Reviews for Eyes of the Jackal
Yep it was good chapter 34 . 3/14/2005
Loved the last line...

'"Vicomte?" Raoul gives a noncommittal grunt, and Erik feels the ghost of a wry half-smile tug at the corner of his life. "You should have been a writer."'

heh heh heh...

Well done! update soon!

Me-Ladie
aeipathy chapter 34 . 3/14/2005
As always, how delightful to find an update from you before I was expecting it, and this one, as always, did not disappoint. The development of these two characters is compelling in a way that I almost find disturbing - wonderful. Don't strain yourself trying to put out another update too soon, though I will be relieved when you do.
emeraldwolf chapter 34 . 3/13/2005
ah, that was such a beautifully written chapter. bravo. _ i can't wait for the next one.
ElvenPirate41 chapter 34 . 3/13/2005
I loved Raoul's little speech at the end; very poetic and beautiful... and the Phantom's final line made me smile.

~EP41 :)
ahomelesspirate chapter 34 . 3/13/2005
I'm glad to see that you didn't wait until the 15th. I am amazed again and again how well your characters stay in..well character. This is by far the only believable slasj E/R that I have read. Good job.
BohemiaLMM chapter 34 . 3/13/2005
Yay! Love the ending to this chapter. Can't wait for another one.

*hugs*

~BohemiaLMM~
Gwynevere1 chapter 33 . 3/13/2005
Yet again-poor Raoul.

He's still too good of a man to let his anger and frustration bring him to the level of cruelty that Erik can muster.
BohemiaLMM chapter 33 . 3/12/2005
One word: Brilliant. Beyond words. I can't wait for an update. Keep writing.

*hugs*

~BohemiaLMM~
emeraldwolf chapter 33 . 3/11/2005
wow...just...wow. this is one of the most incredible fics i've ever read. its entrancing. the characterization you do is amazing. you make your readers love/hate/pity/empathize all at the same time. wonderful. absolutely wonderful. and i love the way it is vignette style. i think that actually makes the fic flow a lot smoother. i cannot wait for the next update. caoi.
Madame Strawberry chapter 33 . 3/11/2005
I love you!
Sat-IsisSuten Net chapter 33 . 3/11/2005
I can wait until the Ides of March. I might need to print this story out and rub it on my gums to get my fix, but I can wait.

Another terrific chapter.
aeipathy chapter 33 . 3/9/2005
(It's very disappointing to me that I can't put my reactions to your story into words most of the time.)

In any case, this chapter was a beautiful follow-up to the last one, elaborating on the newfound rift between Erik and Raoul, and showing that despite his hatred for Erik, Raoul is still drawn to him - he still belongs to him. I love that Erik is so confident in this, so able to accept that Raoul is so attracted to him, and so willing to take advantage of that fact. I can't wait to see what happens with his knowledge of that.

(Additionally, the last line reminded me of the lyric in the song "Masquerade" from the Andrew Lloyd Webber versions, if you know which one I mean. Was that intentional, I wonder?)

Good luck on your novel; I will wait most wistfully for the next update.
whatevergirl chapter 33 . 3/9/2005
aww! beautiful! poor Raoul! :)
MillenniumDreamer chapter 33 . 3/9/2005
God, this fic is getting sad. But still good. Poor Raoul (and at the same time, yay for plot twists!).
Yep it was good chapter 33 . 3/8/2005
Yay! This is rather terrifying at times, an excellent piece of writing. I am always so happy when the e-mail comes saying your fic has been updated...

Me-ladie