Reviews for Of Interest
ophelietta chapter 1 . 5/13/2011
Ohhhh, I really like this. Sandman's like vodka for me - it mixes with anything - but with Buffy, it seems to mix particularly well. I like how matter-of-fact Barnabas is, and how you don't go over the top with crazy!Spike (which, really, would be easy, since he is crazy). I like how the references are numerous but casual, requiring just enough digging to wake up my brain, and just how the mood balances out - the heaviness and the mind-numbing horror of what's happened to Spike is leavened by Barnbas' quippy ways. It's delicate and playful, the light treatment of tragedy that doesn't diminish tragedy or belittle it - just makes it the tiniest bit easy to bear, and leaves you with the kind of laughter that catches in your throat and just might - just /might/ turn to tears. Anyhow, that's a long review for a short fic. Just wanted to say I enjoyed this brief little read, and thanks for writing it.
Sage Darkwoods chapter 1 . 2/26/2006
This is simply adorable. The Crazy!Basement!Spike always had me scratching my head. Here, you've put in something extra. Heck, the show could've benifitted from a visit from Barnabas. Sandman crossovers are very few with Buffy, and you've managed to create a very fine example of a good one. It's notable that none of the Endless actually appear. I kinda like that. Excellent work.
GuesssWho chapter 1 . 11/30/2005
Spike always seemed, like, really tragic once he got his soul back. I liked this-madness can be beautiful.

BTB, my favorite Buffy line EVER was when he called that weird ax 'the holy hand grenade of Antiarc, or whatever the hell it is.' They got that from Monty Python, did you know that? Why am I telling you this? Delirium! Go away, Delirium, I'm trying to write a letter!
mimifoxlove chapter 1 . 9/8/2005
I hope you can undate soon. You wite the best friendship storys I have read in a long time.

mimi love fox
Harry2 chapter 1 . 2/17/2005
So, one of the Eternals has come to visit Spike. VERY INTERESTING! I would have thought it would have been Death, not the Sandman coming for a visit.