Reviews for The Many Shades of Night
More please
narcolepticbadger chapter 8 . 2/28
I hope this review finds you, somehow, fifteen years (!) after you wrote this incredible story.

I'm a baby Stargate fan, still. I didn't grow up with it and have only recently fallen into it through the recommendation and guidance of a friend - but what a fall it has been. I already have a deep, powerful love for these characters and their worlds that I really wasn't expecting to be hit with when my friend sat me down for my first episode.

This is the first SG-1 fanfic I read, also at my very wise friend's insistence, and holy hell YOU BLEW MY MIND WIDE OPEN. I flailed. I (nearly) cried. I literally had to walk away at several points because my emotions were too intense and I thought my heart might explode - from the suspense, from the shippy moments, from the perfect blends of action and emotion and humor that were so beautifully in-character that I can't even. I died, I think, several times. I may still be dead. Like, I would love to go back and pull out all the specific lines and moments that ruined me (JACK DOESN'T WANT TO LOSE HER IN THE DARK! SAM DISOBEYS ALLLL THE ORDERS AND SAVES THEM BOTH!) but I don't think I'm physically capable of it.

(Also, I live-texted my reading of this to my friend, so there is an actual record out there, somewhere, of me flailing and crying and dying line-by-line. I wish you could see it.)

Thank you so much for writing this. I don't have words enough to tell you how much happiness (well, traumatic angst/shippiness but those are often the same thing) this brought me and how grateful I am that this exists, that this was my first ever Stargate fic. It was an unforgettable experience, truly.
geekymom chapter 8 . 2/26
Great story!
bunny chapter 8 . 4/9/2015
Very well written! Loved it.
mebfeath chapter 8 . 5/26/2014
OH GOODNESS. What a story. Brilliant. You seriously had me hooked. And swatting at and shushing my husband at one point. Wow. Excuse my while I go and read everything you've ever written...tomorrow. (Sigh.)
mebfeath chapter 7 . 5/26/2014
OH MY GOODNESS. SERIOUSLY.
mebfeath chapter 6 . 5/26/2014
I'm *dying* here. And totally live-reviewing my experience. Yikes. Sorry. But GOODNESS.
mebfeath chapter 4 . 5/26/2014
Ok, you need to take up writing horror. Ugh. I can't wait to finish this and find the happy place at the end but I'm seriously enjoying it at the same time!
mebfeath chapter 1 . 5/26/2014
Wow. This is so well written - the description is outstanding. It really hooks you in - can't wait to read more!
hedwiggins chapter 8 . 11/1/2012
This is one of my favorite stories. I've recommended it several times to various people. We are compiling lists of fanfiction over on GW that's related to Sam and Jack, and this one is on the list. My favorite line is nearly at the end when Jack says "If anyone ever asks...you didin't throw me out the window. I jumped." Great stuff.
PaulaRway chapter 8 . 9/11/2012
I've always loved this story. It was the first ever SG1 fic I read (I came over via your wonderful Voyager stories).

'Many Shades' has all the aspects I love: action, adventure, believable characters doing interesting things. It's got it all.

Thank you for sharing.
dpdp chapter 8 . 5/3/2012
Wonderful story. Thanks.
SimplySupreme chapter 8 . 3/27/2012
That was lovely. :)
SaraBahama chapter 8 . 9/24/2011
Wow! It's hard to imagine that 10 years later this story is still thrilling readers! A friend recommended it to me and I jumped right in. Such a well-written adventure! Teamwork, terror, alien monsters, Goa'uld technology, character whump, a sprinkling of affection and angst made for a wonderful read. Your characterizations were spot-on, and the humor felt natural. Bravo!
magdilen chapter 8 . 2/12/2009
Good job. I liked how you used Jolinar's memories.
51 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »