Reviews for The Treason of an Accent
omry.grinberg chapter 1 . 12/11/2013
Really good. I thought they were Hillarioussp? and just serious enough.
Velie chapter 1 . 2/24/2013
You made me laugh out loud - that never happens. :)
Hummingbird2 chapter 1 . 10/26/2011
"Why don't they just get a British actor to play an English person? And vice versa."

I fully agree. That was great, thanks!
HoVis chapter 1 . 10/9/2007
LOL, I am very glad to have re-discovered this in my seasonal trawl of the archive...

I loved the reference to Chekhov in the original ST! Good point - why didn't they just use the UT for him? Lol.

Great story, well done! Love it.

HoVis
KatGrl2003 chapter 1 . 3/22/2006
My friends are gonna be so pleased. I've learned new swear words!

-Kat
IchthusFish chapter 1 . 3/13/2006
Yes, the Holywood accent factory annoys me as well. Good job putting it into words. Funniest moment has to be Archer's entrance at the end though. Poor Malcolm. I can just see the mortified look on his face. He must think he is in trouble again. And Trip just doesn't care, same as always lol.
Sci F.I. Warper chapter 1 . 2/20/2005
Okay! That was kind of different. But very good. I can just imagine Trip and Reed doing something like that. But I see your point on accents in movies. I mean ( no offense to Viggo Mortensen) but throughout the LORD OF THE RINGS he had a terrible English accent that he kept mixing up with an American one. So anyway great story and keep it up.
moondancercat chapter 1 . 2/20/2005
xD

Archer's sudden entrance has got to be the best. He had to be so confused... _ Quite funny. Nice story. :D
The Libran Iniquity chapter 1 . 2/18/2005
Brilliant! I completely agree with the Americans trying English accents - there have been some good imitations, but I can't recall them off the top of my head. Although I always suspected Malcolm as having a touch of Yorkshire about him meself, but maybe I'm just biased(!). Anyway, great story, enjoyed it immensely.

TLI
B.L.A. the Mouse chapter 1 . 2/16/2005
So funny, and I can just see it happening! Especially after Hoshi picking up the accent of a MACO in one of the season 3 episodes.
Exploded Pen chapter 1 . 2/16/2005
You are an author after my heart! Accents is always a source of irritation for me, especially yanks trying to be British *shudder*

It's always fun trying to work out where people are from from their accents.

So great story! One thing, tosser tends to mean the same as wanker (if you're a brit anyway :D) Great job!

~*~Exploded Pen~*~
Philippe de la Matraque chapter 1 . 2/16/2005
Cute! And kind of fun the way you picked on those movies. Being someone who can pronounce a few languages myself quite well, I'm amused by some of those same accents. But hey, I thought Malcolm did a good job mimicking Trip's accent in the pilot episode: Keep yer shirt on, Lootenant!
Rinne chapter 1 . 2/15/2005
Very nicely written! He he he.
Cha Oseye Tempest Thrain chapter 1 . 2/15/2005
Nice. What I love is when people talk about a Canadian accent (being Canadian myself) and seem to forget that it's the second largest country (landmass wise) in the world.

So... would that be a Newfie accent, a Maritimes accent (two different things), a Quebec accent (which isn't quite the same as a French accent... there are several), Ontario, the Prairies and Alberta... you hit B.C. and it changes again. Or would that be from someone who grew up speaking Inuktituk, or Blackfoot, or did they grow up in a Dukhobour community? Some areas in Vancouver and you'd swear you were in Bejing or Bombay.

Speaking of bad movie accents... Kevin Costner in 'Robin Hood, Prince of Thieves.' He couldn't even hold on to the accent he kept miserably failing at.