Reviews for Before the Dawn
MisplacedNerd chapter 1 . 4/15
Lover this story! It was so good.
Naima chapter 49 . 3/27
I've never written a comment, even though I've been on this website for about a year. This book was just amazing, and I wish I could have seen that side of Severus throughout the movies instead of a cold, bitter man.
Imwaiting4myAliceandEdward chapter 49 . 3/22
This was an amazingly well written story. Although I must say I was devastated when Draco died... The only redeeming part was the order of merlin. I think you developed the relationship between Hermione and Severus perfectly and while your ending was GREAT, I feel a glimpse into their future would have created the PERFECT ending. Nice job, and will be on my favorites list.
MomentousMinutiae chapter 34 . 3/13
Poor Malfoy. I kind of saw this coming, but it doesn't take the sting out of it.
Love it but the story is like really long but other than thati lobe it :)
imAbitch chapter 26 . 2/23
it :D
misstaken1 chapter 24 . 2/19
So far this story is amazing! And I must say, you clever witch, you...Harry is going to pull out the dagger, right? Right? Voldemort did steal his blood, after all, so they are like blood relatives! I can't wait to read more but responsibility calls! Also, this story is going in my favs.
StormDragonfly chapter 30 . 2/14
Yay, I was glad to see the equanimity I mentioned in the last review.

Responding to your A/N about how far things went in the dungeons, it was Hermione's consistent begging that put me off, and especially later the reflective line... They weren't thinking she said, remembering the feral look in his eyes, unrelenting even when she pleaded with him to stop. When someone's determined to hurt another, begging for them to stop isn't going to work. It doesn't mean they are not thinking, they're just refusing. Begging also gives them more of a sense of power and control. Talking them out of it by using reason (which Hermione started to do "you don't want to do this" but never followed through on) can work, and might match the "not thinking" accusation. But "please don't; please stop; please let me go" gives an attacker strength, not prompts them to think. "Please stop and think about what you're doing." What this means. Consequences you can expect... At the very least it's potential distraction.
StormDragonfly chapter 29 . 2/13
That was a good closing argument, lots of character coming out. I am hoping that later the point is raised that immediately after Hermione told Snape she trusted him to view her mind he betrayed that trust. It's two-sided: He feels his trust in her regarding the moon filly was betrayed, her trust in him regarding Legilimency was. Their relationship can only be equal if both are acknowledged.
StormDragonfly chapter 25 . 2/13
That was great. I am pleased that Voldemort had reason to believe Snape would die, rather than just sending him back.

And what a reversal! You made it so much more believably complex than just pulling out the dagger. Bravo! (I wonder if the Dark Mark is on Harry now? That's a plot twist for sure!)

Curious if Snape will have to pretend to be dead, which he can pull off now that the Mark is gone. That will require not teaching...which would enable he and Hermione to get together.

I guess I'll find out.

Thank you for your intelligent approach.
Great Story, really enjoyed it!
StormDragonfly chapter 14 . 2/10
I couldn't help but note the potential significance of Snape wanting Hermione to order him. Oh my.

I do like how your chapters tend to pick up right when the previous left off. Hermione heads to hospital wing / Hermione arrives at hospital wing. :)
StormDragonfly chapter 13 . 2/10
Your skill with words is excellent.
MrsClaraStar chapter 1 . 2/9
I love your story! Thank you so much!
StormDragonfly chapter 10 . 2/9
No need to apologize for taking the time to establish Hermione's friendships. :) The story is better for including it.
1,700 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »