby!” She yelled the last part[,] obviously upset.

LOVE the 'she yelled the last part'. I can hear her voice going up at the end. Really. And the newspaper article is very realistically worded, and the scene of them reading it together is just made of delicious.

“I’m Incrediboy?” Dash asked inquisitively. The speedster had stormed into the room after awakening to the smell of breakfast cooking.

I like 'the speedster'. A lot. And 'inquisitively'.

“No, you’re not!” Bob said sternly [,]shuddering at the thought of that name.

And the moniker is terribly ironic and painful, and yet such a natural choice on the part of the newspapers. Great, great logic.

“Oh Bob,” Helen replied, “We have to do something. Can you imagine thirty years from now Jack-Jack being referred to as Incredibaby.”

Oh, Helen's comment, and 'We have to do something' sounds like a great starting-point - and Dash's smart-aleck comment after that is such fun! “Can you imagine him still being referred to as Jack-Jack,” Dash teased." *giggle*