Reviews for Under The Weather
Knanaki chapter 10 . 8/11/2009
I totally concur with you that there aren't enough fanfics about Kenshin's sick days XD

Love your work. It hit all the right notes for me.
sarahlilly95 chapter 10 . 3/29/2009
This was a very interesting and entertaining story to read. I'd like to point one thing out, though: the names of Hiruma's captors are all from Bleach...
ZukoFlame chapter 4 . 8/23/2008
Awesome story! (I thought I was alone when I actually liked reading stories where Kenshin gets hurt...lol glad to know I'm not the only one out there!)
Spooky Pumpkin chapter 10 . 5/23/2008
That was awesome! I loved it!
LtR chapter 10 . 4/9/2008
Wonderful (cheers)

I never get around to reading kenshin fics because they usually end up all centred around Kaoru and Kenshin. I wanted to see a good old torture (grins evilly) I was hooked the second I started reading this (bows) thank you very much for restoring my faith in the kenshin fanfic circle.

I'm gonna have to go and look at your other fics later but for now (sighs) my laptop is dying. I really hate when I lose the charger (cries) so many fics left unread.

BYebye for now

Hope to see more from you soon.
ferryboat George chapter 10 . 10/15/2007
I enjoyed the story. I'd love to see a sequel with Hitoshi meeting Kenshin again in the Meiji era.
Keniichi chapter 2 . 7/6/2007
Lol " poor Reizo!"
HeadingNorth chapter 10 . 6/15/2007
This is the best Bakumatsu based fanfic I have ever read. I feel like I'm gonna puke, it was so suspenseful!
Randa-Chan chapter 10 . 4/11/2007
Cool, that was really quite interesting. I would love to see a oneshot or something where Kenshin meets with Hotoshi again whether it be at the end of the Bakumatsu or later. I truly enjoyed it and your wrote it very well. Congrats! )

Love Randa*
Kokari chapter 10 . 10/1/2006
this is really good! i really enjoyed it and i like how u do the opinions of each side and make it seems realistic! please keep writing after ur dead as well !_
Kokari chapter 6 . 9/30/2006
torturing kenny is awesome, i'll read the rest of ur story tomorrow, for now i really have to go to bed... stupid awaking times and yeah. please never stop writing!
Heather Logan chapter 10 . 8/7/2006
Hi Zig-zag! I read this a couple of weeks back but didn't get around to reviewing ; so I'm writing it up now (and taking the opportunity to re-read!).

I liked the way you portrayed Kenshin's getting sick in the first few chapters. I thought it was quite realistic how he kind of shrugged it off, trying to ignore it since he knew there were things he had to do. I also liked how cranky it made him! (Rurounis aren't allowed to get cranky. ) Nice how you cranked up the tension at the start of chapter 3 with the sense of the hot sun and the world tipping slightly in Kenshin's perception, and developed it through the fight scene.

I know people sometimes complain about how 'sick fics are so cliche' (having written one myself *ahem*) but seriously, if one's going to write a story one has to base it on some central difficulty. And if you're going to do fight scenes with Kenshin and make them at all interesting it's almost required to 'disable' him in some way, because otherwise he's just too skilled and it's no match at all.

You've got some very nice OC's here. I *love* Reizo in the first couple of chapters. He's so chattery! And so persistent! I love the way he just annoys the hell out of Kenshin. If he's in your other story then I should definitely go read that one...

I also like how you develop Hitoshi through the course of the story. He is *so cruel* at first, but believably so (and for a good reason). I really like the way he starts to think, to confront his own assumptions, and yet still he's unrelentingly cruel. The way you brought out the 'it is war, bad things happen, neither side is in the right' thread made this fic much more than it would otherwise have been - very nice job!

And the pain... augh... chapters 4 and 5, you don't let up at all, you just keep ratcheting it on! And still it gets worse! (Fantastic!) I liked how Kenshin took his chance and ran, despite everything, and I like how he was going on pure willpower toward the end. A very Kenshin-y thing to do. And I found it kind of poignantly cruel how the three guys didn't do anything to help Kenshin when he was sick, aside from dumping him in the river to cool off his fever a couple of times.

Shuhei is such an arrogant bastard. It's almost painful watching him order the others around. I'm just amazed they put up with him for as long as they do. I still don't quite understand why Shuhei wanted to spend the night in the inn in the village, and go to all the elaborate trouble to smuggle Kenshin in. Was it just for a round of the bars and a night in a bed? Or was it a show-off kind of thing? I see how it was significant to the plot in helping Reizo and the others find him, but I didn't catch Shuhei's motivation.

I *loved* the way Kenshin finally got free! In-character awesomeness! Leaping up into the tree, when those guys had thought he could never climb it with his hands tied! I also liked how you had him make use of the technique of running to string out your attackers and take them on one at a time. Also I really liked the bit where Reizo finally finds him! :-D All that annoying yelling winds up being good for something! Reizo makes for some great comic relief there at the end. It was touching and sweet when Reizo asks Kenshin if he could call him Himura.

The first time I read this story I was thinking that in some of the later chapters there were a few gaps where the reader forgets about Kenshin's condition for a while before it's mentioned again; I was thinking to comment that it's good to drop little reminders of the sensations here and there. But reading it the second time it flowed just fine, so maybe I was just distracted the first time.
GERHDFGN chapter 2 . 7/15/2006
this is a really good story keep it up

luv Faina
bluekitsune251 chapter 10 . 4/16/2006
hey, i loved it! you are right about there not being many people realizing that when there's war, both sides lose... kinda stupid, really, but it's true. *sigh* when you reealise it, though, it really maakes you think...

anyway, thank you for posting this. maybe i'll check out your other stories now...or maybe not, i think that was thunder... anyway, i'm watching!
Hitokiri-san chapter 10 . 2/6/2006
Nice story! I can't believe that I've missed this one before, since you are so active in the RK realm that your name is easily recognizable...

Anyway, I find it funny when Kenshin tells Hitoshi that Tomoe "is a girl who works in an inn and does inn stuff." Now *that* would be a great understatement of the girl's past...Saitou and Okita's appearance here is rather fleeting, but well...and I see that Okita is his polite self too, seeing that he addresses Kenshin as "Battousai-san"

Thanks for sharing! And I hope for another piece with more Okita and Saitou abound!