Reviews for Identity Element
Beacuzz chapter 7 . 5/6/2014
Thank you for this wonderful series, but even more so thank you for this story and "I'onn"'s speech at the end. I agree whole heartedly and am grateful to you for having the guts to say and print it.
Thank you again.
Caliban Cadmus chapter 5 . 12/20/2012
Sorry, Guest of 11/10/12, you're as wrong as can be. There are things you don't get to do to people, regardless of what you personally deem is necessary. Either because you grasp that it's wrong, or because you are part of the tribe and understand you have to obey its rules if you want to enjoy the benefits. Bruce Wayne's rights are Bruce Wayne's rights and not subject to your personal opinion. You don't get to violate them because you think something is more important. Zatanna and her pals didn't get that, they violated other individuals' rights and they were punished like everyone else, in this case by expulsion from the tribe.
Guest chapter 5 . 11/10/2012
The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, as Charles Dickens would say. Or, as Oliver Queen would say, the world needs the league a lot more then Bruce Wayne needs those twenty minutes of his life.
Sometimes it's not easy. Sometimes you can't just punch your problems away, sometimes you have to do things that are less defensible. But it's not about feelings, or even necessarily it's about doing something right.
Kelana-ti chapter 9 . 12/21/2010
Woah. D: Talk about angsty on-the-edge-of-your-seat drama. I enjoyed reading this. Having Selina in a otherwise JLA story was interesting.
scraps chapter 9 . 8/19/2010
I think you are a great writer who should be working at D.C. I do not like how you have portraied several characters and I think Light got what he diserved, what they did to bats was wrong. All and all I have liked your stories so far and hope you keep writing
t wrecks chapter 8 . 12/10/2009
the talk at the end was great/ she can get her own diamonds thankyou very much
t wrecks chapter 2 . 12/10/2009
Chris, what is the Wiki thing you were referring to?
kaitlynvoncat chapter 9 . 9/7/2008
This is definitely one of my favorite ones so far. I loved the interaction between everyone. I honestly don't really know much about the JLA or most of the people apart of it, but you made it really interesting even with my lack of knowledge. I really didn't want this one to end!

When Selina first thought to herself "Bruce, I want to get married." I pretty much did a double take to check and see if she actually said that to him. I'm excited to see where that all goes.

Then when Bruce was talking to all of the League members and threatened to shut everything down if anything like that were to happen again and Diana argued, that was just amazing. "Watch me." How much more perfect can you get?

Jason Blood has really kind of grown on me as well. I had absolutely no idea who he was when you first brought him in, and honestly didn't really like him much probably because of that, but I loved him in this. Hopefully we see more of him. :)

I could seriously just go on and on about everyone and everything, so I'm thinking I should probably stop now and just say how amazing it was. :)
24isover chapter 9 . 6/6/2008
just reread this whole story again. it's really very powerful. Re the first few chaps dealing with the sue dibny/jean loring issue, i liked how you focused more on the reactions of the characters than the plot itself. The interactions between bruce and selina were really really good-how she chafes at his overprotectiveness. The Lois Lane "been there done that" reaction-so priceless. I hope that they have more interactions in future stories.

The second half of the story that focuses on moral dilemma- suddenly the tables are turned. now it is selina's turn to be psycho-cat, and i enjoyed bruce's reaction to that. i daresay, this is probably the first time he's turned off by her behavior. And yes, i think he is partly to blame. unfortunately, i do believe that the longer a relationship goes on, one does take the other's persona to some extent.

i hope they work it out in the next few stories.

i also hope there are more crossovers with the JLA. I really enjoy your portrayal of Jonn and Aquaman. I'm not yet current with the stories, but i do hope somewhere in there's the dinner that Selina promised to invite Jonn and Jason too. For that matter, she should throw in Aquaman. Bruce needs more allies in that league.
24isover chapter 8 . 6/5/2008
ok. now i get it. the whole dr. light mindwipe was about revenge - one violation for another.

nice interaction between supes and selina.
24isover chapter 7 . 6/5/2008
One word. Awesome. Jonn is the best. He and bats make such good allies. Aquaman's great too. The rest have the moral fiber of limp noodles.

Zatanna is too immature for the powers she has. Very dangerous.

I understand why the vote was unanimous to mindwipe bats, but why did they choose to mindwipe Dr Light in the first place? Why couldn't he just have gone to jail like every other villain.

I've read your companion notes on the other stories (such a delight to read, so comprehensive!) and wish this story had one.
WITM chapter 9 . 5/23/2008
I respectfully disagree with the reviewer who wanted a more "personal" confrontation between Batman and Zatanna. This was very personal, it just wasn't talky. There is a time for words and we saw that in the confrontation with Superman. No punches pulled. Also in the League meeting. This was not a time for words. Batman knows that. It was a time to sit and hate. A very poetic payback honoring the magickal rule of three.
t wrecks chapter 9 . 1/23/2008
good story
t wrecks chapter 7 . 1/23/2008
very powerful ethics involved here
t wrecks chapter 6 . 1/23/2008
Interesting to find what Lois thought of this, I bet she would be angry. Then again she might totally justify it all like he did