Reviews for Eyes of the Jackal
Vampslayer04 chapter 39 . 3/24/2005
*cries*

Wow...just, wow. That ending... perfect. I love to read slash and I love to read Phantom phic(I'm normally an Erik/Christine shipper). Combining the two was a brilliant move on your part.

Things I Loved: the slash(duh, or I wouldn't be reading), Erik and Raoul were completely in character. This actually felt a plausible continuation of the play/movie/whatever.

The only thing that I can see that doesn't work as well is the last two/three paragraphs. They seem a little rushed.

That's minor compared to the awesomeness of this story though. Great job!
Hamster chapter 39 . 3/24/2005
Oh God, 39's such a horrible number to leave it on! Can't you write something quick just to make it 40, it'll bug me no end everytime I see it.

Anyway, the story wa brilliant, couldn't have thought of better myself. WRITE MORE! Please?
Sat-IsisSuten Net chapter 39 . 3/22/2005
::sob::
JennyWren chapter 39 . 3/22/2005
This is the first piece of phanfiction that has ever made my cry. Thank you for writing it!
LittleEva chapter 1 . 3/22/2005
What a beautiful and sad, tragic story; it ended perfectly.
ahomelesspirate chapter 39 . 3/21/2005
I cnnot say how much satisfaction this story gives me. I don't really think that PotO should end happily-ever-after, as much as I would like it to sometimes. Really wel done. Extremely well written, I am looking forward to your next work!
Yep it was good chapter 39 . 3/21/2005
Woah... It's finally over. And I loved every moment of it! Please, please, please write another... or a sequal... or somthing else... Please!

Me-Ladie
Subia Jasmine chapter 39 . 3/21/2005
This is the most brilliant fic I have ever read, and I only thought to review now, how pathetic. Brilliant, and believable. Raoul and Erik are so IC in their actions and dialogue. You ended it so well I was freaking crying. I love you for writing this. Awesome awesome awesome, keep writing!
Cyprith chapter 39 . 3/21/2005
I hope you dont take this the wrong way but the very very end of the chapter didnt seem to flow as smoothly. Just the fourth and fifth up from the bottom. Other than that I had absolutly no problem with it. It was bloody brilliant in a rather literal sence.
BohemiaLMM chapter 39 . 3/21/2005
OMG! No! It's over! But it was such a good ending! Great story! I hope you write another fiction soon!

*much hugs and claps and everything good*

~BohemiaLMM~
ElvenPirate41 chapter 39 . 3/21/2005
Extremely powerful ending. I love it. This story has been a pleasure to read!

Hope to see more from you in the future.

~EP41 :)
whatevergirl chapter 39 . 3/21/2005
you cant leave it there! please don't leave it there! it's really good,though! :)
PhoenixFlame6 chapter 39 . 3/21/2005
Wow, this story is fantastic! It is the only slash fic in this fandom I have read that actually works. Raoul and Erik are like oil and water but you convincingly pair them. One of the biggest things about your story is how in-character Erik and Raoul are. Never did any of the dialouge or the actions seem stilted. Admittedly I was cracking up when Erik was abusing Raoul and Raoul finally decided to hit back, but any fight between them has got to be good.

The ending was powerful and very sad but it fits. The way you wrote the story, if the end was they they gallop off to some secluded area to start a new life together, would just be cheesy.

Your wording and grammar are both flawless and you set tone very well. It is difficult to write "as it happens" but it never feels awkward in your story.

This story has been an absolute joy to read and congradulations for pairing the two most unlikely pair to sleep each other, and doing it damn well. That was one hot fic!
emeraldwolf chapter 39 . 3/21/2005
:sniffle: good ending. although i am sad it ended at all. ah well. i hope you write more fics in the future, even if they aren't Phantom fics, you're a very good writer. _ keep it up.
Lucy Wanabe chapter 39 . 3/21/2005
Fantastic, a work of art. I haven't read fanfiction this good before, ever. It ranks up there with the published novels in mainstream with its depth of feeling, character, and story. Everything is woven together in a beautifully tragic tapestry that is almost painful to read, but also so wonderful in the manner in which it was written. I applaud this spectacular effort of yours, and wish I'd gotten to it sooner so I could have left more reviews. From one author to another, I salute you.

Lucy